The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erudite
1/4 sorted - the hosp woman is sending me 3 copies in the post :biggrin: :biggrin: what a star!!

two of them i did through school so wondering if i can get school to help me with that, and the other is a GP surgery which should be simple enough, although that was ages ago1

btw do we only need letters for the experiences mentions on the PS? or do we need 4 (no more no less)?
Original post by erudite
They said they didn't apply to IGCSE, so thankfully I don't need to send in my certificates.. but I am a UK applicant, so it might be different for you!

lol this isn't clear man can you rephrase..... i don't get the first statement you made thanks. Do they need IGCSE certificates?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Paras Agarwal
lol this isn't clear man can you rephrase..... i don't get the first statement you made thanks. Do they need IGCSE certificates?

they meant that IGCSE doesn't apply as an international qualification but this may differ depending on where you are applying from in terms of country
Original post by blissfully
they meant that IGCSE doesn't apply as an international qualification but this may differ depending on where you are applying from in terms of country

right and what about international Advanced subsidiary? do you know?
Original post by erudite
1/4 sorted - the hosp woman is sending me 3 copies in the post :biggrin: :biggrin: what a star!!

two of them i did through school so wondering if i can get school to help me with that, and the other is a GP surgery which should be simple enough, although that was ages ago1

Nice that you got some done already.

I've got 3/5 of my letters
2 from hospitals, 1 from the care home I volunteered at.

1 letter I hope to come soon. The last one is going to be a real struggle for me as the person who organised it no longer works at the hospital. 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paras Agarwal
we don't need them now do we? thats needed before interviews i think.

Yeah they are needed for interview, and so don't need them yet, but I'm just getting them now so it's not a last minute hassle later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I think you will meet the cut off this year don't worry :smile:

Quick question, how do sgul rank applicants after interview?? I heard it was personal statement but can't remember if that's true

Posted from TSR Mobile

They only rank those on the post interview waiting list according their ukcat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 567
Original post by Joannywhite
They only rank those on the post interview waiting list according their ukcat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean? they use UKCAT before interview right?
Original post by 254
what do you mean? they use UKCAT before interview right?

Yeah they do have a cut off before the interview but those on the post interview waiting list will be ranked according to their ukcat scores and interview scores.
Yeah they do have a cut off before the interview but those on the post interview waiting list will be ranked according to their ukcat scores and interview scores.

So they don't really use the personal statement??

Posted from TSR Mobile
So they don't really use the personal statement??

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do use it to find out a bit more about you when you are invited for an interview. But that's about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, I didn't know that, that's good. I thought it was all interview-based after interview, not that UKCAT scores were taken into account as well.
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Oh wow, I didn't know that, that's good. I thought it was all interview-based after interview, not that UKCAT scores were taken into account as well.

No ur interview score is all that matters to get an offer after interview. But if ur score is only high enough to be put on the waiting list, you will be ranked according to ur ukcat score with other waiting listers.Sorry if im making this even more complicated :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
No ur interview score is all that matters to get an offer after interview. But if ur score is only high enough to be put on the waiting list, you will be ranked according to ur ukcat score with other waiting listers.Sorry if im making this even more complicated :tongue:

I thought that everyone that they like gets ranked according to UKCAT after the interview.
Original post by beansontoast92
btw do we only need letters for the experiences mentions on the PS? or do we need 4 (no more no less)?

I wrote about all of mine - GP surgery, care home, nursery and hospital! But if some of them aren't relevant for you then there's no point in getting letters for them, I'd get them anyway though just in case they prove useful/make you stand out more!
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I thought that everyone that they like gets ranked according to UKCAT after the interview.

Nope.
If u get at least a certain interview score u get an offer. I don't know what that score is.
Do we know how many applicants sgul has this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we know how many applicants sgul has this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 1300!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Considering liverpool has 4000 that's good right? :biggrin:

Sorry I can't remember if these statistics were posted earlier but how many interviews are given out/how many places??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's not too bad (I think) how many people will they interview? Where did you get that figure from :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending