The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I physically can't eat without feeling sick though

This happened to me one time after getting rejected from a job. It felt so awful being hungry but unable to get food down :frown:. I just had to wait it out, still kept on trying to eat little bits of food now and then, and the sick feelings eventually passed after about 5 days. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry to hear this OP!
I've recently been through the same thing and it's awful. I didn't want to eat but my friends were practically forcing me to, so I was living off cereal and simple stuff. Doesn't matter if you start off just eating food you like or whatever (rather than proper meals), but you have to eat!
As for how to deal with it, I'd just recommend trying to distract yourself. Sitting on my own was the worst thing I could do, so I spent all my time with my friends and spoke to my family as much as possible. And if you have work or a hobby or something, focus on that.
Also, cut contact with your ex (if you haven't already), because this seems to make it a tiny bit easier.

Not gonna lie and say it's easy, it's pretty horrible :frown: but it does get better eventually, you just need to give it time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend and I split up. I feel absolutely crushed and don't know what to do. I haven't eaten for 3/4 days now, when can I expect my appetite to return to normal? Anyone experienced anything similar, what did you do?

been there before, it gets better (:

Latest

Trending

Trending