The Student Room Group

The School Dux

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackamakka
For both Intermediate (S4) and Senior (S5) Dux here it's based on your overall number of marks in percentage from your exams. I got the S4 Dux, split between four of us as our percentage was the exact same, but I was the only one of the four S4 Dux not to get the S5 Dux (blaming Higher English and Chemistry ngl :tongue:)

You have 4!?

We have one dux award for s5 and one for s6, based on higher and advanced higher prelim results and class performance respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
My school always f***ed it up so really it depended how far up the SMT's backside you were.

Unfortunate truth.
Original post by RD208
My school always f***ed it up so really it depended how far up the SMT's backside you were.

Unfortunate truth.

Hahaha sounds very fair then! :wink: don't think it's like that at my school. The dux has to have some level of intelligence altho you have to make a good impression on the teacher ie suck up. Haha I think I can infer from your reply that you missed out cos you weren't nice enough to teachers? 😁
Reply 23
Original post by tinababy
Hahaha sounds very fair then! :wink: don't think it's like that at my school. The dux has to have some level of intelligence altho you have to make a good impression on the teacher ie suck up. Haha I think I can infer from your reply that you missed out cos you weren't nice enough to teachers? 😁

Aha, no, I got on really well with my teachers. Senior management is another thing altogether, though :tongue:. I didn't really deserve it because I could have done better than I did in 5th year, and then in 6th year when I did more, they decided to not do awards. I suppose I'm more annoyed at the management in general; they promised so much to us in 6th year and delivered on f*** all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending