Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When they say a letter will be posted on the 9th, does that mean they will seal an envelope and go to the post office on the 9th or that we'll receive a letter on the 9th? If the latter is true, i'm skipping school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHopefulIdiot)
    When they say a letter will be posted on the 9th, does that mean they will seal an envelope and go to the post office on the 9th or that we'll receive a letter on the 9th? If the latter is true, i'm skipping school.
    9th is the posting date, which means that's when they seal envelopes. And I'm pretty sure all colleges send emails on the 10th for international applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master219)
    Depends on college, some colleges send letter only and some send email and letter (like trinity send email on 10th to all applicants). Some colleges say that if u dont receive ur letter by the 12th u can contact them and they will send u a copy of the letter by email.
    Thank you does anyone know if St John's will send emails? Waiting until the 12th for my letter feels like a torturous wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elishaclark2)
    Thank you does anyone know if St John's will send emails? Waiting until the 12th for my letter feels like a torturous wait
    np

Im sure u wont have to wait till the 12th... cuz u should get ur letter on the 10/11 tbh.
    Not sure actually, u can drop them an email, tho id wait till monday to send an email (if u havnt found out by then) cuz theyll b open then so theyll reply pretty quick.

Gd luck with ur application anyways!!

ReputationRep:
    St John's only sends out e-mails to international applicants if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, you can only request an e-mail after 4 working days past the 9th, so that's the Thursday the 15th the earliest. The 12th and the 13th is probably when the majority will receive their letters as I doubt Cambridge will post such large volume of letters first class (so the 10th will be very unlikely).

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodka)
    St John's only sends out e-mails to international applicants if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, you can only request an e-mail after 4 working days past the 9th, so that's the Thursday the 15th the earliest. The 12th and the 13th is probably when the majority will receive their letters as I doubt Cambridge will post such large volume of letters first class (so the 10th will be very unlikely).

Good luck
    I sent my college an email to ask and they said that they will only send out an email of a copy of the letter if u havnt received the letter by the 12th. That indicates to me that most ppl would hav received it by 12 laaatest.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my college an email to ask and they said that they will only send out an email of a copy of the letter if u havnt received the letter by the 12th. That indicates to me that most ppl would hav received it by 12 laaatest.
    It differs from college to college, St John's stated in their extranet applicant's site:

Please allow at least 4 working days after this date for your letter to arrive, if it hasn't arrived after this time please email the Admissions Team ([email protected]) and ask them to email your letter, we cannot email letters until the 4 working days have passed.
    But still I do hope I receive mine on the Saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodka)

Good luck

np

Im sure u wont have to wait till the 12th... cuz u should get ur letter on the 10/11 tbh.
    Not sure actually, u can drop them an email, tho id wait till monday to send an email (if u havnt found out by then) cuz theyll b open then so theyll reply pretty quick.

Gd luck with ur application anyways!!

Thank you both for the help Good luck with your applications, hopefully we'll all be back here on the thread in a week with offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodka)
    It differs from college to college, St John's stated in their extranet applicant's site:

But still I do hope I receive mine on the Saturday
    I see. Well gd luck anyways!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both for the help Good luck with your applications, hopefully we'll all be back here on the thread in a week with offers!
    Np
    thanks, u too!! thatll b amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHopefulIdiot)
    I had one on the 10th
    How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Np
    thanks, u too!! thatll b amazing!

To which units have u applied? bcs everywhere i go i see you.. cambridge,imperial and barts.. which ones have replied to u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvT1)
    To which units have u applied? bcs everywhere i go i see you.. cambridge,imperial and barts.. which ones have replied to u?
    Haha, i applied to Cambridge, imperial kings and barts (for med obviously).
    Only Cambridge (did interview) and imperial (got interview later on), barts and kings havnt yet but they were on holiday i believe so im not so fussed tbh.
    Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, i applied to Cambridge, imperial kings and barts (for med obviously).
    Only Cambridge (did interview) and imperial (got interview later on), barts and kings havnt yet but they were on holiday i believe so im not so fussed tbh.
    Wbu?
    Well, i applied to cambridge (did interview although not hopeful) imperial (i have the interview on the 27th), barts is ignoring me and dundee (scotland) i did the interview..
    you are a london person i see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvT1)
    Well, i applied to cambridge (did interview although not hopeful) imperial (i have the interview on the 27th), barts is ignoring me and dundee (scotland) i did the interview..
    Basically the same options as me (And the same thoughts...), had cam interview, got imperial on the 21st and had a bristol one last year. Barts told me I had an interview last year but still have yet to give me a date ? (698 UKCAT for reference). Good luck for Cam especially btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvT1)
    Yh same with cam tbh, made stupid mistakes. got slaughtered.
    when i was booking my imperial interview they went sooo quickly (i had to wait b4 i could book as i needed to find out when i had no assessments, mainly the ISA's in sciences) so the earliest one then was 3rd march!! (which i booked btw).

yh barts is annoying but when i emailed them they did say most candidates will receive their decision after new yr so i guess theyre back in action now. How was the dundee interview? standard?

haha yh, my home is in london so id much rather stay, unless its somewhere exceptional worth moving for (i.e. cam)...

ur all over the place lol, scotland, london, cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellipsis...)
    How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea. Thought it was alright, but this is cambridge so really can't tell. Some of the questions were obvious but I sort of overcomplicated them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Top_Hat)
    Basically the same options as me (And the same thoughts...), had cam interview, got imperial on the 21st and had a bristol one last year. Barts told me I had an interview last year but still have yet to give me a date ? (698 UKCAT for reference). Good luck for Cam especially btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My ukcat is 687.5.. i have a lot of tarrif.. above 800.. but they didn't say anything.. i still hope though that they will tell me something in the next few days.. for cambridge i am not hoping though bcs i have ums 94 my gmat is awful 4.9, 5.4 and 3.5A and i can't say my interview was impressive.. :/

but i do wish you will do well!! )

ReputationRep:
    Yh same with cam tbh, made stupid mistakes. got slaughtered.
    when i was booking my imperial interview they went sooo quickly (i had to wait b4 i could book as i needed to find out when i had no assessments, mainly the ISA's in sciences) so the earliest one then was 3rd march!! (which i booked btw).

yh barts is annoying but when i emailed them they did say most candidates will receive their decision after new yr so i guess theyre back in action now. How was the dundee interview? standard?

haha yh, my home is in london so id much rather stay, unless its somewhere exceptional worth moving for (i.e. cam)...

ur all over the place lol, scotland, london, cambridge...
    I was a bit scared of waiting just in case places run out.. but your is beginning so it should be fine.. yeah i am from cyprus so it i am moving away from home anyhow so it doesn't matter how much.. although if i am lucky enough to get into cam or imperial i'll be solo soooo soooo happy..!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvT1)
    I was a bit scared of waiting just in case places run out.. but your is beginning so it should be fine.. yeah i am from cyprus so it i am moving away from home anyhow so it doesn't matter how much.. although if i am lucky enough to get into cam or imperial i'll be solo soooo soooo happy..!!
    Haha, im sure ull be fine, dont worry! yeh i see why u dont mind haha. same!!!!!!! ive wanted to go cam to be honest since like gcse days and before so... but i highly doubt it since my average ums was only 92.3% and bmat wasnt good (4.6 5.4 3A) and neither was my interview... we'll soon find out!!

Good luck though!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.