The Student Room Group

Criminal Record Adult Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Megastar123
Yeah I understand. Sorry to confuse you. What I mean is. When applying to do any job which involves working with vulnerable people an enhanced DBS will be carried out on you. So like you Asaid if he committed the crime when he was under the age of 18 it can be filtered. But if he was 18over it depends on the sentence you got, if he got a sentenced to imprisonment from 6months plus this can not be filtered. It will remain on his crb for life. I am only saying this because I am in the same situation. My DBS will never be clear. But it's fine because the university look at a lot of things before making a decision.

You should look at the link in point 4, which means the govt may need to rethink dvs hecks and criminal records.
Reply 21
Hi All Thankyou for you advice,I am so happy and have beer allowed on the Nursing Course!!I am so greatful that they gave me a chance of my dream job.So advice would be if you have a criminal record be open about this to the university!!Everyone makes mistake's.Xx
Reply 22
Original post by Emmerloo
Can we have an update please?? Crossing everything for you xxx

All fine,was allowed on the nursing course.Xx.
That's great news. 🙌
Original post by Gobberts
Hi All Thankyou for you advice,I am so happy and have beer allowed on the Nursing Course!!I am so greatful that they gave me a chance of my dream job.So advice would be if you have a criminal record be open about this to the university!!Everyone makes mistake's.Xx

Glad it worked out for you. The point about full disclosure though is because they will check anyway and that will reveal it. You only need to disclose where they ask you to, so its important to read the wording. If you are ever unsure then clarify it with the people making the decision.
what university did u apply to > I have also applied for nursing at oxford brooks and got a conditional offer.
I also have two shoplifting charges from 2008 did u apply since 2015 then and deferred it?
Original post by Gobberts

what uni did you apply to please?
Try not to worry I have a ABH caution on mine from 2006 I got all my offers x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I f you only got a caution it is wiped off your record after 5 years so you will be fine don't worry shoplifting is a petty crime hence you got a caution.
What area of nursing are you going into?
No it's not wiped off, adult nursing. I had to fill in some question and that along with my DBS went up in front of a panel and they decide whether to offer you a place or not x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sammyjonny
No it's not wiped off, adult nursing. I had to fill in some question and that along with my DBS went up in front of a panel and they decide whether to offer you a place or not x

Posted from TSR Mobile

what uni are u studying adult nursing
Huddersfield my first choice. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Trapped
The fact that you have declared the caution is a positive. A few people on my course have convictions; all were allowed to enrol on Nursing and Midwifery courses pending a review by a panel.

Good luck :biggrin:

Hi, please I would kindly want to ask if those students with convictions were allowed onto tbd course, did they get a job after? I am in a very difficult time, I had a caution for common assault 3 years ago, just completed nursing school, my conditions offer job has been withdrawn. Please let me know if there is any hope I can find a job out there. Thanks
Reply 33

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, were you able to find a job after school? I have caution for common assault and my job condition offer has been withdrawn after dbs came through. Kindlt let me know please as I'm very worried
Original post by Fran88
Hi, please I would kindly want to ask if those students with convictions were allowed onto tbd course, did they get a job after? I am in a very difficult time, I had a caution for common assault 3 years ago, just completed nursing school, my conditions offer job has been withdrawn. Please let me know if there is any hope I can find a job out there. Thanks

Hey you can email me on [email protected] if you want.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get on getting your PIN? Currently going through the registration process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending