The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Last year my first choice was Lonsdale, second Pendle. Im so so so glad to be in Pendle!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
i got my second choice of bowland i was all hyped up to be in cartmel but then when i looked around the bowland stuff further i was like yay so glad i got my second choice :biggrin:
Reply 22
I got my second choice, but I'm pretty happy with it :smile: Apparantly Furness, Lonsdale and Cartmel were horrendously over subscribed!
Reply 23
I got my second choice last year too but now I couldn't see myself being anywhere else!! Fylde is always one of the last to know I'm afraid guys but it's worth the wait!!
Reply 24
fyldes worth the wait :wink:
i got my first choice - Furness. :smile:
I got neither my first (Furness) choice or second (Fylde) choice... neither did I get en-suite which I applied for.
JoeJBB
Yeah got my first choice, Furness :biggrin:.

me too :smile: though my friend sent his college application off ebfore me and we'd picked the same colleges and he didnt get into the same, he got into our second choice which was fylde :frown:
Reply 28
there is nothing wrong with fylde!!

you don't necessarily want to be with your old friends from home as it makes it a little harder to make new friends on your own. you can still see each other and the accomodation blocks are just 2 minutes apart!!

one of my best friends from home came to lancs through clearing and was put into county college. we have hardly seen each other since going to uni because we both made incredible new friends. we catch up every now and then but we're both happy!!
one of my best mates' is at lancs as is another good friend. nice to have them there, but its all about making new mates...
Reply 30
I got in to my first choice - Fylde :smile: woo xxx
Reply 31
Second choice for me :p:
Reply 32
so whats the deal with the fancy dress thing? i heard you had to dress up as something starting with the first letter of your college? any one have a clue????
what college are you in?
Reply 34
I know County has the part "C is for.." but I thought it was the only one, most colleges set their own themes
Reply 35
I didn't get either of my choices, but Bowland doesn't seem so bad, its a place to sleep at the end of the day. And i think Bowland do a "Drag night" as their fancy dress? WTF :s-smilie:
Reply 36
ha ha- lookin 4ward to seein you lovely she/mans then. im in bowland- slaidburn house. what about you guys?
im in bowland, ASH House!! yer its a cross dress night on saturday night and its blackpool in the day!! we have got a bar golf crawl, town pub crawl hula night and a freshers ball so sound wicked
Reply 38
voopeem
I know County has the part "C is for.." but I thought it was the only one, most colleges set their own themes

Grizedale has a G night aswell

anyone wanna help i do not have a clue the best my mates come up with was grass :s-smilie: somehow i dont think il be dressing up as a blade of grass lol

x
Reply 39
jess_n
Grizedale has a G night aswell

anyone wanna help i do not have a clue the best my mates come up with was grass :s-smilie: somehow i dont think il be dressing up as a blade of grass lol

x

Gardener, goblin, gondolier (what?), giant, giraffe, Garfield, Grease, German (racial stgereotype there, sorry), gymnast, girl, grape, greengrocer, gremlin, graduate, gorilla, ghost, Gary Glitter (getting silly now...)

Latest

Trending

Trending