The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Ritchie Humphreys has played in the Football League for 20 years. Somehow I think he knows a thing or two...

But has only been around since the creation of the Premier League.

At least Gradi offers a view point that transcends generations.

And being Chairman of the PFA doesn't really count for much these days, does it?
Predictions for Brighton v Derby tonight?

Nerves are starting to take effect now but I still think we'll get past them. I'm going for a 1-1 tonight and a comfortable victory back home at the iPro.
Original post by Scott129
Predictions for Brighton v Derby tonight?

Nerves are starting to take effect now but I still think we'll get past them. I'm going for a 1-1 tonight and a comfortable victory back home at the iPro.

I'm going 1-1 as well.

A bit off Topic but I went to see Locke Yesterday - must be the first time Paul Robinson and Steven Caldwell have been mentioned in a film!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by redferry
I'm going 1-1 as well.

A bit off Topic but I went to see Locke Yesterday - must be the first time Paul Robinson and Steven Caddis have been mentioned in a film!!

Paul Robinson the bluenose?
Original post by Hooby
Paul Robinson the bluenose?

Yeah I also meant Caldwell not Caddis!!!
Millwalls new kit is just...urgh.

And the incredibly cringey quote on the back.

Worries me what Macron have planned for Leeds' new kit.
One of Cov's directors promising that they will pay ACL the £590k owed from the liquidation process in accordance with a Football League agreement. He knows full well that money isn't getting paid any time soon and the spineless League will cower at the first threat of legal action.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see them punish a club for a situation it is at least partly responsible for.
Two other stupid points the FA wish to introduce...

- "It also wants to develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs."

Oh, so when Watford get loanees from one club, it's wrong, but it'll be fine so long as they're English players from English clubs, most of which are too arrogant and crap to make it to the top anyway.

- "The review also calls for a ban on non-European Union players outside of the top flight"

It's stupid, but it'll mean the Algerian Belkalem can't play for Watford any more, so hey ho, get it signed and in.
It's like they're deliberately trying to drive a wedge between the PL & FL :facepalm:
A ban on non-EU players makes me shudder. Won't be long until they decide for the 'benefit of the nations football' that we're allowed to only field 3 EU players in a similar manner to chinese football (which I might remind you is garbage).

EDIT: Might be worth them introducing a rule so only home grown players can take penalties, might solve more than a ban on players.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CraigWM
"The review also calls for a ban on non-European Union players outside of the top flight".

Yeah, that's going to work out brilliantly when teams get relegated :facepalm: This won't happen.

Also, sign this: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-football-association-say-no-to-b-teams
Petition signed.

Greg Dyke seriously living up to his surname here. I'd rather watch a competitive football league each weekend than an England team once every half a year.
Petition signed
Original post by CraigWM
Two other stupid points the FA wish to introduce...

- "It also wants to develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs."

Oh, so when Watford get loanees from one club, it's wrong, but it'll be fine so long as they're English players from English clubs, most of which are too arrogant and crap to make it to the top anyway.

- "The review also calls for a ban on non-European Union players outside of the top flight"

It's stupid, but it'll mean the Algerian Belkalem can't play for Watford any more, so hey ho, get it signed and in.

Jesus that is ridiculous. Let's just create even more of a gap between top tier and the rest...
Original post by Silver Arrows
Millwalls new kit is just...urgh.

And the incredibly cringey quote on the back.

Worries me what Macron have planned for Leeds' new kit.

That is HORRIFIC

mind you, captures the spirit of the club quite nicely.
**** League 3:angry:
More comical stuff from the Football League, giving Coventry the 'Family Excellence Award':

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-given-football-league-7089156

What a bloody joke!
Something tells me the next English superstar won't become the footballer he is because he played at Dagenham and Redbridge on a cold Tuesday night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Half the job done! :sheep:

Perfect game plan from McClaren, it must be said. Soak up the pressure (knowing full well they're not great offensively) and hit them on the break.

Brighton were really, really poor going forward though. Ulloa was so isolated and they never had more than a single man in our box.

Quick Reply

Latest