Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    What kind of scientist is he - how many lives is he capable of saving?
    This is very crude but I'd save whichever one had the potential to save more people's lives. Eg if he was in pharmaceuticals and had discovered the cure to a widespreadd fatal disease I'd save him, if he didn't have any chance of achieving something like that I'd save the prospective medical student

I hate utilitarianism yet here I am, spouting rubbish about the "greater good"
    Why don't we go with your pharmaceutical scientist who has discovered the cure for Polio. But the problem is, if he's discovered the cure, then why should you still save him? Or did you mean that he is on the way to discovering a cure?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't like specifics because it begins to lose the abstract of the narrative but I shall comply. That wasn't my intended scientist.

NB: Does that mean that you will not go with the alternative option of allowing the individual to decide? If you're 'spouting rubbish about the "greater good"' then wouldn't selecting the individual allow you and a possible other to survive rather than either the scientist or student surviving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Why don't we go with your pharmaceutical scientist who has discovered the cure for Polio. But the problem is, if he's discovered the cure, then why should you still save him? Or did you mean that he is on the way to discovering a cure?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't like specifics because it begins to lose the abstract of the narrative but I shall comply. That wasn't my intended scientist.
    NB: Does that mean that you will not go with the alternative option of allowing the individual to decide? If you're 'spouting rubbish about the "greater good"' then wouldn't selecting the individual allow you and a possible other to survive rather than either the scientist or student surviving?
    Starting to dread seeing your name in my notifications, I've answered your four questions m8

ReputationRep:
    As above
    Which sport r u interested in?? & who is ur favourite player..

ReputationRep:
    They were all about the Aeneid I went slightly mad after the third one
    All three? Woah. Eww. You okay? Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Shehzar)
    Which sport r u interested in?? & who is ur favourite player..
    Djokovic is my favourite sportsperson. I've only been to Wimbledon once but when I went it was in 2011 and I saw him play against Baghdatis in round 3 and you could see how much he wanted to win. Everyone boo'ed him when he got angry and started smashing his racquet but I just thought it was amazing that he was that passionate about his sport. Of course he went on to win Wimbledon that year. But yeah, I thought if I could want something that badly I'd want to fight just like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    All three? Woah. Eww. You okay? Lmao.
    I've had a break now, I'm alright aha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Pliny essays start tomorrow though

ReputationRep:
    I've had a break now, I'm alright aha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Pliny essays start tomorrow though
    Which Pliny?

ReputationRep:
    Which Pliny?
    The Younger, we're doing a selection of his letters. So far we've done 1.12, 2.1 and 2.20

ReputationRep:
    The Younger, we're doing a selection of his letters. So far we've done 1.12, 2.1 and 2.20
    Gawd, i'm not sure if I could find that part interesting at all.

ReputationRep:
    Starting to dread seeing your name in my notifications, I've answered your four questions m8
    You haven't completely answer the fourth installment to sufficient satisfaction.

You prompted continuation by asking what sort of scientist he is.

You also haven't shed light on whether you are interested in the individual.

We are almost there...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Of course you are under no obligation to, I do not wish for you to be coerced.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic is my favourite sportsperson. I've only been to Wimbledon once but when I went it was in 2011 and I saw him play against Baghdatis in round 3 and you could see how much he wanted to win. Everyone boo'ed him when he got angry and started smashing his racquet but I just thought it was amazing that he was that passionate about his sport. Of course he went on to win Wimbledon that year. But yeah, I thought if I could want something that badly I'd want to fight just like him.
    Yup.. I have seen him play & he really has the passion to win each & every game he plays.. I also like the way Roger Federer plays, he also is one of the best players of tennis world..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    You haven't completely answer the fourth installment to sufficient satisfaction.

You prompted continuation by asking what sort of scientist he is.

You also haven't shed light on whether you are interested in the individual.

We are almost there...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Of course you are under no obligation to, I do not wish for you to be coerced.
    Are you applying for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Medicine, I had an offer from them last year but became ill during my A2 exams and missed all my offers
    ah I'm really sorry to hear that
    you must be really academic. do you mind me asking what you got at GCSE and AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radk)
    ah I'm really sorry to hear that
    you must be really academic. do you mind me asking what you got at GCSE and AS?
    12A*s and 3As at GCSE, aaaab at AS

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying for medicine?
    How about we strike an online deal?

I will be willing to give you my answer to your question if you are willing to answer and complete the final installation.

I understand that perhaps the value of each answer is not equal, considering the fact that my answer will only be one word but the impact it shall have will be great.

ReputationRep:
    Orthopaedic surgeon
    Very nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    How about we strike an online deal?

I will be willing to give you my answer to your question if you are willing to answer and complete the final installation.

I understand that perhaps the value of each answer is not equal, considering the fact that my answer will only be one word but the impact it shall have will be great.
    I just realised that your profile picture is Chucky. You're awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Five ASes? Woaaaah. You must work really hard to have got those grades. What was the B in? Does it bug you? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Also, how did you take 15 GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    Five ASes? Woaaaah. You must work really hard to have got those grades. What was the B in? Does it bug you? Lol.
    French, and I was one motherfrickin mark off an A. I spent like £80 on remarks and both units came back EXACTLY THE SAME.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.