The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "It is related that a woman once went to the Prophet Dawood (David) (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him, "O Prophet of Allah, is your Lord just or unjust?" Prophet Dawood (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Woe to you woman, indeed He is Most Just and never acts unjustly." He then asked her, "What is your story?"The woman said to Prophet Dawood (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him), "I am a widow, I have three daughters, and I provide for them from what I spin with my needles and yard. Yesterday, I wrapped my yarn in a cloth and went with it to the marketplace, intending to sell it and use the proceeds to buy provisions for my children. But while I was walking to the marketplace, a bird suddenly swooped down and took my yarn and my cloth, after which it flew away. I sat there in a sad and miserable state, faced with the reality that I owned nothing that I could use to provide for my children."

As the woman was with Prophet Dawood (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) telling him her story, someone knocked on the door asking permission to enter. Permission was given and ten men entered, they were all businessman, and each one of the ten men had 100 dinars in their hand. They said, "O Prophet of Allah, give this money to someone who is deserving of it." Prophet Dawood (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) asked, "What prompted you to bring this money?"

They said, "O Prophet of Allah, we were travelling in a sea vessel, when the waves began to roar tempestuously, and our ship began to sink. Then suddenly, as if out of nowhere, a bird came and dropped a red cloth that contained yard inside of it. Using those materials, we worked to repair the hole in the ship that was causing us to sink. Not much time passed before the winds and waves calmed down and the hole was repaired. We then made an oath to Allah that each one of us would give 100 dinars in charity. This is that money, which you may give as a charity to whomsoever you please."

Prophet Dawood (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said to her, "A Lord Who does business for you on land and in the sea, yet you make Him out to be unjust!" then he gave the women the entire 1000 dinars and said, "Spend it on your children."

"From this story we are reminded of a principle which is taught to us in a narration of the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) in which he said: “How amazing is the affair of the believer. There is good for him in everything and that is for no one but the believer. If good times come his way, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him, and if hardship comes his way, he endures it patiently and that is better for him.” [Saheeh Muslim]"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    What if they ask you about something specifically? It's something I've always contemplated
    Then you leg it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuhammadDarcy)
    I went their once and they were giving me dirty looks 😕
    :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

Like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuhammadDarcy)
    I went their once and they were giving me dirty looks 😕
    Really why? 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys what's the opinion on joining/creating different cultural societies in uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    JZK more clear now. I feel like I am just adding on lol....but.....say....what if they ask and then you don't want to tell, what is the best way to go about this islamically? So sorry guys for confusing you. Smh me, it is probs something so simple.

Gooood :awesome: BarakAllahu Feeki <3
    I am fine Alhamdulillah JZK.
    Sis what you choose to conceal and reveal during the meeting is ultimately your decision. I was speaking about this to a friend the other day, she said that her husband had requested to see her hair lol (surprisingly that's islamically permissible for him for him to see) prior to the nikkah, well she said no and that was that eventhough its halal. They got married anyway and alhamdulilah for then both. If you're super confused I would advise you to contact some knowledgeable individuals on this issue, or even talk to sisters who are married. If i was in that position, I'd ask the question back or divert the subject somehow lol. Or not speak all together and get my dad to respond..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Sis what you choose to conceal and reveal during the meeting is ultimately your decision. I was speaking about this to a friend the other day, she said that her husband had requested to see her hair lol (surprisingly that's islamically permissible for him for him to see) prior to the nikkah, well she said no and that was that eventhough its halal. They got married anyway and alhamdulilah for then both. If you're super confused I would advise you to contact some knowledgeable individuals on this issue, or even talk to sisters who are married. If i was in that position, I'd ask the question back or divert the subject somehow lol. Or not speak all together and get my dad to respond..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're allowed to show your hair before marriage if the guy wants to see it? I've never heard of that.
    Do you have a source please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Guys what's the opinion on joining/creating different cultural societies in uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean like a Pak Soc or something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Do you mean like a Pak Soc or something similar?
    Yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    I recommend that you go to most of your lectures. I skipped most of mine in first year and that in turn made me lazy as hell.
    what if you're not too lazy and you do all the work at home

ReputationRep:
    You're allowed to show your hair before marriage if the guy wants to see it? I've never heard of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure in shaa Allah I'll send them to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just looked on Islamqa and found this fatwa. it says its not permissible to see a womens hair but a man can look at a womens face and hands if it encourages him to marry her

https://islamqa.info/en/2572

ReputationRep:
    Sure in shaa Allah I'll send them to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok JZK.

(Original post by mkap)
    Just looked on Islamqa and found this fatwa. it says its not permissible to see a womens hair but a man can look at a womens face and hands if it encourages him to marry her

https://islamqa.info/en/2572
    That's what I was thinking too. Seems like the more correct opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Yep, that's why I shared it, it really helps sisters who have no self confidence + those with low self-esteem.
    and brothers as well!

some of us have low self-esteem and confidence issues

ReputationRep:
    Ok JZK.

That's what I was thinking too. Seems like the more correct opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah so I checked...and although the hadiths are there it basically depends on scholarly interpretations of those hadiths, and majority of scholars deem it incorrect. So i agree that's probably the accurate opinion, and Allah knows best.

So maybe we should go back to what you said and leg it😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Be like " I aint telling you jack mate"

Jokes.

I guess that is a difficult situation and ive never had that personally so I couldn't offer much advice.
    :lol: I would never be able to do that to my husband, it would have to be something really really annoying.

Alhamdulillah I don't see myself landing in that situation insha'Allah. But there is someone who asked me as they had this concern and I said he does not need to know but then what if it counts as a lie and is necessary for him to know? You know honesty and trust from start kinda thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Showing hair before marriage? 😮 tbh I admire the fact she did not like masha'Allah she sounds so pious. Most girls nowadays if they know they are getting married to that person and is confirmed then they would show.
    I am glad everything worked out for them Alhamdulillah.

ReputationRep:
    Then you leg it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :toofunny: you come up with the most awkward solutions.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is impermissible to show hairs to a person genuinely interested in marrying you. But shyness and hayaa wins it, to be honest its really really hard to find shy women these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Yep, that's why I shared it, it really helps sisters who have no self confidence + those with low self-esteem.
    I wish I was a pretty girl. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Chapter 66 – The fairness and the justice
    الإنصاف والعدل

The Messenger of Allah s.a.w said:‘Three characteristics, the one who has these in him, or even one of these, he would be in the Shade of the Throne of Allah (azwj)j on the Day when nothing will have the Shade (protection from the heat) –

One does not prevent another man from a forward position or move backward except after knowing that his own moving forward is what Allah (azwj)Wants

A Muslim does not blame his Muslim brethren for a shortcoming until he removes such shortcoming from his own self; as soon one removes one defect from his soul another shortcoming and defect (becomes) known to him.

To occupied with correcting one’s own self is a full time occupation (to correct himself rather than finding faults with others)’.

عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد ، عن إسماعيل بن مهران ، عن عثمان بن جبلة ، عن أبي جعفر عليه*السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى*الله*عليه*وآل ثلاث خصال من كن فيه أو واحدة منهن كان في ظل عرش الله يوم لا ظل إلا ظله رجل أعطى الناسمن نفسه ما هو سائلهم ورجل لم يقدم رجلا ولم يؤخر رجلا حتى يعلم أن ذلك لله رضا ورجل لم يعب أخاه المسلم بعيب حتى ينفي ذلك العيب عن نفسه فإنه لا ينفي منها عيبا إلا بدا له عيب وكفى بالمرء شغلا بنفسه عن الناس

Kitab Al Kafi

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.