The Student Room Group

How difficult are these A levels? (Biology, Chemistry and Sociology)

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty worried about picking chemistry after reading this thread lool
Original post by ammara-123
I'm pretty worried about picking chemistry after reading this thread lool

BAHAHAH samee omgg!!!
Don't worry too much, because as soon as you grasp the main concepts, the idea will keep repeating throughout topics :smile: pay attention in class and you should be able to do well!
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Don't worry too much, because as soon as you grasp the main concepts, the idea will keep repeating throughout topics :smile: pay attention in class and you should be able to do well!

Thanks for your unlimited help once again Anna, really appreciate it!! :smile:
No worries, like I said, anything can be done if you work for it, it's not impossible. I believe that the approach you develop towards things will determine your success, if you think you can do it, hell yeah you can! So I'd always recommend to stay positive, rather than get scared/stressed/demotivated before even starting :smile:
Original post by AnnaRainbows
No worries, like I said, anything can be done if you work for it, it's not impossible. I believe that the approach you develop towards things will determine your success, if you think you can do it, hell yeah you can! So I'd always recommend to stay positive, rather than get scared/stressed/demotivated before even starting :smile:

Just become a motivational speaker Anna hahah!! :*
Thanks once again!!!x
I do these three exact a levels, and the majority of my time goes towards biology (because I find it so much harder than chemistry, this may vary for you) and chemistry. Sociology is much easier than bio and chem, especially if you're good at retaining information. I got 9 in bio and chem, and didn't do sociology at GCSE either, and I'm currently averaging AAA/AAB so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Original post by Qasim Abbassi
Hello everyone! my question is how hard are these A levels? I'll give you some background information.

For core and additional biology i got both A's.
For core chemistry i got A and for additional chemistry i got A*.
I didn't do sociology at GCSE, but if you want to do it at A level you need a C in English Language, which i got an A* in.

Please tell me truthfully how hard these A level subjects are, thanks!! P.S i did these GCSE subjects with the exam board AQA, and will also be doing these A levels with AQA!

Thanks again guys!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest