The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thomas7861
how is the teaching on the bm6? PBL? or ? I cant find anything

BM6 is taught in a similar manner to BM5 except there will be less people in your "class" as it were. There is overall less anatomy as well compared to future years so you have less labs (about 2 in semester one and a few more in semester two). You're mostly at Highfield compared to SGH and have fewer lecturers. It's not PBL.
Hi is anyone here on the 4th year of the course? I have some questions. Thank you
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Hi is anyone here on the 4th year of the course? I have some questions. Thank you

Me!
Reply 983
At the end of the interviews do they give you feedback?
Apologies if this has already been answered, but in the email, it says: "It is important that you also please bring photocopies of your documentation with you".

What is this documentation? It is a little unclear.
Original post by DBoyH2O

No sorry :smile: Some people said they were told "this is a good interview." etc but still got an offer so it means nothing tbh.
Original post by StegiMon
Apologies if this has already been answered, but in the email, it says: "It is important that you also please bring photocopies of your documentation with you".

What is this documentation? It is a little unclear.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3118213&page=49&p=63032031#post63032031

Original post by DBoyH2O

They can't give personal feedback :no:.
does the bm6/bm5 course do dissections?
does the bm6/bm5 course do dissections?

Prosection. Far better :yes:.

Optional SSU to do a dissection.
Original post by Neostigmine
Prosection. Far better :yes:.

Optional SSU to do a dissection.

When we get asked why southampton, do we focus on the year zero or the whole course along with bm5?
Original post by lenamedic
When we get asked why southampton, do we focus on the year zero or the whole course along with bm5?

Bit of both is nice but there is no right answer.
any any advice on how to answer this?
Thank you so much btw. You are extremenly helpful!
any any advice on how to answer this?

Answer what sorry?
What is the weightage of importance in decision for offer between the group task and interview? Which is counted for more in the decision for offer?
Original post by Justtryingtolive
What is the weightage of importance in decision for offer between the group task and interview? Which is counted for more in the decision for offer?

Equal.
Original post by Neostigmine
Equal.

Hi, you mentioned previously that someone had the option to transfer from bm6 to bm5? If i was to get AAA or higher, do you think I would have the option to transfer?
What is the group task like? what is the discussion about?
Original post by medicine19
Hi, you mentioned previously that someone had the option to transfer from bm6 to bm5? If i was to get AAA or higher, do you think I would have the option to transfer?

No.
It only ever happens if they have too many students in BM6 because they over offered AND there is space in BM5. In the 6 years I have been here this has happened once (6 years ago) and they've since cut the number of offers from 45 to 43. Even if they have too many, they will look at the students and see if any are even suited to jumping. We had 33 in my class instead of 30 and only 1 was offered a move. They didn't take it.

Try not to have that sot of mind set at interviews. If you're only applying for your grades and would skip the year if you could, this doesn't set you up to answer "why BM6?" very well.

What is the group task like? what is the discussion about?

5 minutes to prepare yourself for a discussion on a topic or statement or question they give you
15 minutes to discuss
10 minutes for the group to feedback.

That's all you're allowed to know and all you need to know. No prior knowledge required. No prep possible.
Lovely to meet lots of you today.

Remember to keep interview chat to a minimum as some people are yet to have an interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending