The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mary562
I like the idea of the banner - seems I'm quite late
I don't actually know what this is all about

Just something we can all put into our sigs which will link to the ISOC. :smile:
Original post by Tawheed
Sister mary, Peace be with you,

Sorry i did not reply before. My advise to you with regards to dealing with those who say hurtful things is the following:

We know there are users here who do not regard Islam to be the word of God. They regard all religions to be ridiculous, and attack us more because we are more adherent and less conformist in the sense we can throw out scripture. They have in general a good knowledge of Islam, but not a good understanding of it. Essentially, some of them are pretty much convinced they follow the truth, they are doing the right thing, and that Islam is man made and a parasite and therefore will ridicule it.

I read the hurtful comments they made at you, encouraging you to go clubbing and do harram acts. Even if you ridicule religion, no-one has a right to say something so insensitive, purposefully. I welcome any criticism of Islam, welcome their right to debate it, criticize it, have opinions on it but not but not hate speech i.e telling a muslim woman to go and fornicate.

Some of the users i must note, and not all. Many of them just see a rational irregularity with Islam, and have the right to debate on that. Some, purely use hateful provocative language.

Let your pain convert to what i have already seen you do - reflect on the Quran, on the universe, and gain knowledge. Continue doing this.

Ahmad Deedat you know, was hackled and mocked by missionaries so much, he promised himself he would rely to every single attack they had using rationality, wisdom, logic and truth.

The Quran gives us advise on how to deal with such people:

QURAN: "And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace"

Don't let it get to you.

PRSOM. MashaAllah great advice. :yy:
Original post by Tawheed
Sister mary, Peace be with you,

Sorry i did not reply before. My advise to you with regards to dealing with those who say hurtful things is the following:

We know there are users here who do not regard Islam to be the word of God. They regard all religions to be ridiculous, and attack us more because we are more adherent and less conformist in the sense we can throw out scripture. They have in general a good knowledge of Islam, but not a good understanding of it. Essentially, some of them are pretty much convinced they follow the truth, they are doing the right thing, and that Islam is man made and a parasite and therefore will ridicule it.

I read the hurtful comments they made at you, encouraging you to go clubbing and do harram acts. Even if you ridicule religion, no-one has a right to say something so insensitive, purposefully. I welcome any criticism of Islam, welcome their right to debate it, criticize it, have opinions on it but not but not hate speech i.e telling a muslim woman to go and fornicate.

Let your pain convert to what i have already seen you do - reflect on the Quran, on the universe, and gain knowledge. Continue doing this.

Ahmad Deedat you know, was hackled and mocked by missionaries so much, he promised himself he would rely to every single attack they had using rationality, wisdom, logic and truth.

The Quran gives us advise on how to deal with such people:

QURAN: "And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace"

Don't let it get to you.

Peace be with you brother

Jazak Allahu Khayran - yes you're correct
May Allah reward you immensely for your effort towards these users

:smile:
Original post by Tennumbers
Just something we can all put into our sigs which will link to the ISOC. :smile:

You know when you means sigs - what exactly, sorry I don't know :redface:

How you been sis?
Original post by Mary562
You know when you means sigs - what exactly, sorry I don't know :redface:

How you been sis?

Sigs are signatures. So you go onto Customise my TSR > Change my signature. Then you can add it into there when we decide on one pic so we all have the same. Hope that makes sense.

Alhumdulillah I've not been too bad. How about you? :smile:
Original post by Tennumbers
Sigs are signatures. So you go onto Customise my TSR > Change my signature. Then you can add it into there when we decide on one pic so we all have the same. Hope that makes sense.

Alhumdulillah I've not been too bad. How about you? :smile:

Ah I see, I get it. Thank you for explaining

Alhamdulillah okay :smile:
Reply 5227
Original post by interact
JazakAllah Khair for this Tpos :smile:

Brilliant, he outlines some very important points and makes some excellent comments on the Persian, Abbasid and Ottoman empires.

I've just listened to it and it was quite interesting however unless I missed it he didn't cover what "the right hand" means in the ayah. I would've liked that to be discussed in more detail and then for that to form the basis of the rest of the talk.
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
They're all very good. I think someone should set up a poll so we can do shura on it lol

Lets ask ahl al hal wal aqd.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Lets ask ahl al hal wal aqd.

Skip that. I'll give you bayah and you can decide.
Original post by Tpos
I've just listened to it and it was quite interesting however unless I missed it he didn't cover what "the right hand" means in the ayah. I would've liked that to be discussed in more detail and then for that to form the basis of the rest of the talk.

Have you seen Muhammad Asad's commentary of this? He kind of outlines everything there is to say about this.
Reply 5232
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Have you seen Muhammad Asad's commentary of this? He kind of outlines everything there is to say about this.

No I haven't. Is it in english? link?
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Brothers and sisters, without going into too much detail, there a few things in my life that i'm worried about and I just wanted to ask all of you to remember me in your prayers.
Original post by Tpos
No I haven't. Is it in english? link?

You can read his commentary here. It explains the difference of opinion between the Sahabah. You have to look at all of the footnotes on each verse but here are two:

Spoiler

Original post by daisychain_

Brothers and sisters, without going into too much detail, there a few things in my life that i'm worried about and I just wanted to ask all of you to remember me in your prayers.

Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I will sister. You may be going through a test so have patience :yes:

Remember with hardship comes ease. May allah make things easy for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by daisychain_

Waalaykum Assalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

I will be praying for you sister. May Allah make everything easy for you. :smile:
Original post by abdul muttalib
Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I will sister. You may be going through a test so have patience :yes:

Remember with hardship comes ease. May allah make things easy for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by The_K1NG
Waalaykum Assalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

I will be praying for you sister. May Allah make everything easy for you. :smile:

JazakAllahu Khairan to the both of you. I pray that Allah (swt) grants you whatever your heart desires and all that is best for you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Also can I please join in on the I-Soc sig thing? :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending