The Student Room Group

How do I put in 100% effort?

I really really want to do well in my exams this year. I do well enough (basically average) , but usually I feel like I’ve gotten somewhat lucky, because i had seen the question in the past or right before the exam my friend told me some random info. I want to do well for real for once, not relying on my friends, I want my parents to actually think I’ve achieved something on my own. I have exams (real ones not mocks) next year, and I want to put in 100% effort, but I’ve literally never done that. I’m definitely lazy, I definitely procrastinate, and I’ve just never actually tried really really hard to do well in exams. I’ve revised, but I don’t think I put in real effort ever, because I would mostly just rewrite stuff and listen to music. I’m not smart or gifted, but I want to really put in effort for once. I only have a year, How do I do this?
Original post by Anonymous
I really really want to do well in my exams this year. I do well enough (basically average) , but usually I feel like I’ve gotten somewhat lucky, because i had seen the question in the past or right before the exam my friend told me some random info. I want to do well for real for once, not relying on my friends, I want my parents to actually think I’ve achieved something on my own. I have exams (real ones not mocks) next year, and I want to put in 100% effort, but I’ve literally never done that. I’m definitely lazy, I definitely procrastinate, and I’ve just never actually tried really really hard to do well in exams. I’ve revised, but I don’t think I put in real effort ever, because I would mostly just rewrite stuff and listen to music. I’m not smart or gifted, but I want to really put in effort for once. I only have a year, How do I do this?

Hello, dear friend. You have no right to tell yourself that I am not smart or dumb. Maybe your talent is in music, but if you want to study well, you must be interested in studying, that is, don't read the book just for the exam.Study in order to study with the mentality of changing the society
Original post by Anonymous

Omg ur exactly like me! I’m literally like that but I’m slowly becoming better I believe. You just need to start doing it for ur self tbh at the end of the day it’s up to u and u only. So my advice is start studying now so u don’t need to do much during exam season. Just do 45 mins per day or more if u want but deffo take breaks. Real effort is just putting slight more effort in. There are hundreds of resources online and book etc. you’ll be fine tho dw. So yeah in conclusion just do what works for u and I would say maybe scare yourself a little 😭😭 u don’t wanna be broke or homeless in the future so just put work in now. The worst fear is regretting everything when ur oolder and thinking that you could have tried harder. good luck g 🫶🏼
Reply 3
Get in to a rhythm of diligent study, interspersed with short breaks and longer periods for reward and relaxation. Keep the goal in mind and think short term pain for long term satisfaction. Find a motivating place as your study location, a room you like or a good library. It’s not easy to defeat procrastination but once you get in to a routine it is possible 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending