The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pocket Calculator
i'm around! feeling pretty lonely again, but not too bad. revising for an exam tomorrow. how's you and everyone else?

im pretty sure im going crazy...
I felt awful earlier and just sat in the rain getting completely soaked and hoping i would catch pneumonia because having something physically wrong with me would be so much easier than trying to deal with how i feel.

Nothing is working and im thinking of suicide much more often than usual. i have nobody left anymore and i cant help but feel there is no point to living :frown:

What exam do you have tomorrow?
are you seeing anyone about your depression? If you are then you should definitely tell them your suicidal thoughts have increased, if not then you should probably think about it.
death.drop
are you seeing anyone about your depression? If you are then you should definitely tell them your suicidal thoughts have increased, if not then you should probably think about it.

Im not seeing anybody, its probably stupid of me but im just so worried that my parents will find out and i would rather they didnt know. i have thought about it though and i perhaps should really try to go.
xxkaylsxx
im pretty sure im going crazy...
I felt awful earlier and just sat in the rain getting completely soaked and hoping i would catch pneumonia because having something physically wrong with me would be so much easier than trying to deal with how i feel.

i actually enjoy walking in the rain. no idea why...

Nothing is working and im thinking of suicide much more often than usual. i have nobody left anymore and i cant help but feel there is no point to living :frown:
i do all the time, have done for a good year now. i haven't really come close to actually doing it though. what's making you feel how you are? there's people on here who care, at least...

What exam do you have tomorrow?
forensic geology!

must be off now :frown: i'll be around for a chat tomorrow though!
xxkaylsxx
Im not seeing anybody, its probably stupid of me but im just so worried that my parents will find out and i would rather they didnt know. i have thought about it though and i perhaps should really try to go.

if you don't want your parents to find out then they won't. Nobody involved with the care will be able to say anything, and you're in control of who you tell.

There is a chance it might not help, but when it's as serious as thinking about suicide then you've really got nothing to lose. Something as simple as taking a pill every day could really improve your state of mind.
Pocket Calculator
i actually enjoy walking in the rain. no idea why...
i do all the time, have done for a good year now. i haven't really come close to actually doing it though. what's making you feel how you are? there's people on here who care, at least...

forensic geology!

must be off now :frown: i'll be around for a chat tomorrow though!

Thankyou :o:
Things are probably being made worse by the fact that im basically alone at school now and the friend i used to have has moved on and is really happy and doesnt care at all.

Exams and being absolutely useless at them also doesnt help....
death.drop
if you don't want your parents to find out then they won't. Nobody involved with the care will be able to say anything, and you're in control of who you tell.

There is a chance it might not help, but when it's as serious as thinking about suicide then you've really got nothing to lose. Something as simple as taking a pill every day could really improve your state of mind.

Thankyou for the advice death.drop, i will try to keep that in mind.
I know BruceTaylor posts here a fair bit,
I'm going to see him in hospital tomorrow and making him a 'Get Well Soon' card from TSR with the :awesome: smiley on the front.
If any of you would like to leave a message, please do, choose the colour, and I'll write it in, sorry it's a bit late, anything's great, I know he'd be touched
Thanks loads,
Antimatter :smile:
Antimatter
I know BruceTaylor posts here a fair bit,
I'm going to see him in hospital tomorrow and making him a 'Get Well Soon' card from TSR with the :awesome: smiley on the front.
If any of you would like to leave a message, please do, choose the colour, and I'll write it in, sorry it's a bit late, anything's great, I know he'd be touched
Thanks loads,
Antimatter :smile:

Aw what a sweet idea.

I can't think of anything I'd like to say except I hope he's feeling better soon and thinking about him. :smile:
Anything at all is great,
Private essage or in this thread,
It really wold nean so nch to Brce!
Antimatter
Message for bruce...

Get well soon Bruce :smile: Hope you feel better soon!

How is everyone today? My mum still isn't talking to me and has now started to turn my Dad against me again (she always does this, sulks with me for a few days and then when I get fed up of it and start sulking back she runs to my Dad and tells him that I'm the only one with a problem). Work was tiring, not very exciting... Feel quite down tonight and I'm not sure why. Had another bad dream last night :sad:

Going out with my three good mates on Saturday night, would quite like to get extremely wrecked.
:cry:
jonathan122

What's up jonathan? You alright there?
special1ne
What's up jonathan? You alright there?

Not really. I just don't have any motivation anymore. :frown:

How are you, special1ne? :hugs:
jonathan122
Not really. I just don't have any motivation anymore. :frown:

How are you, special1ne?

I'm surviving, my Maths exam today really bummed me out: was not expecting it to be THAT hard, and generally feeling unworthy of everything:sadnod:. I mean, if I can't handle exams then it must link to me not being good enough at things :sad:
special1ne
I'm surviving, my Maths exam today really bummed me out: was not expecting it to be THAT hard, and generally feeling unworthy of everything:sadnod:. I mean, if I can't handle exams then it must link to me not being good enough at things :sad:

NO, definatly not.

Some people aren't academic and don't have brains that can hold information learnt by rote. I'm one of them... I know what you're feeling. Never did any good at school, when I worked hard it never paid off, didn't bother much. I have my skills, but in different areas, as I'm certain you do. Unless you're a vegetable with no brain activity you are good at something positive. :hugs:

:hugs: for you too Jonathon.
special1ne

:hugs:

I'm sorry your exam didn't go great, but they're not everything, and they certainly don't mean you're not good enough at anything else. Have you got many more left?

I can't really motivate myself to do any revision for my exams at the moment. :frown:
kiss_me_now9
NO, definatly not.

Some people aren't academic and don't have brains that can hold information learnt by rote. I'm one of them... I know what you're feeling. Never did any good at school, when I worked hard it never paid off, didn't bother much. I have my skills, but in different areas, as I'm certain you do. Unless you're a vegetable with no brain activity you are good at something positive.

for you too Jonathon.

Yeah but it would be really nice to be good at a subject, like really good in it. Instead, I'm more or less looking at the prospect of miserable grades at AS Level. Oh, what I would give to do what I liked (even though it's not good). And :hugs: to jonathan and kiss_me_now
jonathan122

I'm sorry your exam didn't go great, but they're not everything, and they certainly don't mean you're not good enough at anything else. Have you got many more left?

I can't really motivate myself to do any revision for my exams at the moment. :frown:

I tell you now, you're more steps better off than me, I'd be lucky if I park myself in front of a desk and read a book loosely related to the exams I'm taking. And there are 4 left; helpful but stressful as well, especially when they drain so much energy out of you.
I can kind of relate to your lack of motivation. I fear I'll have one worse than now as soon as exams are over :frown:
special1ne
Yeah but it would be really nice to be good at a subject, like really good in it. Instead, I'm more or less looking at the prospect of miserable grades at AS Level. Oh, what I would give to do what I liked (even though it's not good). And :hugs: to jonathan and kiss_me_now

What do you want to do? :hugs: I'd love to be good at a subject, but academics are not for me - just not who I am.

Latest