The Student Room Group

Missing college a day every other week.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingAuthor
I'm missing college for a day every other week because I can't wake up due to extreme fatigue. The act of going on a bus for 40 minutes, doing the college day and another 40 minute bus journey is slowly wearing me out and so every other day I miss college. I could walk to college but that takes an hour which I'm not prepared to do.

I'm unsure how to solve this? I don't want to miss anymore days of college but I'm having to to catch on sleep. ( I sleep around 10-11 at night).

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might be lacking some vitamins. Talk to your doctor about this.
Another thing, if the bus takes 40 mins to get you to college (or it takes an hour to walk), then try cycling. Will keep you fit, won't cost you anything, will wake you up for the day... I spend an hour and half on the bus to get to college and then another hour and half to get back home. And I don't have any days off, so don't complain so much about the travelling bit. :wink:
You also might be oversleeping. :tongue: Sounds silly, I know, but an average person should be okay with 8 hours per night. You might want to just have naps at some point during the day (NOT during your lessons), and that might help as well.
Original post by Katie_Melling
I'm unwillingly in college. Who's to say my stress level isn't the same as theirs?

as someone with mental health issues who's parent threatened to have me hospitalised against my will, it is not the same as having to go to college when you don't want to. Especially if it was in the 50s when mental health care was far worse than it is nowadays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
as someone with mental health issues who's parent threatened to have me hospitalised against my will, it is not the same as having to go to college when you don't want to. Especially if it was in the 50s when mental health care was far worse than it is nowadays

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, what's different to not wanting to go is being forced to go. I either go to college or I become homeless! I'm not just a sad teenager that doesn't wanna go cause it's hard!!!
I was hoping this post wouldn't be a "I've got more issues than you, so deal with it" post. Just remember that I'm not you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't want to scare you or anything, but I was in a similar situation to you last year. Being exhausted all the time. I forced myself to go into colllege... but I'd pass out the moment I got home. --- It actually turned out that my fatigue and exhausted state was a symptom of a blood cancer I had. --- Of course that's incredibly rare, but that's not to say you could still have a sleeping disorder or something around those lines. But all the same, please don't put it off... sometimes it can be more sinister than you think. And like I've seen someone else say, when it comes to applying for uni, your attendance won't looked at too well with those missing days unless you have a medical explanation which can be backed up by someone like you're GP.

Quick Reply

Latest