Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex-Muslim, now Atheist - ASK ME ANYTHING! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    Well your not God.
    I never claimed to be, I claimed to be more merciful than Allah, which contradicts the Quran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Do you have any proof it isn't? Funny that you'll ask about proof for this but evidence against creationism is instantly disregarded because that contradicts the Qu'ran.

What does the Qu'ran say about neanderthals, homo erectus, homo habilis?
    You seem to think science and religion are seperate entities and can't mix....

ReputationRep:
    They can so long as religion remains a personal philosophy and nothing else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    But how do you know that the quran wasn't just made up like every other religious text
    Made up by who......

Prophet mohammed who was an orphan and couldn't read or write.

The Qur'an is too complex for humanity to have written it. It even challenges people like you to write ten verses simliar to Quran.

ReputationRep:
    Made up by who......

Prophet mohammed who was an orphan and couldn't read or write.

The Qur'an is too complex for humanity to have written it. It even challenges people like you to write ten verses simliar to Quran.
    Too complex? In what way? And similar, what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    You didn't answer my question.

And religion does hinder scientific progress.

ReputationRep:
    They can so long as religion remains a personal philosophy and nothing else
    Which it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Can you respond to my response to that video you posted?
    Thanks

(Original post by h3isenberg)
    'Who made us so perfect?'
    We're one of the most flawed species on earth. For example:
    The frail knees and spine
    Births complicated (before C - sections)
    Ejaculation and urination originating from the same organ, can cause UTIs.
    What the **** is the appendix for lol, does nothing and can kill
    One of few animals that can't make own vitamin C
    Wisdom teeth

I could go on but...

'There isn't a camera on this earth that can come close to the human eye'
    Human eyes are inefficient, one of many arguments against creationism. We have a blind spot and too many muscles in the eye.
    The light to rod/cone cell is inefficient

'Where did all this come from'
    Evidence does point to simple life originating from an asteroid or collision and thus evolution over millions of years. No one knows for sure but God certainly isn't the answer. The Quran doesn't even mention dinosaurs or neanderthals (or any other species of human like homo erectus)

ReputationRep:
    I'll get back to you in five mins.

ReputationRep:
    Which it is.
    Not when it starts making scientific claims and becomes politicised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    I never claimed to be, I claimed to be more merciful than Allah, which contradicts the Quran.
    Ok............................

How does it condtadict the Qur'an....

ReputationRep:
    Ok............................

How does it condtadict the Qur'an....
    The Quran claims that Allah is most merciful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    The Quran claims that Allah is most merciful.
    And who defines merciful.

Can you tell me how you are more merciful.

ReputationRep:
    Too complex in the way that it's impossible for humans to even create 1 verse like it! The disbelieving arabs did try it and they were mocked and laughed upon because what they created didn't make sense.
    It's not simple straight forward arabic that was put together by some author. The arabic used is complex, the way the verses are all formed together, so many meanings and teachings can be derived from one tiny verse and that is the reason it is complex, why no human has been able to replicate it and nor will they ever be able to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And who defines merciful.

Can you tell me how you are more merciful.
    It is less merciful to send people to hell than to not sned them there. Allah does the former, I would do the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saad97)
    Too complex in the way that it's impossible for humans to even create 1 verse like it! The disbelieving arabs did try it and they were mocked and laughed upon because what they created didn't make sense.
    It's not simple straight forward arabic that was put together by some author. The arabic used is complex, the way the verses are all formed together, so many meanings and teachings can be derived from one tiny verse and that is the reason it is complex, why no human has been able to replicate it and nor will they ever be able to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because you are willing to interpret anything out of it. Can you read Arabic fluently?

ReputationRep:
    Because you are willing to interpret anything out of it. Can you read Arabic fluently?
    But that's just like with anything you interpret.
    Yes I can, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabmax22)
    I didn't ignore your question. I was replying to the others. Anyway, I feel free without Islam because I am now free to think about thoughts which would otherwise wrong if I was a muslim. For example, it would be wrong for me to even question or think critically about the existence of God. I would have naively believed creationism if I was still a muslim. These are namely just a few reasons. Being an atheist allows me to think for myself as opposed to believing books written by Peasants thousands of years ago.
    hi there, i'm a muslim but i live a very free lifestyle. i smoke, drink and what not but i have never stopped believing that islam is the truth. and i am also aware that my actions are sinful, and i do try to stop. i have some ex muslim friends too who have questioned me countless times, and thrown their reasons for not believing in islam anymore, but the fact is i have always, and i mean always had an explanation as to why things are the way they are. and that is because i know enough about the religion to understand it, then judge it. and i understand you have lost faith, that is completely up to you. but that does not give you the right to bad mouth what others hold sacred.

ps. just because you stopped believing, it does not eliminate the possibility of you being wrong in your beliefs, infact some have told me that possibility haunts them even more when they became athiest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saad97)
    But that's just like with anything you interpret.
    Yes I can, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, but that doesnt mean what you are interpreting isn't rubbish

And I mean could you pick up any Arabic book and read it without ease?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but that doesnt mean what you are interpreting isn't rubbish

And I mean could you pick up any Arabic book and read it without ease?
    I know but what is interpreted from the Quran is not rubbish, it obviously is within context and makes logical sense.

Well it depends if it has the verbs on or not because I haven't learn the Arabic language fully yet.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.