The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*pink_sapphires*
I know when your birthday is and dont you worry, it is going to be great :biggrin:

I'm feeling really down today. Uni is ok but it's hard. Feels like everything is set in stone now and it's really not that great. Doubt I'll make anymore friends, doubt I'll become close to anyone that I am already friends with, it's hard to motivate myself to do the work and yeah....basically it's hard. Plus my Mum is texting me from home telling me my brother is suicidal which doesn't help me at all. :frown:

How are you? x

sorry your feeling down :hugs: Keep trying at uni, you've done great to get there so that shows how much you are capable of. You may make new friends yet, who knows! Everyday is a new day, just keep going. I can imagine its hard for you, but your doing so well by sticking at it, I hope your brother will be ok. Have you spoken to him yourself? you might be able to find out whats going on instead of by a text. :hugs:

I've been ok thanks, I've been trying hard, and working hard hoping it will pay off one day. Im close to finishing counselling which is great I guess, but im due to start CBT soon so a bit scared about that.
But in general I feel good about things at the moment.
needs hugs is worried
Liz, how are things now :hugs: is that pesky radiator still being bad?

Luke, I'm so happy you're feeling good :hugs:

Vienna, what's up?
i'm awaiting news on my nan recently found out that she has a tumour in her stomach. i'm ill and just had flash back :frown: gah i feel so ****** i hate flashbacks
:hugs: for everyone
I'm sorry i havent been about everyone i feel bad for going i just had everything going wrong had a bit of struggle i hope everyone has been pok and taken care of themselves
Vienna Cannon
i'm awaiting news on my nan recently found out that she has a tumour in her stomach. i'm ill and just had flash back :frown: gah i feel so ****** i hate flashbacks
:hugs: for everyone

:hugs: I'm really sorry
raspberrybubbles
:hugs: I'm really sorry

its ok
fairy spangles
hi everyone i havent had chance to read all your posts, ive been away for a while needed to clear my mind - :hugs: to everyone
legendkiller - why are they s adament u become a doctor?

i dont know..... its probably cus im asian and asian parents are so nagging to have their children become doctors or lawyers
Hey guys. I need to get some stuff off my chest again, and I thought this'd be the best place to do it.

So, I've been on fluoxetine hydrochloride for nearly two weeks. My GP said it'd take about this long for it to take effect. But if it is taking effect, it's just making me feel worse. And now I'm starting to hate myself because I know no one else will ever be able to love me. As much or little as I try, there's always, always going to be another guy that any girl I like is going to like so much more, and I'll only ever be "just a friend". I've considered starting to cut again. I don't know what's stopping me from doing it. Must be the last ounce of will left in me.

My GP also said I should go to counselling, but I'm sure they'll only tell me the same BS I hear from everyone else. That I'm "still young" and "will find someone eventually".

I need more help than this, and I don't know how to get it :frown:
Dinendal Leralonde
And now I'm starting to hate myself because I know no one else will ever be able to love me. As much or little as I try, there's always, always going to be another guy that any girl I like is going to like so much more, and I'll only ever be "just a friend".

i can relate to you on this point alot, this was me about a month ago. I was thinking of cutting as well, but decided to keep my mind off it all by being busy and i've decided i'm not to let it get to me.

i'm just going to have fun with the great friends i have and who knows maybe i'll find someone at the same time, no big deal if i don't.
right...apologies now but im not going to go through and quote everyone so you'll just have to read it :p: sorry.

Kate - the radiator is a nightmare. Managed to get everything dry now though and it's all ironed and away. I then went and washed my bedding, put it in a tumble drier and it dried :smile: However the towels I put in didn't get dry so they're now on the radiator for when it comes on at 3am in the morning! My room is boiling hot so I've got the window up now. In the morning I'll wake up and there will be water dripping from the window sill from condensation. Not good.

Vienna - I hope your Nan is ok sweetheart. Don't apologise for not being here. :hugs: I really hope you are ok and the struggle is getting a bit easier.

Legend - don't let your parents get you down. Do what YOU want to do, not what anyone else wants you to do. You are your own person...please remember that and don't let anyone try to mould you into something that you're not. It's your life and you have to enjoy it.

Dinendal - big hugs for you :hugs: I know how you feel, I really do. Everyone around me is in a relationship and I'm not and it's making me feel like the odd one out. I don't know what I do to put guys off and not get into a relationship but i must do something wrong :frown: We are young though and we will find people eventually. We just have to stop looking and they'll come to us. Keep your chin up darling and enjoy being single. :hugs:

Had a tough evening. Mum's texting me telling my my brother is suicidal and she doesn't know what to do. I've told her to take him to the doctors but she said she can't make him go. It's a nightmare and I'm 125 miles away from home so I can't just put him in the car and drive him there. Found out IT guy has moved in with his gf which has upset me a bit because this time last year we were really close and nearly about to get into a relationship. I hope he's happy but I do miss him a lot. He understood me and made me happy and I've never had a guy treat me the way he did before and doubt I'll ever get that again :frown:

So behind on work. My room is still a bit messy which is annoying me. I've tried though, I really have. I need to go to bed but I want to get stuff done before I start to feel really low. I have the urge to get stuff done now even though I'm really really tired. Not looking forward to this week. I'm beginning to get back into struggling to get up in the mornings. Lectures are ok and are a chance to see Darren but things between us are weird/awkward at times, especially if a couple of other girls are around. Would love to just have some time when it's just me and him but I'll never get that and that is a real shame :frown:

I'm getting down about my appearance aswell :frown: Wish I was thinner, prettier and wore nicer clothes. Think I'm going to try and lose a stone in weight by January. Doubt I'll do it because to be honest, I haven't got a stone of fat on me to lose, I just have an untoned stomach. Meh...life...it sucks and I really don't see the point in it :frown:
aww :hugs:

quoting yourself here

*pink_sapphires*
We are young though and we will find people eventually. We just have to stop looking and they'll come to us. Keep your chin up darling and enjoy being single.

don't let being single get you down, if you need to talk someone you can always talk to me, hope you feel better soon :hugs:
LegoForEver
aww :hugs:

quoting yourself here

don't let being single get you down, if you need to talk someone you can always talk to me, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Thanks darling :hugs: I'll reply to your PM tomorrow by the way...sorry for not doing that sooner :o:

Right, I've got some stuff done and my room is looking much better. It's my new CD player that's taking up space. It is ubberly cool though...VW beetle :biggrin: So now I'm going to bed and I hope I'll get up in time for my 9am lecture!

Lots of love to you all :hugs: xxxx
I can't sleep. :frown:

I was supposed to be going back to school tomorrow and I know there's no way I'll be able to. The longer I'm off school, the more chance there is that I'll have to retake the year and go to uni a year late. I don't want all my friends to go off and me to still be stuck here doing year 13 again. Not that they'll probably even be my friends by then, since I've pretty much stopped speaking to anyone at all. I'm so stressed and tired and frazzled and aarrgghh. :cry: I can't do this any more!
Reply 3674
Dinendal Leralonde
My GP also said I should go to counselling, but I'm sure they'll only tell me the same BS I hear from everyone else. That I'm "still young" and "will find someone eventually".

That's not what happens in counselling. They give you an outlet to express your thoughts about yourself and help to direct you in understanding and, consequentially, beginning to change your thought processes.

They're not there to patronise or give directional advice. I find it quite liberating. It's worth a shot, surely?
Dinendal Leralonde
Hey guys. I need to get some stuff off my chest again, and I thought this'd be the best place to do it.

So, I've been on fluoxetine hydrochloride for nearly two weeks. My GP said it'd take about this long for it to take effect. But if it is taking effect, it's just making me feel worse. And now I'm starting to hate myself because I know no one else will ever be able to love me. As much or little as I try, there's always, always going to be another guy that any girl I like is going to like so much more, and I'll only ever be "just a friend". I've considered starting to cut again. I don't know what's stopping me from doing it. Must be the last ounce of will left in me.

About the fluoxetine, it's happened with me... I'm going to my GP about it tomorrow because I'm not happy about it. I hope things iron out soon! :hugs:
Planto

They're not there to patronise or give directional advice. I find it quite liberating. It's worth a shot, surely?

really? because some of them do.
*sighs* can't take much more of this :frown:
Dinendal Leralonde

If it's making you a lot worse then ask to switch to something else. I only managed 4 days on fluoxetine it was so bad. Although it must be said some antidepressants will make you feel worse before you feel better, you just need to decide whether it's too much worse to take and whether to switch to something else.

What's wrong pink sapphires? :hugs:
i feel like i'm losing everything i care about

Latest