Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing headstands to try and distract myself from results - it's hard to be worried while upside down, I have found.

(Original post by samfreak)
    when do aqa publish exam results online for teachers to access?
    6AM, I think. (See here.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearingWhat?)
    wow how weird - i got a C in History and I had my heart set on doing it, but now I just don't know what to do. I've got A's in Maths and Biology and a B (which I should get pushed up to an A after I retake an ISA) in Physics but History is what I enjoy, the one I really wished to do at university. The thing is, I tried harder for History than I did my others so maybe it's just not meant to be but I really don't know what to do! I'm naturally good at sciencey stuff but I don't want to spend 3 years of my life doing something I don't enjoy even if I am good at it. I'm just disappointed and confused.

Thank you though
    Woah, that is weird. First of all, I would try speaking to your teacher(s) and asking them for advice - particularly if you have some idea about which universities you are considering. They can advise you about what's realistic and what isn't. I would say (if it's possible) consider taking a gap year so that you can apply with your final results which may be a step up from what you have now at AS.

I can totally sympathise as History made up the majority of my revision at AS and it felt horrible to do so badly (in comparison to my other subjects) but try not to think that all is lost yet!

ReputationRep:
    I think the emails are from Nottingham. Because I've stalked people who said they got the email and most of them made a thread mentioning Nottingham. it calmed me down a bit. Because I didn't apply there and did not receive an email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neena)
    4 Hours and 20 Minutes!! :O
    Subtle :bong::bong:

ReputationRep:
    I just have this constant sinking feeling, along with a lump in my throat and butterflies... all at once.. AHHHHH! I'm not guranteed anything so all 3 grades will be a surprise. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I've come to the stage where I don't actually care what my grades are? All I want is to make my offer - the rest just feels irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    So much for sleeping.

It seems the notrious neighbourhood screeching cat has returned and simply wont be quiet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDanny 117)
    I just have this constant sinking feeling, along with a lump in my throat and butterflies... all at once.. AHHHHH! I'm not guranteed anything so all 3 grades will be a surprise. :eek:
    I'm only waiting on a chemistry grade, both biology and psychology would have to be flopped 90% to get below a B.

What are your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fliortia)
    Is it bad that I've come to the stage where I don't actually care what my grades are? All I want is to make my offer - the rest just feels irrelevant
    It's probably worse that I've been at this stage the moment I finished my exams. Just need to get into my firm, rest idc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    It's probably worse that I've been at this stage the moment I finished my exams. Just need to get into my firm, rest idc.
    All through my revision I was just thinking 'just need AAB, just need AAB' - where are you hoping on going/what's your offer?

ReputationRep:
    wow how weird - i got a C in History and I had my heart set on doing it, but now I just don't know what to do. I've got A's in Maths and Biology and a B (which I should get pushed up to an A after I retake an ISA) in Physics but History is what I enjoy, the one I really wished to do at university. The thing is, I tried harder for History than I did my others so maybe it's just not meant to be but I really don't know what to do! I'm naturally good at sciencey stuff but I don't want to spend 3 years of my life doing something I don't enjoy even if I am good at it. I'm just disappointed and confused.

Thank you though
    C in History at AS level. Same. When I got my results I panicked. Then my teacher told me to keep my chin up, retake, and stay with applying for it at uni. I nearly switched to geography. It paid off, I ended up, (with a bit of hardwork) getting an A* at A2. And I'm now studying at Warwick.

Apply for what you enjoy and really, truly believe you are good at. If you need any tips or advice or anything message me. I've been there.

ReputationRep:
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!!!! A huge bat just flew into my room!!!! I've bombed out of there and am camping out in the living room :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    That horrible moment when your laptop decides to crash and you get an e-mail from amazon :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    lol yururghghg can't sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fliortia)
    All through my revision I was just thinking 'just need AAB, just need AAB' - where are you hoping on going/what's your offer?
    Me too! And mine's AAA. :/ But the good thing is that my second-choice uni is in clearing for ABB. So if I don't get into my firm, I could probably get into my second-choice uni which isn't too different from my firm. It might be the same for you! Dw

ReputationRep:
    I literally, dont care about grades anymore. Just wanna get in :P

ReputationRep:

Thank you though
    Hiya, have been quietly snooping for some time now but saw this and knew I needed to tell you that you NEED to get this remarked. A friend of mine studying History at Cambridge got a C in his AS and it was remarked up; similarly, my best friend studying Law got a B at History AS which went up several marks to an A after a remark. I would strongly advise a remark, as essay subject marking is so subjective.

ReputationRep:
    Dreading the disappointment I know I am going to feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_x)
    Hiya, have been quietly snooping for some time now but saw this and knew I needed to tell you that you NEED to get this remarked. A friend of mine studying History at Cambridge got a C in his AS and it was remarked up; similarly, my best friend studying Law got a B at History AS which went up several marks to an A after a remark. I would strongly advise a remark, as essay subject marking is so subjective.
    I sent my History papers off to Edexcel for a remark and they reappeared the same day without so much as a single UMS mark changed after paying £84 and the entire history department telling me that they could suggest no improvements for my answers - and many other people had similar experiences that I know. I would be wary of the exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    just got my results, massive shock and really low but enough to get into uni, failed one of my final units :O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.