The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else at ARU Cambridge for Mental Health Nursing tomorrow?!
Original post by Jac800K
I had mine at the end of November and got an offer for dual adult and child 2 weeks later! Everyone arrives and they give you name labels, then they take you into a room full of desks where you put all of your documents (original and photocopied) into a folder, which they then take away for checking during the interviews. Then they split everyone up into 2 halves; one half does the interview first and the other half does the tests first. I went to the group interview first and there were 7 others- might be worth chatting to the people sitting around you in the room because most of the groups were made up of one row of desks. I had a really nice discussion topic, based on the 6 C's but I heard that another group's was pretty nasty! Because there are so many of you it can be a bit tricky to get good points across, but try and make as many good points, without taking over. There are 2 interviewers in the room with you, and you all sit round a table with a big piece of paper in the middle. After that you do the other element- the maths test was fine as long as you're up to speed on GCSE stuff, and english is quite tight for time but as long as you've read over the documents they give you you'll be fine! They then give you a drink and biscuits, before a big question and answer session with the academic staff, admissions officers and current students. Hope that helps!

That's really really helpful, thank you :smile: hopefully it will go well tomorrow!
Original post by Jac800K
I had mine at the end of November and got an offer for dual adult and child 2 weeks later! Everyone arrives and they give you name labels, then they take you into a room full of desks where you put all of your documents (original and photocopied) into a folder, which they then take away for checking during the interviews. Then they split everyone up into 2 halves; one half does the interview first and the other half does the tests first. I went to the group interview first and there were 7 others- might be worth chatting to the people sitting around you in the room because most of the groups were made up of one row of desks. I had a really nice discussion topic, based on the 6 C's but I heard that another group's was pretty nasty! Because there are so many of you it can be a bit tricky to get good points across, but try and make as many good points, without taking over. There are 2 interviewers in the room with you, and you all sit round a table with a big piece of paper in the middle. After that you do the other element- the maths test was fine as long as you're up to speed on GCSE stuff, and english is quite tight for time but as long as you've read over the documents they give you you'll be fine! They then give you a drink and biscuits, before a big question and answer session with the academic staff, admissions officers and current students. Hope that helps!

What were the English questions like?
Reply 883
Anyone got a reply from University of Cumbria march entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 884
Original post by monicanicole
I have an interview at Hertfordshire Uni and coventry uni rejected me with no interview or anything. I'm still waiting on my other choices.

Same as me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is your interview at Hertfordshire?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 886
Tomorrow, 7th Jan
you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are you not considering either of the Birmingham universities that do nursing if you live there and don't want a long commute/
Original post by moonkatt
Why are you not considering either of the Birmingham universities that do nursing if you live there and don't want a long commute/

I would love to apply there, but both want you to have science a levels.
Got a rejection today from London South bank........disappointing as I thought the interview went well!! 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlotteemilyw
Got a rejection today from London South bank........disappointing as I thought the interview went well!! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry dear. I am dreading the numeracy and literacy test tomorrow. Many people are getting rejections from LSBU...worrying. Have you got any interviews or any offers?
Original post by Rosie__
Tomorrow, 7th Jan
you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, mine is next week the 14th
Original post by preshbabes
sorry dear. I am dreading the numeracy and literacy test tomorrow. Many people are getting rejections from LSBU...worrying. Have you got any interviews or any offers?

I'm at surrey on 22nd and Kingston 23rd. Still waiting to hear from Southampton!!??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I'm at surrey on 22nd and Kingston 23rd. Still waiting to hear from Southampton!!??

Posted from TSR Mobile

all the best hey
I have a brighton interview for childrens nursing next tuesday the 13th and a coventry interview on the 13th of february!
Original post by hullaballoon
Hi, everyone :smile: I'm applying for Child Nursing at Surrey, Southampton, King's College London, Cardiff and Brighton!

just wondering did you get an interview for brighton because i applied for childrens nursing there too!
Southampton interview done and dusted! Now the agonising wait :frown:
Reply 897
I really want to accept Oxford brookes as my firm, is it necessary to have an insurance choice as I don't want to attend any more interviews?
I don't believe so. You can fall into some places through clearing if needs be x
Original post by elle1995
Southampton interview done and dusted! Now the agonising wait :frown:

When did you send your application off?? I've heard nothing from Southampton and sent it on 15th November! 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending