The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How do I join this society?
It seems that the people who you trusted the most are the ones who will backstab you.
Reply 5542
Comm Tiger
It seems that the people who you trusted the most are the ones who will backstab you.

story of my lifeee!

I'm too lazy to work, this is MAD.
feel so awfully anxious. just waiting to get on this damn plane. parents don't seem to be talking to me. guess i'll have to grin and bear my goddamn isolation. 11 more days of this hell, then i can actually live a life again.

what's all you people's plans for the big night ahead? since i'm stuck over here with noone to see and nowhere to go, anyone else here joining me for a new year's internet pissup?
Comm Tiger
in what way?
Pocket Calculator
since i'm stuck over here with noone to see and nowhere to go, anyone else here joining me for a new year's internet pissup?

I will.....:frown:
I'm going out, but my mood's dropping and there's snow on the ground. Yay?
yeah internet piss up for me

haven't started drinking yet though...should get on it. No point starting the new year without some substance abuse.
Reply 5547
i'll be doing dissertation reading.

does anyone else hate people who're too nice? I mean it's human nature to bitch/grumble etc and there's someone I know who's contantly sickly nice to everyone and it's creepy. I feel like a bad person for hating someone who's so 'good'.
Reply 5548
I have had some alcohol but not much. I'm very careful about the people I make friends with, these days. I don't hate people who are too nice but I know what you mean. It's normal to get pissed off/angry.
ahh you are on TSR!
Reply 5550
she totally creeps me out. plus all her niceness makes her incredibly dull...god i feel like a bitchhh.
yeah people can be too nice, I totally get what you mean
I think sometimes people put way too much emphasis on being "nice" which makes them popular, and hey.....it would appear that life is just a popularity contest anyway!!! I mean its the popular people who succeed in life 99% of the time regardless of ability etc.

So yeah, I know what you mean. There is nothing more refreshing that someone who say what they truly feel, even if it is negative.

So I guess its good to not be extreme either way. I know people who do nothing but put others down, criticize and bitch and that isnt good either.

I'm drawing tonight...its actually quite therapeutic in a way, although a bit random for NYE!
Reply 5553
Yup, I'm here! We had a nice family meal tonight... I wanted to spend it with my mum, all things considered. Drinking Bulmers Pear cider at the mo. How is everyone?

I think I used to try a bit too hard. I'm still a nice person, but I'm not afraid to say what I think as much.
I feel like I'm coming to a crossroads with my mental health and I don't quite know which way to go.

I've been ordering books about borderline personality disoder (one has arrived which I've started reading today) because I've suspected for a while that it covers a lot of the things I experience. I've considered bringing it up with GPs but have been worried about it getting on my notes and stuff.

No GP has managed to conntect the dots so far as I've been between doctors over the last few years (and various psychologists/counsellors/psychiatrists) because of being back and forth from uni. Plus, depending on what meds I want ill leave things out. I know that no one GP has yet had access to all my notes in one go so they don't have the full picture. Plus some stuff never comes up like it does in therapy (substance abuse, getting arrested etc.).

Basically, this means it's up to me to go to a GP and say 'I think I have borderline, I need a referal'... and I'm not sure I want to start that particular ball rolling. But then I wonder whether, if you don't, in another 6 months I'll be addicted to something and back in a holding cell.
Laus

I think I used to try a bit to hard. I'm still a nice person, but I'm not afraid to say what I think as much.

I've noticed that change and I'm glad. I think you've struck a good balance, and I think it makes you less paranoid about your thoughts and opinions. You certainly seem more confident in your depsoc posts than you used to.
Reply 5556
It's a difficult one, vsm. I'm really not sure what you should do. If you're sure that you have BPD then I do think you ought to talk about it with a professional (who knows about the condition they are dealing with). I think the Camb incident was a one-off. Though, obviously, I don't know you as much as you know yourself! If you think you're in danger of doing something drastic and of putting your work/career/life in jeopardy, then you should get help to deal with your problems specifically.
borderline personality disorder eh? well, if a wikipedia self-diagnosis is anything to go by, you can add my name to the list.

hope we're all ok in here. i feel really nauseous, half-awake. considering sinking a few cans and just going to sleep. not even 5pm over here. not really in the mood and certainly not in the right mindset to speak to my parents tonight, they've seemed a bit hostile today. screw new year. yaarrrrrr.
Reply 5558
vapid slut magician
I've noticed that change and I'm glad. I think you've struck a good balance, and I think it makes you less paranoid about your thoughts and opinions. You certainly seem more confident in your depsoc posts than you used to.

Yeah. I used to get really worried, upset and paranoid, even on TSR :s-smilie:. I think the time I spent on my own and the (short) time I have been at uni has helped. If someone upsets me, I don't dwell on it as much. Though I have been re-playing stuff over in my mind (mainly stuff I regret doing/saying or something someone has said that upset me). The night I hurt myself was after a mini-argument about life being what you make it. The girl I was talking to didn't seem to understand that it's not as easy for some to live, if that makes sense. Since then, though, I'm trying to deal with things differently. Though I still fail catastrophically from time to time
Reply 5559
I have noticed that change too, Laus. I think it's natural and human to display a full range of emotions and it brings out your personality which is only a good thing. I've tried to be someone other than myself in the past and it's cringeworthy looking back.

Latest