Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

stupid van drivers rant Watch

ReputationRep:
    Buy a van and do it back to them. I recommend a white Mercedes Sprinter as they're driven by true alpha males and women love being driven about in one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    Insults on the internet? Dont be daft thats unheard-of! Anyway its not an insult more a factual statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You think that it's sensible to kick off against multiple people from a demographic who are prone to violent acts? This guy is a pussy for not wanting to get in a fight? Newsflash ******** not everyone wants to scrap at every opportunity
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geolowiser)
    You think that it's sensible to kick off against multiple people from a demographic who are prone to violent acts? This guy is a pussy for not wanting to get in a fight? Newsflash ******** not everyone wants to scrap at every opportunity
    I'm just wise :innocent:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd take 'em.

ReputationRep:
    Male Indian van drivers around the ages of 20-30 are the worst, especially near me. I had abuse the other day for turning right (which stopped them overtaking me on a single carriageway road).

Piss me off because they give me **** for no reason.

Other van drivers are fine usually. You get the odd **** trying to cut you up but it's obvious they'll do it so I just let them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    Male Indian van drivers around the ages of 20-30 are the worst, especially near me. I had abuse the other day for turning right (which stopped them overtaking me on a single carriageway road).

Piss me off because they give me **** for no reason.

Other van drivers are fine usually. You get the odd **** trying to cut you up but it's obvious they'll do it so I just let them...
    Van drivers are the worst drivers. Always in a rush. Just all round terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Had instances where a few van drivers had swore at me and called me the n word. Nowadays I usually just give a death stare to any vans going past me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    Van drivers are the worst drivers. Always in a rush. Just all round terrible.
    I don't mind the rush part but when they try to race me like seriously

dude stop

now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ano123)
    I'd take 'em.
    Right you'd take three guys sure thing bud hahaha. Like the enthusiam though

ReputationRep:
    Right you'd take three guys sure thing bud hahaha. Like the enthusiam though
    I may be young but I'm actually a skilled amateur boxer. As long as the guys don't have any fighting skills, and they fight like the average person (think of a windmill) then I probably would F them up. And 2 guys, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    I may be young but I'm actually a skilled amateur boxer. As long as the guys don't have any fighting skills, and they fight like the average person (think of a windmill) then I probably would F them up. And 2 guys, definitely.
    I see your point, but boxing and street fighting are very different things, no doubt an advantage but in a ring you don't have cars to be kicked against and thermos flasks flying at your head lol. I've seen amateur boxers get ripped apart by junior inexperienced krav maga students just because boxers have nothing to their advantage when rolling on the floor or when there is more than one person. Like I said it's defintiely an advantage but I've sparred with boxers before (I am not a boxer myself) and yes they pack a punch and can move well but their training is solely limited to attacks from the hip and above.

ReputationRep:
    I see your point, but boxing and street fighting are very different things, no doubt an advantage but in a ring you don't have cars to be kicked against and thermos flasks flying at your head lol. I've seen amateur boxers get ripped apart by junior inexperienced krav maga students just because boxers have nothing to their advantage when rolling on the floor or when there is more than one person. Like I said it's defintiely an advantage but I've sparred with boxers before (I am not a boxer myself) and yes they pack a punch and can move well but their training is solely limited to attacks from the hip and above.
    I believe me, I'm not small by any means (fight at around 87kg normally). And I would have no problem dealing with the vast vast majority of people. No one is going to throw me against a car lol. This street fighter vs boxer thing is just something non fighters say in order to make themselves feel better and make them think they are men and stand a chance. They don't. I've seen 99% of fights on the streets you see on Facebook or YouTube are between 2 p.ussy.s. Professional footballers are better than people who don't play football. Snooker players are better at snooker than nom snooker players. Why is it different for fighting?

ReputationRep:
    I believe me, I'm not small by any means (fight at around 87kg normally). And I would have no problem dealing with the vast vast majority of people. No one is going to throw me against a car lol. This street fighter vs boxer thing is just something non fighters say in order to make themselves feel better and make them think they are men and stand a chance. They don't. I've seen 99% of fights on the streets you see on Facebook or YouTube are between 2 p.ussy.s. Professional footballers are better than people who don't play football. Snooker players are better at snooker than nom snooker players. Why is it different for fighting?
    I did say that no doubt boxing experience and training would be a definite advantage, a number of times. But someone who is drunk fighting in a street is very different to 2-3 people coming at you from different sides potentially with weapons (such as a thermos flask or a stick literally whatever). I totally agree that it would give you an advantage, but the benefits of boxing being strikes, dodging, footwork etc are soley based on facing a single opponent directly, more than one is totally different and my primary point was that it doesn't give you so much of an advantage that one should boldly claim he can take down three guys because of amateur boxing training. I did mentional that krav maga and other mixed combat types would usually crush someone on the street. One of the key things in krav maga is getting out of the situation whilst inflicting maximum pain - let's see how well a boxer stands up after one guy kicks him in the balls and another puts him in a headlock.

The point is that you shouldn't be like "I'd take em" because of some boxing experience (however good you are). OP isn't a pussy for walking away, nor would an MMA instructor. I just don't think boxing training is any genuine defence against lads coming at you unless you strike and run which is different to fighting them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.