3 x year 9 lessons to plan for next week
    2 and a half year 8 lessons to plan for next week
    2 x year 10 lessons to plan for next week
    Assignment yet to be started
    Marking to do
    Evidence gathering/ reflections to be done

Thank Fudge for Easter.
    Ha mines the same!

2x y9 (including my last university obs)
    3x y10
    4x y8
    4x y7

Marking
    Get my file up to scratch for my observation

I'm just leaving my assignment until Easter two weeks to go....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lantan)
    I feel your pain. I feel bullied too and blamed for everything, like a scapegoat. I wonder if I should say anything - nothing is going to change for me, but other people could end up in the same situation.
    Whether or not you choose to say anything while on placement I would definitely say something afterwards. The uni will rely on this type of feedback to choose the schools they work with, so like you say you could help someone else.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Got a teaching round interview on Monday. I'm to teach Yr 6 in a subject of my wish. Any ideas? I'm thinking one of numeracy (except shape), science or WW2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Whether or not you choose to say anything while on placement I would definitely say something afterwards. The uni will rely on this type of feedback to choose the schools they work with, so like you say you could help someone else.

xxx
    I agree with this.

I had a decent mentor in both of my placements, but the co-ordinator (in charge of all trainees in the school) in one of them was a bit of a bully. They weren't that bad, but on the first day we got a talk about how the school wasn't afraid to fail people, had failed people in our respective subject areas before, it was a nice school to teach in and if we couldn't do it we should "quit and get a job at the Co-op". So that was nice...

They also kept saying they'd randomly drop in and observe one of our lessons (but never did) and suddenly asked us to start doing lesson evaluations a completely different way (not according to the university's forms, but their own special style) and bring one and show them it during our lunchtime before the end of the week. I think they just wanted to feel powerful and seem to be doing more than they actually were (in reality they never observed me, and when I took them the evaluation they glanced, nodded and didn't even read it).

It didn't have a massive impact on my placement because my mentor was supportive and pretty much told me to take what the co-ordinator said with a pinch of salt (also, to be fair, the co-ordinator did organise some really good things, like a mock job interview run by staff from other departments). But it did make everything feel a bit negative, and I did pass it on at the end of the year when we were asked to feed back to the university about our placement experiences.

ReputationRep:
    Really regretting going out last night...utterly hungover today and haven't planned my lessons for tomorrow yet. I never usually work at night but going to have to tonight I think. God am I looking forward to Easter.

ReputationRep:
    I blame this PGCE for my mass comfort eating and general lack of exercise! Haha I feel awful at the moment, I know I've put on a ton of weight from comfort eating

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveluis10)
    Really regretting going out last night...utterly hungover today and haven't planned my lessons for tomorrow yet. I never usually work at night but going to have to tonight I think. God am I looking forward to Easter.
    Lol I was just contemplating how much weight I've put on. I don't eat much, it's due to stress and no exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgce2013)
    Lol I was just contemplating how much weight I've put on. I don't eat much, it's due to stress and no exercise.
    I lost loads of weight during my PGCE, mostly because I was too stressed to eat half the time. At lunchtime I'd either have forgotten to buy stuff to eat, or have something with me, but feel like I'd be sick if I ate it.

I've definitely put on weight since Christmas this year though. I think it's because I'm feeling slightly less stressed (ie: calm enough to eat) but too busy for exercise. And I feel like I deserve a treat after a hard day/week, so eat way too much chocolate, etc.

Hopefully next year I'll get back to doing some exercise again, but for now I just want to survive the NQT year. Can't believe there are only 12 more teaching weeks left here 'til the summer!

ReputationRep:
    When do NQTs have the best hope of getting a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    When do NQTs have the best hope of getting a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Between now and July? Jobs are coming up all the time and I know plenty of nqts who have had jobs for a couple of months.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say March-June is the busiest time.

I think most people on my course last year got their jobs in May - I got mine just before May half-term. But there were people with jobs sorted as early as December.

ReputationRep:
    Wasted the day today where I am mostly free. Gutted.
    Spent it planning year 7 lessons, only to be told that their descriptions aren't good enough and that I need to redo them with them. So, that's me planning all tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    Wasted the day today where I am mostly free. Gutted.
    Spent it planning year 7 lessons, only to be told that their descriptions aren't good enough and that I need to redo them with them. So, that's me planning all tonight...
    Aww Shelly, I don't get much done during my PPA time as I am always preparing for the lesson before and can't focus. I've changed my lessons many times before delivery, We have Easter around the corner

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This week is horrible.

Must. Get. To. Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveluis10)
    This week is horrible.

Must. Get. To. Friday.
    I feel like that. I've got a nice day in uni on Friday for a change, so just need to get tomorrow and Thursday over with. Struggling with planning at the moment, I definitely need a refresher break.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outlaw-torn)
    I feel like that. I've got a nice day in uni on Friday for a change, so just need to get tomorrow and Thursday over with. Struggling with planning at the moment, I definitely need a refresher break.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Similar feelings here
    So tired I'm in bed at 9pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgce2013)
    Aww Shelly, I don't get much done during my PPA time as I am always preparing for the lesson before and can't focus. I've changed my lessons many times before delivery, We have Easter around the corner

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm trying but I'm currently sooo tired and still have so many lessons to plan for this week Got a mental block on what to do to help them get their descriptions up to scratch and just feel all round rubbish! I wish it was Friday. Wednesday is my worst day, full timetable all day

ReputationRep:
    There's jobs at my second placement school and I think more than just the one, it's advertised on TES. Should I apply? I'm not performing to the best of abilities at this school and that's part because I'm in Reception, somewhere I shouldn't be. So if I do apply they'll obviously ask my mentor and she's a very honest woman. I don't think she'll recommend me. That said I'm always going on about wanting to be a KS2 teacher and am helping out with SATs marking and gonna even ask to take a booster class after school. That's another thing - do you think would be willing to allow a PGCE take a SATs booster session after school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    I'm trying but I'm currently sooo tired and still have so many lessons to plan for this week Got a mental block on what to do to help them get their descriptions up to scratch and just feel all round rubbish! I wish it was Friday. Wednesday is my worst day, full timetable all day
    At least you have some lessons banked to tweak and use later.

(Original post by qwerty_mad)
    There's jobs at my second placement school and I think more than just the one, it's advertised on TES. Should I apply? I'm not performing to the best of abilities at this school and that's part because I'm in Reception, somewhere I shouldn't be. So if I do apply they'll obviously ask my mentor and she's a very honest woman. I don't think she'll recommend me. That said I'm always going on about wanting to be a KS2 teacher and am helping out with SATs marking and gonna even ask to take a booster class after school. That's another thing - do you think would be willing to allow a PGCE take a SATs booster session after school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They'll probably be crying out for help with SATS prep! It may Be that you run it with someone but they take a back seat for you to get practice.

Re: applying... What have you got to lose? If you think you'd enjoy working there give it a go and be clear about your KS2 passion. At worst you won't get selected and then you know probably why already. You may get some useful feedback out of it if it goes further and you may even get a job!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today was absolutely manic.

This has been by far and away the most intense, draining week of my PGCE so far.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.