The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Some bad news for all of us guys, seeing the tories have won the majority. Ed Milliband bravely but foolishly attacked the rich, the non-doms, the people with money and power on the media. He is to blame on his own merit for many reasons, but there's definitely been the handywork of the media at play here.

Here come the tuition fee raises

[h="1"]The Tories could raise student tuition fees again past £9,000 a year, William Hague indicates[/h]The Conservatives could raise tuition fees again past £9,000 a year if they return to government after the election, William Hague has indicated.

The former Tory leader, who is stepping down as an MP at this election, said the party “haven’t ruled out” a further increase.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/the-tories-could-raise-student-tuition-fees-again-past-9000-a-year-william-hague-indicates-10223328.html

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my muslims, why didn't you vote??
Why do we whinge about thebactions of govt if we don't bother to vote? Why do so many actually listen to anjem?

I voted, my entire family voted and all the muslims i know voted as well as those i study with.
Original post by Tawheed
Some bad news for all of us guys, seeing the tories have won the majority. Ed Milliband bravely but foolishly attacked the rich, the non-doms, the people with money and power on the media. He is to blame on his own merit for many reasons, but there's definitely been the handywork of the media at play here.

Here come the tuition fee raises

[h="1"]The Tories could raise student tuition fees again past £9,000 a year, William Hague indicates[/h]The Conservatives could raise tuition fees again past £9,000 a year if they return to government after the election, William Hague has indicated.

The former Tory leader, who is stepping down as an MP at this election, said the party “haven’t ruled out” a further increase.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/the-tories-could-raise-student-tuition-fees-again-past-9000-a-year-william-hague-indicates-10223328.html

Nooo :frown:

How will my siblings get to uni if that happens :frown:

Why didn't you vote guys :colone:
Original post by Tawheed
I voted, my entire family voted and all the muslims i know voted as well as those i study with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard many didn't 😳 and that if those muslims who didn't vote did we could have influenced 48 seats.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard many didn't and that if those muslims who didn't vote did we could have influenced 48 seats.

If muslims who were able and had time chose not to vote, then kindly leave the country. Your ignorance and extremism is harming us all. If you truly are so averse, then leave. But from my own extensive experience, almost all the muslims i know voted.
Original post by Mary562
Nooo :frown:

How will my siblings get to uni if that happens :frown:

Why didn't you vote guys :colone:

I voted, but we have to stop the tories. You need to spread this to as many people. The tories may plan to spring this surprise on us, and we need to catch them out before they do , my siblings will really suffer and i might suffer too.
Original post by Tawheed
If muslims who were able and had time chose not to vote, then kindly leave the country. Your ignorance and extremism is harming us all. If you truly are so averse, then leave. But from my own extensive experience, almost all the muslims i know voted.

So just because people dont vote they should get lost to another country? This is absurd, brother tawheed :sigh:

I didnt vote btw. Do you think i should be kicked out of the country :hmmm:

I am a legit british citizen and noone can force me to vote. Free will
Posted from TSR Mobile
Half the people that vote dont even know anything about politics or the parties' manifestos

They just vote because "it is their duty" and because everyone else is voting

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;Rfan-X0IEEk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfan-X0IEEk[/video]
Original post by Tawheed

What is this bakwaas? It is a right in the UK not to vote and although i do believe that it is a duty upon every muslim to vote i will not be this ridiculous in reprimanding those that chose to exercise their right not to vote?
Wow I'm so shocked by some of the Muslims here. I'm sorry I didn't vote for a corrupt, dishonest, man made system.
Actually I couldn't care less.

If me preferring Allah's law over man made laws makes me an extremist, then I'd like to see what you would say to Allah on the day of judgement.

I'm proud I didn't vote and never will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
What is this bakwaas? It is a right in the UK not to vote and although i do believe that it is a duty upon every muslim to vote i will not be this ridiculous in reprimanding those that chose to exercise their right not to vote?

Not to debate on the ISOC , although i am confused as to the purpose of the ISOC if we can't challenge or discuss a range of recent issues, but i do criticize those who do not vote whilst using Islam as an excuse. By all means don't vote, don't be proactive, don't have a say, stay there and let the world pass, but don't taint muslims and use Islam as an excuse.
Original post by Tawheed

Are you out of mind?

Everyone has the right to vote but not a duty to do so

Hold on a sec… My relatives didn’t vote so they should leave the country

Fix up!
Original post by (CH3)4 - Si
Half the people that vote dont even know anything about politics or the parties' manifestos

They just vote because "it is their duty" and because everyone else is voting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whilst this isn't a lie and has truth in it, i would argue that we should spare 15-30 minutes to atleast know the key ideological differences and help select the lesser evil. Either way, one of the two will gain power, we need to do everything we can to make sure it isn't the greater evil.
Original post by HAnwar
Wow I'm so shocked by some of the Muslims here. I'm sorry I didn't vote for a corrupt, dishonest, man made system.

If me preferring Allah's law over man made laws makes me an extremist, then I'd like to see what you would say to Allah on the day of judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
People like you whinge about the govt doing nothing about islamophobia,but when you don't vote and aren't politically active,what do you expect?
At least don't complain,dead wood is always ignored.
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for not voting and it's noting to be ashamed of
Original post by BannedForLife.
Are you out of mind?

Fix up!

They didn't vote because of Islam?
Original post by BannedForLife.
Are you out of mind?

Fix up!

I was not referring to your relatives, but to a video released where women in niqab stated they do not wish to vote as they only want to follow the 'will of Allah swt' and some others in that video apparently wanted to join ISIS in this pursuit.

To people who do not vote and hide behind Islam(unfairly) and dislike the country so much and want to join foreign terrorist groups, i invite them to leave the country.

To those that do not want to vote because of islamic reasons, while i respect that the governments often do bad , go into invasive war, legitimize things , we still have a duty to get into politics, to have our say, and to make sure the lesser of all the evils prevails.

If you have hitler and obama and you know your vote can stop hitler , and either of the two will win for sure, why sit back and just watch hitler win ? Why not use your voice and vote.

IMHO muslim or non-muslim, i don't look favourably on people who do not get involved in the issues of the modern day. I will never insult them , everyone has a right to do what they please, but i am also allowed the right to hold my opinion that such an apathetical view to society should be discouraged - we need to get as many people voting

To moderators, can you review the debating policy? Otherwise we muslim will never be able to discuss anything on the ISOC, i.e people can challenge us and make claims we feel obliged to clarify.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
but i do criticize those who do not vote whilst using Islam as an excuse. By all means don't vote, don't be proactive, don't have a say, stay there and let the world pass, but don't taint muslims and use Islam as an excuse.

Ok so you critisice those with a fiqhi difference of opinion with you? Ridiculous. Now you are equating not voting with a lack of political activism! Some of the people i know who did not vote are the most active in the UK when it comes to political issues!

Your generalisations are ridiculous and intolerant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
People like you whinge about the govt doing nothing about islamophobia,but when you don't vote and aren't politically active,what do you expect?
At least don't complain,dead wood is always ignored.

Hahaha you think the government will ever stop Islamophobia? Do you think they care? How delusional.
I'll do what I want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending