The Student Room Group

finding it hard to make friends in sixth form

hi!! so i had my first day of sixth form college today, and it was a kind of daunting experience because i decided to just go for it and leave my high school to attend this sixth form, even though it would mean leaving all my friends and starting fresh. luckily this sixth form college isnt linked to a high school, so basically no one knew each other beforehand, but i literally havent made any friends yet! i dont know if people are just nervous, i mean, ive really tried and ive practically talked to every one ive made eye contact with, which is so stressful because im a massive introvert. on the first day, every one was trying to get to know each other, but i think i was unlucky because i was placed next to really shy people and i tried so hard to keep talking but they all just responded with 'mhm's or 'haha's and left us in painful silence after painful silence. day two, i was hoping to make some more friends but it seems people have somehow already nestled into friend groups and i feel like a massive loser. im really missing my old friends, and being alone so much is stressing me out so much i keep crying as soon as i get home lol. is anyone in the same boat?? it just seems like everyone makes their friends on the first day and im some sort of loner.
Reply 1
Original post by jlee22
hi!! so i had my first day of sixth form college today, and it was a kind of daunting experience because i decided to just go for it and leave my high school to attend this sixth form, even though it would mean leaving all my friends and starting fresh. luckily this sixth form college isnt linked to a high school, so basically no one knew each other beforehand, but i literally havent made any friends yet! i dont know if people are just nervous, i mean, ive really tried and ive practically talked to every one ive made eye contact with, which is so stressful because im a massive introvert. on the first day, every one was trying to get to know each other, but i think i was unlucky because i was placed next to really shy people and i tried so hard to keep talking but they all just responded with 'mhm's or 'haha's and left us in painful silence after painful silence. day two, i was hoping to make some more friends but it seems people have somehow already nestled into friend groups and i feel like a massive loser. im really missing my old friends, and being alone so much is stressing me out so much i keep crying as soon as i get home lol. is anyone in the same boat?? it just seems like everyone makes their friends on the first day and im some sort of loner.

i feel the same way but i go to a boarding school now so its worse. I'm normally an extrovert so idk how and why i've become so shy. I'm litch sitting in my dorm room rn and i just deeped that i havent made any like friends friends. Kinda missing my friendship group now. Maybe like try joining a club or something I joined the navy cadets in my school and it was actually fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending