The Student Room Group

A-level biology?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblegumcat
like everyone else has said, there's a lot of content to learn but it's not too hard to get the grasp of, have you thought about maths a level?

Yeah i did want to do maths but i'm only on a B at the moment so i'm not confident that i would do very well at a-level with it being generally algebra based. I also look at some example questions but it looked way to complicated for me!
Original post by Lyons
Yeah i did want to do maths but i'm only on a B at the moment so i'm not confident that i would do very well at a-level with it being generally algebra based. I also look at some example questions but it looked way to complicated for me!

ahh i see, yeah probably better to go with biology, maths sometimes gives me a headache lol
Hey,
I took A level OCR Biology (and am taking at Uni so may be slightly biased)
Like many other people have said, Biology does have a large workload, and there is a reasonable amount of writing involved. You need to be pretty good with exam technique, or at least happy to work on it
I took both AQA Geography and OCR Chemistry as well and found that Geography had a much greater workload (still fun though) and chemistry had a little less compared with Biology.
Tbh I would really just choose the subject you would find most enjoyable as then the workload shouldn't affect you
ML

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending