x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Bluebird)
    Strong poster to acrylic ratio.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Revolt at Watford. :facepalm: Having played utter ****e the last tree games, the manager wishes to keep the players another two weeks, which doesn't go well as some have booked holidays, which is worrying as we'd only been out of the playoff picture for 8 days . Players play **** against H'field on the last day, a few big players omitted due to revolt, players demand to only be kept behind 3 days, which was initial plan. Uncle Pozzo steps in, tells everyone to calm their ****, and everyone is kept back for a week. Disgraceful scenes, players seemingly now revoltin to get Beppe sacked.

Stick with Beppe or get him out now, but any revolters should be sold immediately or sent out on loan to Luton or something. Perhaps this summer, we'll get it right.

ReputationRep:
    We're coming home, coming home, coming home, tell the Championship we're coming home!! :cool:

The Premier League is rubbish apart from the money. Glad to be back in a proper football league away from the drama.

1) Referees in the Premier League are God damn awful and only intent on gaining headlines themselves
    2) You have morons like Alan Shearer sticking their nose in and giving their opinion on your club
    3) Prawn sandwich crew turn up in abundance and the 'don't stand up and chant' idiots are out in force
    4) Stewards think they're police officers because the Premier League tell them to get their act together
    5) Ticket prices are higher just for the privilege of seeing Uruguayans and Spanish players roll on grass
    6) Less late night games during the week which I love as a fan - games under the flood lights
    7) A massive lack of competition other than subsets you can predict. You'll never get anything like what Burnley have done at Premier League level
    8) The thrill of knowing you could be in the play offs - great days out

Premier League is crap fellas and the only good thing about it is the money your club gets. Glad to be relegated and back in a proper league where tackling is allowed and players aren't crying to the ref every 5 minutes.

BRING ON DIRTY LEEDS!!!! :afraid:
    Ah, the other CCFC makes its return.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're coming home, coming home, coming home, tell the Championship we're coming home!! :cool:

The Premier League is rubbish apart from the money. Glad to be back in a proper football league away from the drama.

1) Referees in the Premier League are God damn awful and only intent on gaining headlines themselves
    2) You have morons like Alan Shearer sticking their nose in and giving their opinion on your club
    3) Prawn sandwich crew turn up in abundance and the 'don't stand up and chant' idiots are out in force
    4) Stewards think they're police officers because the Premier League tell them to get their act together
    5) Ticket prices are higher just for the privilege of seeing Uruguayans and Spanish players roll on grass
    6) Less late night games during the week which I love as a fan - games under the flood lights
    7) A massive lack of competition other than subsets you can predict. You'll never get anything like what Burnley have done at Premier League level
    8) The thrill of knowing you could be in the play offs - great days out

Premier League is crap fellas and the only good thing about it is the money your club gets. Glad to be relegated and back in a proper league where tackling is allowed and players aren't crying to the ref every 5 minutes.

BRING ON DIRTY LEEDS!!!! :afraid:
    What I don't miss about the Premiership is about 10000 replays of the same tackle. There is absolutely no point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The total release list has been unveiled

Adam Davies, Arron Jameson, Reda Johnson, Anthony Gardner, Miguel Llera, Martin Taylor, Jermaine Johnson and David Prutton.

Some nice tasty wages freed up there for some bottom half championship survival players. Bit sad about cult hero Reda Johnson but he was injury prone and JJ has been here 7 years now. But hey times move on!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819

Oh great, so the FA come up with another stupid idea that could wreck the lower leagues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819

Oh great, so the FA come up with another stupid idea that could wreck the lower leagues.
    They are the PL's *****es, it's really quite embarrassing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Danny Mills - Former Leeds United, Manchester City and England defender
    Dario Gradi - Crewe Alexandra's director of football
    Glenn Hoddle - Former England manager
    Greg Clarke - Football League chairman
    Greg Dyke - FA chairman
    Howard Wilkinson - League Managers' Association chairman
    Rio Ferdinand - Manchester United and former England defender
    Ritchie Humphreys - Professional Footballers' Association chairman
    Roger Burden - FA vice-chairman
    Roy Hodgson - England manager

That's the FA panel that have come up with this idea. As to why Danny Mills and Rio Ferdinand are on the list I don't know. Get some people on there who actually know what they're talking about, which apparently is none of those listed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Danny Mills - Former Leeds United, Manchester City and England defender
    Dario Gradi - Crewe Alexandra's director of football
    Glenn Hoddle - Former England manager
    Greg Clarke - Football League chairman
    Greg Dyke - FA chairman
    Howard Wilkinson - League Managers' Association chairman
    Rio Ferdinand - Manchester United and former England defender
    Ritchie Humphreys - Professional Footballers' Association chairman
    Roger Burden - FA vice-chairman
    Roy Hodgson - England manager

That's the FA panel that have come up with this idea. As to why Danny Mills and Rio Ferdinand are on the list I don't know. Get some people on there who actually know what they're talking about, which apparently is none of those listed.
    Dario Gradi is the only one who's opinion I would accept on a matter involving the Football League. Having been at Crewe for as long as he has, he is probably the only person who has seen how the leagues could be improved/ruined.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody B teams! The concept is such a poor idea and is a major downside of foreign football leagues!

EDIT: I'll never forgive Howard Wilkinson if he passes some guff like this.

ReputationRep:
    Transfer talk already flying... Toszer close to signing permenantly supposedly and club trying to get Vydra back... Best day of the season so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    Dario Gradi is the only one who's opinion I would accept on a matter involving the Football League. Having been at Crewe for as long as he has, he is probably the only person who has seen how the leagues could be improved/ruined.
    Ritchie Humphreys has played in the Football League for 20 years. Somehow I think he knows a thing or two...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Ritchie Humphreys has played in the Football League for 20 years. Somehow I think he knows a thing or two...
    But has only been around since the creation of the Premier League.

At least Gradi offers a view point that transcends generations.

And being Chairman of the PFA doesn't really count for much these days, does it?

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for Brighton v Derby tonight?

Nerves are starting to take effect now but I still think we'll get past them. I'm going for a 1-1 tonight and a comfortable victory back home at the iPro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Predictions for Brighton v Derby tonight?

Nerves are starting to take effect now but I still think we'll get past them. I'm going for a 1-1 tonight and a comfortable victory back home at the iPro.
    I'm going 1-1 as well.

A bit off Topic but I went to see Locke Yesterday - must be the first time Paul Robinson and Steven Caldwell have been mentioned in a film!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I'm going 1-1 as well.

A bit off Topic but I went to see Locke Yesterday - must be the first time Paul Robinson and Steven Caddis have been mentioned in a film!!
    Paul Robinson the bluenose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Paul Robinson the bluenose?
    Yeah I also meant Caldwell not Caddis!!!

ReputationRep:
    Millwalls new kit is just...urgh.

And the incredibly cringey quote on the back.

Worries me what Macron have planned for Leeds' new kit.

ReputationRep:
    One of Cov's directors promising that they will pay ACL the £590k owed from the liquidation process in accordance with a Football League agreement. He knows full well that money isn't getting paid any time soon and the spineless League will cower at the first threat of legal action.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see them punish a club for a situation it is at least partly responsible for.

ReputationRep:
    Two other stupid points the FA wish to introduce...

- "It also wants to develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs."

Oh, so when Watford get loanees from one club, it's wrong, but it'll be fine so long as they're English players from English clubs, most of which are too arrogant and crap to make it to the top anyway.

- "The review also calls for a ban on non-European Union players outside of the top flight"

It's stupid, but it'll mean the Algerian Belkalem can't play for Watford any more, so hey ho, get it signed and in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.