The Student Room Group

stupid van drivers rant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Had instances where a few van drivers had swore at me and called me the n word. Nowadays I usually just give a death stare to any vans going past me.
Original post by B_9710
Van drivers are the worst drivers. Always in a rush. Just all round terrible.

I don't mind the rush part but when they try to race me like seriously

dude stop

now
Original post by Ano123
I'd take 'em.

Right you'd take three guys sure thing bud hahaha. Like the enthusiam though
Reply 23
Original post by geolowiser
Right you'd take three guys sure thing bud hahaha. Like the enthusiam though

I may be young but I'm actually a skilled amateur boxer. As long as the guys don't have any fighting skills, and they fight like the average person (think of a windmill) then I probably would F them up. And 2 guys, definitely.
Original post by Ano123
I may be young but I'm actually a skilled amateur boxer. As long as the guys don't have any fighting skills, and they fight like the average person (think of a windmill) then I probably would F them up. And 2 guys, definitely.

I see your point, but boxing and street fighting are very different things, no doubt an advantage but in a ring you don't have cars to be kicked against and thermos flasks flying at your head lol. I've seen amateur boxers get ripped apart by junior inexperienced krav maga students just because boxers have nothing to their advantage when rolling on the floor or when there is more than one person. Like I said it's defintiely an advantage but I've sparred with boxers before (I am not a boxer myself) and yes they pack a punch and can move well but their training is solely limited to attacks from the hip and above.
Reply 25
Original post by geolowiser
I see your point, but boxing and street fighting are very different things, no doubt an advantage but in a ring you don't have cars to be kicked against and thermos flasks flying at your head lol. I've seen amateur boxers get ripped apart by junior inexperienced krav maga students just because boxers have nothing to their advantage when rolling on the floor or when there is more than one person. Like I said it's defintiely an advantage but I've sparred with boxers before (I am not a boxer myself) and yes they pack a punch and can move well but their training is solely limited to attacks from the hip and above.

I believe me, I'm not small by any means (fight at around 87kg normally). And I would have no problem dealing with the vast vast majority of people. No one is going to throw me against a car lol. This street fighter vs boxer thing is just something non fighters say in order to make themselves feel better and make them think they are men and stand a chance. They don't. I've seen 99% of fights on the streets you see on Facebook or YouTube are between 2 p.ussy.s. Professional footballers are better than people who don't play football. Snooker players are better at snooker than nom snooker players. Why is it different for fighting?
Original post by Ano123
I believe me, I'm not small by any means (fight at around 87kg normally). And I would have no problem dealing with the vast vast majority of people. No one is going to throw me against a car lol. This street fighter vs boxer thing is just something non fighters say in order to make themselves feel better and make them think they are men and stand a chance. They don't. I've seen 99% of fights on the streets you see on Facebook or YouTube are between 2 p.ussy.s. Professional footballers are better than people who don't play football. Snooker players are better at snooker than nom snooker players. Why is it different for fighting?

I did say that no doubt boxing experience and training would be a definite advantage, a number of times. But someone who is drunk fighting in a street is very different to 2-3 people coming at you from different sides potentially with weapons (such as a thermos flask or a stick literally whatever). I totally agree that it would give you an advantage, but the benefits of boxing being strikes, dodging, footwork etc are soley based on facing a single opponent directly, more than one is totally different and my primary point was that it doesn't give you so much of an advantage that one should boldly claim he can take down three guys because of amateur boxing training. I did mentional that krav maga and other mixed combat types would usually crush someone on the street. One of the key things in krav maga is getting out of the situation whilst inflicting maximum pain - let's see how well a boxer stands up after one guy kicks him in the balls and another puts him in a headlock.

The point is that you shouldn't be like "I'd take em" because of some boxing experience (however good you are). OP isn't a pussy for walking away, nor would an MMA instructor. I just don't think boxing training is any genuine defence against lads coming at you unless you strike and run which is different to fighting them.

Quick Reply

Latest