999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Megastar123)
Yeah I understand. Sorry to confuse you. What I mean is. When applying to do any job which involves working with vulnerable people an enhanced DBS will be carried out on you. So like you Asaid if he committed the crime when he was under the age of 18 it can be filtered. But if he was 18over it depends on the sentence you got, if he got a sentenced to imprisonment from 6months plus this can not be filtered. It will remain on his crb for life. I am only saying this because I am in the same situation. My DBS will never be clear. But it's fine because the university look at a lot of things before making a decision.
You should look at the link in point 4, which means the govt may need to rethink dvs hecks and criminal records.
Gobberts
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi All Thankyou for you advice,I am so happy and have beer allowed on the Nursing Course!!I am so greatful that they gave me a chance of my dream job.So advice would be if you have a criminal record be open about this to the university!!Everyone makes mistake's.Xx
Gobberts
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Emmerloo)
Can we have an update please?? Crossing everything for you xxx
All fine,was allowed on the nursing course.Xx.
Megastar123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's great news. 🙌
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gobberts)
Hi All Thankyou for you advice,I am so happy and have beer allowed on the Nursing Course!!I am so greatful that they gave me a chance of my dream job.So advice would be if you have a criminal record be open about this to the university!!Everyone makes mistake's.Xx
Glad it worked out for you. The point about full disclosure though is because they will check anyway and that will reveal it. You only need to disclose where they ask you to, so its important to read the wording. If you are ever unsure then clarify it with the people making the decision.
fire91tennis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what university did u apply to > I have also applied for nursing at oxford brooks and got a conditional offer.
I also have two shoplifting charges from 2008 did u apply since 2015 then and deferred it?
fire91tennis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gobberts)
what uni did you apply to please?
sammyjonny
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try not to worry I have a ABH caution on mine from 2006 I got all my offers x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I f you only got a caution it is wiped off your record after 5 years so you will be fine don't worry shoplifting is a petty crime hence you got a caution.
What area of nursing are you going into?
sammyjonny
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No it's not wiped off, adult nursing. I had to fill in some question and that along with my DBS went up in front of a panel and they decide whether to offer you a place or not x

Posted from TSR Mobile
fire91tennis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sammyjonny)
No it's not wiped off, adult nursing. I had to fill in some question and that along with my DBS went up in front of a panel and they decide whether to offer you a place or not x

Posted from TSR Mobile
what uni are u studying adult nursing
sammyjonny
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Huddersfield my first choice. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.81%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.64%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.6%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.74%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.21%

Watched Threads