Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    System was entirely, and I mean entirely, based around Fabregas. If it wasnt him we'd have done something else.

Lost more influential players than Cesc, Henry/RVP as well as several others over the years without it ever affecting CL football and Cesc was no different. Wenger is good like that.
    You've said yourself that Fabregas carried Denilson for years. If he left, you wouldn't have replaced him with anyone near his quality, and whatever system you play a **** centre midfield will likely cost you.

ReputationRep:

9 was Sanchez's number.

#WelcomeAlexis
    But to who??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    You've said yourself that Fabregas carried Denilson for years. If he left, you wouldn't have replaced him with anyone near his quality, and whatever system you play a **** centre midfield will likely cost you.
    He did, and I'm not saying that Cesc wasnt fantastic for us, but I dont think it was a case of Cesc or bust. We replaced him with Arteta and still managed top4 after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    If you don't know the difference between playing football in europe after playing in brazil and playing in europe then you're totally wrong too.

Neymar was always going to have an average season, he's primarily playing in a counter attacking system for Brazil where he has space to play(even in this tournament you see that happening) while for Barca he's constantly facing parked buses and trying to thread through tight defences who are of a much higher/tactical level than a lot of the international teams and most teams in brazil.
    Nobody argued the fact that there's not a difference between playing in Brazil and Europe but there's definitely a difference between the PL and Spain too even though the gap is smaller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I'm just here for the same reason as the rest of you to share my opinion. How about you start respecting my opinion because all I want is what's best for the mighty reds
    That's a load of rubbish.

I've been defending you (a little) over the arsenal fans bombarding you with hate.
    But it's ironic because I've only gone through that experience because of you.

You tell someone to respect your opinion?
    As far as football related discussion is concerned, you're a solid poster.
    But you can say nothing about respect.

I constantly see you insulting people because of what they say - you give the least consideration/respect out of any poster on TSR.

Bottom line is that you deserve everything you get.
    Don't like to say it to another person, but it's true.

ReputationRep:
    He did, and I'm not saying that Cesc wasnt fantastic for us, but I dont think it was a case of Cesc or bust. We replaced him with Arteta and still managed top4 after all.
    Only because RVP suddenly had a brilliant injury-free season, if Cesc left a year or two earlier you wouldn't have had that.

ReputationRep:
    Only because RVP suddenly had a brilliant injury-free season, if Cesc left a year or two earlier you wouldn't have had that.
    You say that, but when RVP left we had neither Cesc nor RVP(nor Nasri) and still managed another CL place didnt we? Was the same way with Henry in 2007, or going further back Overmars/Petit in 1999.

Wenger always manages, dont think it would have been any different had Cesc left in 2010 or 2009. Great player for us, playing in a system set up for him, but replaceable.

And even if it was down to RVP, how does that change the point that Cesc was not the difference between CL football and not, which is what we're discussing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Fair enough sometimes he takes it a bit too far but the way he is outcast and crucified for voicing his opinion by some is incredible tbh. It's childlike behaviour.
    Mate, I like you as a poster, and I really do respect and admire your desire to put a stop to an attack on a poster.

But not butty.
    That is that last person anyone should defend on TSR.
    I obviously have my own bias against him, but with good reason.

ReputationRep:
    You say that, but when RVP left we had neither Cesc nor RVP(nor Nasri) and still managed another CL place didnt we? Was the same way with Henry in 2007, or going further back Overmars/Petit in 1999.

Wenger always manages, dont think it would have been any different had Cesc left in 2010 or 2009. Great player for us, playing in a system set up for him, but replaceable.
    By 1 point. The season after RVP left you had money to bring in good players in Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski to somewhat replace RVP. Whereas had Cesc left in 09-10 you wouldn't have replaced him as well, as shown by you having a net spend of -£31m and bringing back Sol Campbell. So it's a different situation.

And even if it was down to RVP, how does that change the point that Cesc was not the difference between CL football and not, which is what we're discussing.
    Because I'm saying Cesc was the difference for a couple of years, then when he left RVP was the difference. But if Cesc had left a year earlier, RVP would've still been in his 15 games a season stage and therefore you wouldn't have had either making the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    But to who??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ozil's acclimatising to a new continent is he?
    It was pretty obvious what I was getting at, but good one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alittlehelp)
    It was pretty obvious what I was getting at, but good one
    Don't make out like I'm the one in the wrong lol, you literally said "everything you've mentioned here is something Ozil is having to do" which was simply incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    Don't make out like I'm the one in the wrong lol, you literally said "everything you've mentioned here is something Ozil is having to do" which was simply incorrect.
    Okay, you got me, the whole time I've lived in London I actually didn't know it was in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alittlehelp)
    Okay, you got me, the whole time I've lived in London I actually didn't know it was in Europe.
    Maybe say what you mean next time rather than saying things that are wrong to attempt to make your point stronger?

ReputationRep:
    By 1 point. The season after RVP left you had money to bring in good players in Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski to somewhat replace RVP. Whereas had Cesc left in 09-10 you wouldn't have replaced him as well, as shown by you having a net spend of -£31m and bringing back Sol Campbell. So it's a different situation.
    Well this is just circular logic isnt it? We brought in £30m odd for Cesc and had we sold him in 2009 then we'd have had that money then to spend then, as opposed to spending it later on Santi etc.

Cesc was replaceable, he was replaced.

ReputationRep:
    Cesc didn't have the bottle the year before he went to Barca. Was always injured and didn't look like he could be arsed when we were really up against it. That back heel at the Nou Camp...

ReputationRep:
    Well this is just circular logic isnt it? We brought in £30m odd for Cesc and had we sold him in 2009 then we'd have had that money then to spend then, as opposed to spending it later on Santi etc.

Cesc was replaceable, he was replaced.
    I wouldn't say we replaced him immediately, Arteta isn't a replacement. But for sure with Ozil, we have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looks like they have tried their best....

Just Wenger presses through with this deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Looks like they have tried their best....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doubt Sanchez has even heard of Brendan Rogers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Doubt Sanchez has even heard of Brendan Rogers.
    https://twitter.com/LFCwisdoms/statu...14963988795393

Cringe :lol:.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.