The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reasonable boundaries for the econ units for edexcel, though I was hoping for slightly more lenient ones for unit 3 but that's just because I bombed it, it wasn't that difficult an exam. Hopefully scraped the A.
Original post by bunny96
Morning! :smile: Yes OCR and AQA have released theirs :smile: I'm not sure about Edexcel
I know only OCR concerns you so here is the link:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf

Do you have the link for the AQA grade boundaries? I couldn't find it on google, thanks!:smile:
Reply 7402
Original post by Flowerii
It's a plot by the exam boards to make us deliriously tired, so when we're on the phone to admissions tutors we make absolute tits of ourselves and thus are forced into taking a gap year full of retakes.
More money for them :devil:

Haha tits. Edexcel GB page not loading..such tits :wink:
Original post by Hackett
what was the essay question? One on Inflation and ER sounds beaut.

Can't remember atm sorry
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Get the full marks of you paper, divide that by the full UMS, and the number you get is what you multiply your raw mark by.

Eg. Maths on edexcel is out of 75 marks and 100 UMS. So I do 75/100 = 1.3333

So if I think I got 62marks, I do 62 x 1.3333 = 82.6 UMS so 83 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is not correct, the boundaries are only linear from E to A and (separately) A to 100%.
I guess AQA Biol5 boundaries makes me feel a bit better...

*crys and eats ice cream*
Edexcel boundaries out :woo:

link again if anyone needs:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf
Yup! this definitely how i'm Going to be like when opening my Results tomorrow :erm:
0.jpg
Was foolishly hoping that the Core 3 grade boundaries would be lower. Pretty sure I'm just going to miss a B in maths by a few UMS. :eek:
Original post by Onkar-M
OCR :smile:.

I'm sorry I can't help you with that. I'm on AQA, which has a convertor. :smile:
AQA UMS converter is up for A2, may need to clear cache to make it work

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums
Original post by NinjaNerdfighter
70 + 118 + 42 = 230
This is rather approximate but I think that's how you do it

10 off an A...

:banghead::bawling:
The edexcel one just says service unavailable?
Original post by im so academic
Exactly, they're better educated and more intelligent.

How do you define intelligence?

Thanks they're decent :smile:
60/80 - 80 UMS
67/80 - 90 UMS
74/80 - 100 UMS for Unit 2 Economics.
Reply 7416
Are edexcel grade boundaries opening for you all? Mines loading for the past 10 min
Original post by AspiringGenius
I guess AQA Biol5 boundaries makes me feel a bit better...

*crys and eats ice cream*

A lot of this years Bio papers were different in an odd way, the Bio 4 was ridiculously easy but that Bio 5. :angry:
Reply 7418
Anyone else shocked about the OCR biology F212 grade boundaries? 69/100 for an A - that's like 83/100 for full UMS. Got a feeling the mark scheme wasn't lenient. :ashamed2:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
I got a U in january in core 3:colondollar:
lets hope they mark nicely! yea aqa business gcse! so weird, I did buss1 in january of year11 and got a B, so I resat in june and got a B againnn, only 1 mark higher!
so overall I only got a B at gcse, then an A at AS aha.
did you do business gcse?

C3 was really hard though! I thought I had a U coming my way as well haha.
Most of business AS is just a repeat of GCSE anyway, just with tougher exams so you probably improved your knowledge and that's why you did better :smile:
I did Business & Economics joint GCSE ~ Edexcel. Year 10 exam was multiple choice..so easy! But then the year 11 one was a nightmare..so tough

Latest