Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    Haha, after 2 bars it actually starts to taste good
    I only bought them for cooking though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    You ate all 5 200g bars of Sainsbury's Basic Chocolate?
    Scary!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    You ate all 5 200g bars of Sainsbury's Basic Chocolate?
    If we're talking their Value Dark Chocolate, I would happily eat at least a kilogram of it :yes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    If we're talking their Value Dark Chocolate, I would happily eat at least a kilogram of it :yes:
    The milk is also good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to say that I am now a final year medical student and have only one year and one exam between myself and membership of the greatest profession on earth.

Oh yeah!

ReputationRep:
    Hmphhh, my sister - who hasn't even finished high school - just went out wearing my uni hoodie without my permission...it reeks of show-off in heree! >.>

Edit:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    I'm glad to say that I am now a final year medical student and have only one year and one exam between myself and membership of the greatest profession on earth.

Oh yeah!
    Well done! Feels good doesn't it? One year and three exams for me...two of them next week and the last one the week after. Scary!

ReputationRep:
    Forget everything on my personal statement... *this* is why I want to be a doctor. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    Forget everything on my personal statement... *this* is why I want to be a doctor. :cool:
    Patients are advised not to vomit on the corridors... <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skwee)
    Hmphhh, my sister - who hasn't even finished high school - just went out wearing my uni hoodie without my permission...it reeks of show-off in heree! >.>
    My little sister managed to get herself a BL mixed hockey top...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    My little sister managed to get herself a BL mixed hockey top...
    Silly little sisters...

%&$#"!"#$%&%$# Paediatrics II exam tomorrow, do not waaant. >.>

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bucs.org.uk/page.asp?sect...A7ionTitle=AGM

Appendix 2 Further information point 2. Means med schools affiliated with any uni cannot field their own team a bucs, have to merge with the uni's team. I know many people who are not very happy at all with this. I am not impressed either.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    http://www.bucs.org.uk/page.asp?sect...A7ionTitle=AGM

Appendix 2 Further information point 2. Means med schools affiliated with any uni cannot field their own team a bucs, have to merge with the uni's team. I know many people who are not very happy at all with this. I am not impressed either.
    That doesn't affect Peninsula or any medical school who has complete autonomy from their parent universities.

Our Sports teams are jointly set up under PCMD's Student Parliament and one of the parent universities.

So we can go on doing whatever we want.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't affect Peninsula or any medical school who has complete autonomy from their parent universities.

Our Sports teams are jointly set up under PCMD's Student Parliament and one of the parent universities.

So we can go on doing whatever we want.
    Many don't though, and that is a problem.

Are you sure, I don't know peninsulas case too well as I am not there. But I think it affects us certainly, why are SU has emailed us all about it. But then ICSMSU is going to have funding issues from next year on so I don't what we are doing wrt that...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Many don't though, and that is a problem.

Are you sure, I don't know peninsulas case too well as I am not there. But I think it affects us certainly, why are SU has emailed us all about it. But then ICSMSU is going to have funding issues from next year on so I don't what we are doing wrt that...
    Worst case scenario the Medic sports teams can be set up under MedSoc surely?

ReputationRep:
    All the amendment mean is not being able to compete in BUCS events as a separate team, but that isn't something I want to see happen.

ReputationRep:
    All the amendment mean is not being able to compete in BUCS events as a separate team, but that isn't something I want to see happen.
    Surely the issue is funding.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    The individual medical schools societies funds should be able to offer some funding, and medsoc could raise the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Currently ours are funded by ICSMSU anyway as far as I know. Our SU is still currently separate. But money is going to become tighter very soon as one of the funds is stopping money over the next 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    Currently ours are funded by ICSMSU anyway as far as I know. Our SU is still currently separate. But money is going to become tighter very soon as one of the funds is stopping money over the next 5 years.
    Do they not get a grant (possibly through ICSU) from BUCS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Do they not get a grant (possibly through ICSU) from BUCS?
    I don't think you get money from BUCS, on the contrary I think you have to pay affiliation fees. But I must admit I don't know as my own sport isn't part of BUCS so I don't deal with it. The fund that is going currently pays for the Presidents salary, so they will have to either make cuts elsewhere, find more money or stop it being a Sab position...

2. Some further anomalies remain – BUCS is aware that some HEI’s currently permit some schools or departments within HEI’s to compete as individual members despite actually being a formally recognised part of the University (This applies mostly to former medical schools). BUCS will work with those institutions affected by this to remove this anomaly in the coming year with a view to all such arrangements ceasing from 2012. Any institutions which wish to make this change immediately are welcome to do so.
    As I read that if you are part of the uni, regardless of where you get your funding the uni will only be allowed to field 1 team.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.