Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got dumped, can't eat, what do I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I physically can't eat without feeling sick though
    This happened to me one time after getting rejected from a job. It felt so awful being hungry but unable to get food down . I just had to wait it out, still kept on trying to eat little bits of food now and then, and the sick feelings eventually passed after about 5 days. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear this OP!
    I've recently been through the same thing and it's awful. I didn't want to eat but my friends were practically forcing me to, so I was living off cereal and simple stuff. Doesn't matter if you start off just eating food you like or whatever (rather than proper meals), but you have to eat!
    As for how to deal with it, I'd just recommend trying to distract yourself. Sitting on my own was the worst thing I could do, so I spent all my time with my friends and spoke to my family as much as possible. And if you have work or a hobby or something, focus on that.
    Also, cut contact with your ex (if you haven't already), because this seems to make it a tiny bit easier.

Not gonna lie and say it's easy, it's pretty horrible but it does get better eventually, you just need to give it time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.