Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Didn't they get 98 points or some ridiculous total like that one year, and still fail to get promoted? The Conference really needs a third promotion place, it's effectively League Three.
    Nah, if it kept L*ton out of the FL for many years, it's a working system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    The chairman could have told SISU to do one and stop trying to move a team out of it's ground. He's hardly the major culprit for the farce that Coventry find themselves in, but he, like the FL, FA and several others, are at least complicit.

In fairness, they (like Leicester, Derby, Middlesbrough and several others) changed grounds due to capacities - Coventry were dragged out of theirs as the pawn in a stand-off between the two sets of owners. It's more comparable to MK Dons if any club going - being dragged out of their city due to the owners financial interests rather than for the good of the club.
    Pretty much what happened, although Winkelman had no intention of returning Wimbledon. A lot of people looking at this think it to be a case of a club being evicted over high rent-which is just not the case. As I said though very complicated and to explain the ins and outs would take pages!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Didn't they get 98 points or some ridiculous total like that one year, and still fail to get promoted? The Conference really needs a third promotion place, it's effectively League Three.
    Yeah 98 and I think Fleetwood got 103, unbelievable. Any other season that would have got us promoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Nah, if it kept L*ton out of the FL for many years, it's a working system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing's stopping them this year.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Cellino has won his appeal.

I give it 9 months before Leeds are in turmoil off the pitch once again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Cellino has won his appeal.

I give it 9 months before Leeds are in turmoil off the pitch once again.
    Spineless Football League, absolutely spineless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    14 Years ago today. Christopher Loftus & Kevin Speight.

We will never forget.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    And there it is. 10 seasons away but we're promoted. 10 more points for the title now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Joe Mattock making a mistake leading to a Leicester goal is one of the most enjoyable sights ever, for a supposed Leicester born and bred player, a city fan he treated us with incredible disrespect...
    I was pissed when he went WBA to be perfectly honest, I think he citied something about trying to have the same success as Richard Stearman who went to Wolves. We have sold some decent players tbh who for whatever reason have left or been shown the door from Matty Fryatt, Matt Mills to Ben Marshall and Matty Waghorn more recently.

Anyway we are promoted, now to get there as champions!!!

ReputationRep:
    And there it is. 10 seasons away but we're promoted. 10 more points for the title now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats, enjoy the PL

ReputationRep:
    Lesta promoted and only a matter of time before they clinch the title along with Wolves. This season just keeps getting better...

ReputationRep:
    An important win for Blues today, well done to Leicester, another promotion for Super Kev

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    An important win for Blues today, well done to Leicester, another promotion for Super Kev
    Pity most of the other results didn't go our way!!

So so so happy we won though

ReputationRep:
    Almost there...

ReputationRep:
    david nugent back in the prem. Doesn't bode well

Thank god the independent QC defeated the dogs of The Football League. This decision has arguably saved Leeds United from another spell in administration. Cellino should bring some much needed stability. With a proven track record in football and a genuine passion for the game Leeds should be in a far better position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Thank god the independent QC defeated the dogs of The Football League. This decision has arguably saved Leeds United from another spell in administration. Cellino should bring some much needed stability. With a proven track record in football and a genuine passion for the game Leeds should be in a far better position.
    Who cares about being found guilty of fraud, we'll just let anyone own a football club.

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ This. If someone who wanted to buy Brentford failed the fit and proper person test I wouldn't want them anywhere near my club regardless of how much money they had to offer us.

Brentford won again today, and hopefully we've turned around our rough patch. Our last 6 fixtures aren't by any means easy though, we're playing Preston, two teams chasing the play offs and two teams fighting relegation. We really really should go up. Urrgh football. Still, could be Coventry

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats Guess your time in this thread is coming to an end

Also good win for Wrexham today, important first win for Kevin Wilkin as well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Is a spell in administration not better in the long term than another dodgy moneyman selling them down the river?

(Original post by Superunknown17)
    Congrats Guess your time in this thread is coming to an end

Also good win for Wrexham today, important first win for Kevin Wilkin as well
    Depends what I'm doing next year. Looking at a bradford season ticket if I get the disposal cash that I've not had of late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.