The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Nursing timetable Query in University of West London

Scroll to see replies

Hi, please could someone let me know if for the pgdip their previous degree was health/science related or did the uni consider on previous healthcare experience. thanks in advance.
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 21
Oh no! How frustrating! I rang admissions like you said and they have confirmed a September start! Thank you!
Reply 22
Mine was a psychology degree and I had a bit of health care experience- not loads but enough to meet the APEL form so you should be fine either way! X
Ohh okay thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Hey all- I am due to start the PGDip in Sept 2014 also at UWL- looking forward to meeting you all. For the Irish students - does anyone know how I find out/ what have you guys found out about finance/ bursary entitlements? Not sure if we are eligible. Does anyone know the best way to apply for cheapest loan? money worries!!!!
Reply 25
Original post by Jay***
Hi! That's great news- congrats!
Did you get the same info or was September your preferred start date? I would like to start then if I could but am a little confused so have contacted admissions for some clarity!
Now to think of finances! :frown: x

Hi Jay- I think you're Irish too!!! Im just wondering if you've any idea re finances/ bursaries etc for Irish students doing nursing in UK? Due to start PGDip in nursing in UWL in Sept and havent a clue where to start!! Also what sites did u use to find accom?? thanks a mil
Reply 26
Hi everyone 😊, I'm due to start child nursing at the brentford campus BSc in September. Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm starting adult nursing in September at UWL and I am living away! Want to know others who are starting or living with me. Are you guys living away? I start my induction on Monday. If you have twitter follow me @JessicaLilyyy
Reply 28
Those starting Adult Nursing tomorrow at Reading, I'll see you there.
Reply 29
Hello, I will be starting adult nursing in September. Please can u tell me how d timetable is. Also do dey allow you do placement in London if u r commuting from London? Thnx
Original post by ninosa
Hello, I will be starting adult nursing in September. Please can u tell me how d timetable is. Also do dey allow you do placement in London if u r commuting from London? Thnx

When I was in first year the timetable was 2-3 days a week. Now I will be in my third year but my placements in 1st and 2nd year were all in London, but they may vary as I'm doing Mental Health Nursing and therefore it may be different from Adult nursing. I hope my information was useful.
Reply 31
Awwww.....thnx, but we're u studying in reading or Brentford for u to have done ur placements in London?
Yeah I'm studying in the Brentford campus. What about you will you be in the Reading or Brentford campus ?
Reply 33
Oh I see..... lucky u. Mine is at reading
Oh okay, than probably your placements will not be in London as Reading is not in London. But keep your fingers crossed.
Reply 35
Hi there I am starting adult nursing in September.what is it like first year ?
Reply 36
Original post by Xalane
Hi there I am starting adult nursing in September.what is it like first year ?

Me 2. Don't really know how it is. Where about will u b commuting from?
Reply 37
From Slough and you?
Reply 38
Original post by Xalane
From Slough and you?

Awww.....lucky u. For me is london
Reply 39
Original post by Amanda58
Hey all- I am due to start the PGDip in Sept 2014 also at UWL- looking forward to meeting you all. For the Irish students - does anyone know how I find out/ what have you guys found out about finance/ bursary entitlements? Not sure if we are eligible. Does anyone know the best way to apply for cheapest loan? money worries!!!!

Hi Amanda,
Just wondering if you've found accommodation yet? We have a house of 2/3year nursing/midwifery students and need another housemate and want someone also doing a similar course😊 let me know if you're still looking!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending