The Student Room Group

How can you tell if a guy is short from pictures?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinkberry_y
Do one thing for me: stop re-editing your post to basically tell me the exact same thing, and for the record I didn't even use the word "manlet", but yes I did say child and that was harsh. But I still stand by what I say, I refuse to go out with a short guy.

This over reaction I'm getting here is just a classic sign of people getting offended too easily these days. Get real people have types, every guy you ask will have a type including you. If me having a particular type and refusing to date a short guy makes me an material little girl, then so be it, at least I don't have an online hernia at someone asking a simple question on a forum

It's not so much your preference than your attitude. It's that you say it with such disregard.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Juedjegfewo
I'm glad this question came up because I had a similar question!

How can you tell if a girl is a fatty from pictures? I don't want a big ol' fatty Jabba The Hutt-esque blubbernaut

If a girl takes pictures using myspace angles, then there is a 90% chance that she is a land whale.
Reply 62
Original post by cbreef
COMPLETELY different. I mean COMPLETELY

Ok fine. Let me rephrase that to men don't want to date ugly women, women don't want to date midgets.

In other words, guess what - women can have a preference too.
Original post by Mrs House
It's a factor for a LOT of girls including me, sorry not sorry.

We don't want to date a manlet and you don't want to date a huge girl. Tit for tat

well they're clearly different...height is something you can't control
Original post by Allie4
Ok fine. Let me rephrase that to men don't want to date ugly women, women don't want to date midgets.

I can tell your personality is shite. You're probably a golddigger too lol
Pringle can for scale
Original post by Allie4

Sweeping generalisations are BAD!!!Nah, seriously, painting with large strokes may get the painting done quicker, but it will miss the finer details. People are more complex than just "she's ugly I don't like her", generally.
The thing is, most of these girls who have a checklist for their man (height, skin colour etc) have nothing to offer on the table except for their *****y personality. Trust me if you wife one of these 100% she'll take your money loool
Original post by Juedjegfewo
I'm glad this question came up because I had a similar question!

How can you tell if a girl is a fatty from pictures? I don't want a big ol' fatty Jabba The Hutt-esque blubbernaut

Probably can make a rough estimate based on how much body fat she is carrying on her face assuming its a selfie picture. You won't see majority of girls with a lean face and a heavy build no offence.

Then again there are factors like body fat distribution, genetics so who knows. :lol:
Original post by KINGYusuf
I can tell your personality is shite. You're probably a golddigger too lol

Great comeback when a girl says they have some standards and won't date any old thing
Great comeback when a girl says they have some standards and won't date any old thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shallow standards are still standards I guess :mmm:
I mean if it was a personality thing I would get it but not liking a guy cause hes shorter than u is mad. Its like me not liking a girl cause her hair is too log
Curiousity and I don't want a shortie

wow, you kind of sound like that guy who says "I don't want a girl with a flat chest", or "I don't want a fat girl", don't you? I mean, I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where you meet the perfect man for you, and he just happens to be "short" - are you *really* going to be as stupid as this to not give them a chance just for that? that's just shocking to be honest - it's like you know it's a stupid thing to think (that short guys are ugly, or something) because you know that it probably doesn't really matter that much (especially if he's muscular) and it's going to cost you happiness somewhere down the line.
Original post by sleepysnooze
wow, you kind of sound like that guy who says "I don't want a girl with a flat chest", or "I don't want a fat girl", don't you? I mean, I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where you meet the perfect man for you, and he just happens to be "short" - are you *really* going to be as stupid as this to not give them a chance just for that? that's just shocking to be honest - it's like you know it's a stupid thing to think (that short guys are ugly, or something) because you know that it probably doesn't really matter that much (especially if he's muscular) and it's going to cost you happiness somewhere down the line.

There are billions of guys on this planet, pretty sure I can find more than one guy with an amazing personality who is almost perfect, but who has the height I'm looking for (taller than 5'7). Really doubt all my chances at ever finding love will slip between my fingers if I choose to not pursue a relationship with a guy who is short but otherwise 'perfect'.
And to any guy who says I don't want a flat chest or a fast girl I would say fair enough that's what they prefer, me having a lecture at them won't make one jot of a difference to their personality.
There are billions of guys on this planet, pretty sure I can find more than one guy with an amazing personality who is almost perfect, but who has the height I'm looking for (taller than 5'7). Really doubt all my chances at ever finding love will slip between my fingers if I choose to not pursue a relationship with a guy who is short but otherwise 'perfect'.
And to any guy who says I don't want a flat chest or a fast girl I would say fair enough that's what they prefer, me having a lecture at them won't make one jot of a difference to their personality.

I'm presuming you're 5'7. Wanting someone who's taller than you isn't unreasonable in my opinion. I think you've just hurt a lot of guys pride.

I would prefer to date someone who's shorter than me, does that make me shallow? Not particularly. I don't know why people are getting so offended.
Reply 74
Original post by Elastichedgehog
I'm presuming you're 5'7. Wanting someone who's taller than you isn't unreasonable in my opinion. I think you've just hurt a lot of guys pride.

I would prefer to date someone who's shorter than me, does that make me shallow? Not particularly. I don't know why people are getting so offended.

You would prefer to date someone shorter than you, okay.

But would you go to the lengths of enquiring on a forum as to the best method of analysing a photo of someone you were interested in to determine whether or not they are taller than you, so that you could instantly disregard them based on this criterion? Do you think that this simply constitutes "preference"? :s-smilie: It's like a guy asking how he can determine a woman's weight, so that he can instantly reject her if it is greater than his, or asking for someone's IQ and instantly rejecting them if it's greater/lesser than yours depending on how smart you want your partner to be relative to you...

You may find a guy with an "amazing personality", however vague that is. You may find a guy the "right" height for you. But what makes you think he'd want you? Take a step back and think about what makes you desirable. If you are that anal about the "perfect man" in all other physical aspects, a self-respecting man will probably not be attracted to you.
(edited 7 years ago)
What happened to meeting someone in public and going on a date to decide if you like someone.
Title

Ask him his height?
You can usually tell by their build; if they have broad shoulders then presumably they are tall (otherwise they're just out of proportion). I might be able to help if you PM me a picture? How tall are you?
No I don't want someone who's 6'3, we'd just look like a number 10 if we stood next to each other. I want the guy to be at least 5'8/9. Also not getting the hate I'm receiving here, everyone is allowed to have a type and excuse me if I don't want to date a 5'5 child.

So sad that I can't neg rate this....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending