The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsfanatic1
Hey i'm a 2nd year mathematical physics student and i'm moving back into halls this year as I did enjoy the luxury off no cooking, being only 2 min away from lecture halls etc. i'm not really a drinker myself, I do like the occasional cider but not really into the clubbing and getting smashed scene. i'm in Hugh stewart hall. are u in halls? If so which one? :smile:

Very nice! I'm in self catered accommodation, BGP to be exact :biggrin:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Very nice! I'm in self catered accommodation, BGP to be exact :biggrin:

Hey! Also self-catered at BGP here :biggrin: Which block?
Original post by AlesanaWill
Hey! Also self-catered at BGP here :biggrin: Which block?

Awesome! I'm Beeches 48, how about you? :biggrin:
Awesome! I'm Beeches 48, how about you? :biggrin:

Mulberries 2 here :smile: What are you studying? Guessing it's Maths from the username?
Mulberries 2 here :smile: What are you studying? Guessing it's Maths from the username?

Very nice and you guessed right :biggrin: How about you? :smile:
Very nice and you guessed right :biggrin: How about you? :smile:

Physics so not too much different. :smile: Are you planning on going to many of the "club" freshers events? I was thinking of doing a few but also planning on going to the Star Trek screening. :biggrin:
Physics so not too much different. :smile: Are you planning on going to many of the "club" freshers events? I was thinking of doing a few but also planning on going to the Star Trek screening. :biggrin:

Very nice! And I'm not sure, they all seem interesting but I think I want to see one of the movie screenings and the comedy night too, not too sure if I'll go to the finale either
Very nice! And I'm not sure, they all seem interesting but I think I want to see one of the movie screenings and the comedy night too, not too sure if I'll go to the finale either

I've booked the finale, even though I wasn't totally sure about it. Thought I might as well go for it for a change. Also would quite like to go Alton Towers if I'm not too shattered.
I've booked the finale, even though I wasn't totally sure about it. Thought I might as well go for it for a change. Also would quite like to go Alton Towers if I'm not too shattered.

My concern with the finale is that I'll have a lecture at 9am the Monday morning so I'll be beyond dead if I do go to it :redface:
My concern with the finale is that I'll have a lecture at 9am the Monday morning so I'll be beyond dead if I do go to it :redface:

I think I have a 9am lecture too D: Just going to have to power through it :P
I think I have a 9am lecture too D: Just going to have to power through it :P

Yeah it'll be a long morning for us :tongue:
Reply 671
Not being able to drink in freshers week is actually worrying me as to what to do, for the past year i have been looking forward to the occasion. however due to illness i am unable to drink and worry that it will be harder to meet people due to not having the additional confidence that alcohol gives, i feel that i dont really want to go to parties if i cannot drink but i feel i have to in order to meet people. what should i do and what is a good way to settle down in uni alcohol free?
Original post by truecolours995
I don't drink much either (i'm only 4"10!). I'm in James and doing English Lit - going to buy one for the comedy night but don't think i'll get on for the bar crawl - prefer a night in with films and a good laugh :smile:

I'm exactly the same height as you!! :O ok, thanks :smile: Still wondering about live and loud.
Reply 673
Original post by GingerShortcake
That was my insurance!! I was going to geog but I'm going to York instead!

I am doing Geog at Exeter so we would have been in the same lectures lol. Oh Well have a good time in York :smile:
Original post by MrCake001
I am doing Geog at Exeter so we would have been in the same lectures lol. Oh Well have a good time in York :smile:

Awww, would have been such a coincidence! Cheers, have a great time too :smile: :biggrin:
Well due to unexpected events, I'm now a non-drinking second year during freshers this year :awesome: :tongue:
Anyone here from Exeter? I don't drink much (ok, pretty much at all...unless its weak), and I'm a bit worried. Just a bit. Not too much...
Reply 677
Original post by popnit
Anyone at Huddersfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes. which course?
Original post by GingerShortcake
I'm exactly the same height as you!! :O ok, thanks :smile: Still wondering about live and loud.

Wow!! never met anyone as short as me (or compacted awesomeness as I like to think of it as!!) And the comedy night has sold out :frown: I'm wondering about Live and loud as well - it's hard to know because I don't know whether I'll know anyone by then or not.
Original post by truecolours995
Wow!! never met anyone as short as me (or compacted awesomeness as I like to think of it as!!) And the comedy night has sold out :frown: I'm wondering about Live and loud as well - it's hard to know because I don't know whether I'll know anyone by then or not.

Haha :smile:. I think I'm just going to buy live and loud when I get there if there are any left and I can see what others are doing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending