The Student Room Group

What are you like during Exam season/period?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by booksnob
Did it affect your grades?

I know quite a few people who had the same attitude and came away with really good grades. It's maddening :l

Definitely effected my grades sadly. Thank god for re-sits. The one exam that I actually tried to revise for I ended up doing worst in though for some reason.

I don't know why I act like this though... I just always have. If I look really far back into my childhood I guess one reason could be the fact that if there was an upcoming exam or test, my teachers wouldn't tell me about it, because i'd start to panic and get upset... So I never have revised. Can't really think of any other reason than this.

I know some people who could easily get full marks in exams with minimal effort, but they put crazy amount of effort in anyway.
I get depressed and very tense
Cant think about anything else, find no joy and get very stressed out
My friends actually avoid me during exam time!
I also gain weight because of all the sweets I eat to "try" and make me feel better
Reply 42
gtfo with your exams.
During exams I constantly go through this cycle:

1)Procrastinate
2)Feel guilty
3)An hours work

Rinse and repeat ^.^
Reply 44
Dear exam boards,
Every 5 minutes 2 in 4 students jump off a cliff. Only you can stop this cycle of death by refraining from using irrelevant questions in exam papers and by following text book information provided and approved by your side.
Indirect child abuse MUST BE STOPPED. Only you have the power to return the smiles to your candidates' faces :biggrin:

Please show your support by dialing +00 000 000.

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 45
I remain confident and cool at all times.
A caged rapist.Seriously my only solace is winding up the people I hate with my infinate wit insensitivity and depravity.
Reply 47

I panic/ am very stressy and moody leading up to and during the first two or three exams, with manic cramming sessions when I can fit them in.

And then I burn out and fall into a blissful state of not caring whatsoever and procrastinate the whole time.
Seems to work.
It depends how close to the exam I am. A couple of days before I am really tense, and will sit there all motivated learning. Then the day before the exam and start procrastinating and have the opinion that I'll pass without problems, then an hour or 2 before the exam I start getting queasy and nervous :woo:
Reply 49
really stressed out and moody or procrastination and being stupidly confident

atm, im the stressed out half of me. i have a psych mock in like 2 hours and i came on here in my five minutes break from the five hour emergency revision session.

at GCSEs i had a physics exam on my 16th birthday, which pissed me off so much so even my family knew not to talk to me in the morning.

well, i'd best be off or i will fail epicly, and my psych teacher is putting our results up on the notice board for everyone to see. oh lord help me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending