The Student Room Group

Nursing student criminal record

Hello has anyone had to complete nursing placement with a criminal record and what issues have you faced
Reply 1
nmc.org.uk
https://www.nmc.org.uk ftp-library
Criminal convictions and cautions - The Nursing and Midwifery Council

Every must be okay with the university of they are letting you go to a placement.

Each person is treated on there on merit regarding a criminal record.
Providing you told the NMC about it then just let them decide what happens.
Original post by Tracey_W
nmc.org.uk
https://www.nmc.org.uk ftp-library
Criminal convictions and cautions - The Nursing and Midwifery Council

Every must be okay with the university of they are letting you go to a placement.

Each person is treated on there on merit regarding a criminal record.
Providing you told the NMC about it then just let them decide what happens.

I’ve already started the course however on the fitness board letter it states that some placements may not accept me which will result in me not meeting the hours 😩
Reply 3
Original post by Flowerbomb1996
I’ve already started the course however on the fitness board letter it states that some placements may not accept me which will result in me not meeting the hours 😩

Okay
So how are you meant to learn hand's on experience if somewhere won't take you become of this matter.
You may perhaps better speaking to your university student union representative for further information on how to solve this issue asap.

@Emily_B
@moonkatt
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
If the university is happy with your fitness to join the course and go on placement then that should be the end of it. They’ve made the risk assessment for you to go on placement and have decided it’s ok, universities shouldn’t set students up to fail.

If they are saying things like that I would take it with a pinch of salt, however make sure you know how to access your students union and join a nursing union so that you have support available should you need it. I do wonder if it would be questionable under GDPR if the uni was to share information like this after risk assessing you to be safe to goon placement, however I’m not well versed in the admin side of this stuff.
Reply 5
the hospital does have the right and duty to screen the students it permits on placements. what a uni thinks is ok may not meet the standards of the placement provider. in most cases there wont be an issue but there is a risk.
Original post by moonkatt
If the university is happy with your fitness to join the course and go on placement then that should be the end of it. They’ve made the risk assessment for you to go on placement and have decided it’s ok, universities shouldn’t set students up to fail.

If they are saying things like that I would take it with a pinch of salt, however make sure you know how to access your students union and join a nursing union so that you have support available should you need it. I do wonder if it would be questionable under GDPR if the uni was to share information like this after risk assessing you to be safe to goon placement, however I’m not well versed in the admin side of this stuff.

Hello, thank you for the above and yes I did sign up with a student union but I’m thinking should I wait until it’s closer to placement time to mention it to them.
Original post by paub
the hospital does have the right and duty to screen the students it permits on placements. what a uni thinks is ok may not meet the standards of the placement provider. in most cases there wont be an issue but there is a risk.

Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending