The Student Room Group

Heythrop College Applicants 2011?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by DeniedExistence
They are, I wouldn't worry about that, great vibe, vast majority of people at Heythrop tend to be really friendly, open minded, fun and up for doing things, and even the people who prefer a quieter life tend to be pretty tolerant of other people so that won't be an issue. I've never felt that I'm missing out on anything while being at Heythrop, in fact I'm pretty sure I've had a lot more fun here than some of my mates who go to more well known universities like LSE, Imperial, Royal Holloway etc.

What is the nightlife there for students like? I'm guessing it's very expensive around London? Also do you mix and make friends with other university students while you're there?
Original post by IceCool
What is the nightlife there for students like? I'm guessing it's very expensive around London? Also do you mix and make friends with other university students while you're there?

The nightlife in London's definitely a bit more expensive than other places so it might be a bit of a shock to someone who's used to going out somewhere like Newcastle, though obviously it does depend on which pubs/clubs etc you like to go to, some are much cheaper or more expensive than others so cheaper nights out can be had. Drink prices at some of the famous clubs like Ministry of Sound are a bit of a joke though. However despite stuff being a bit more expensive it's also a lot better than most other places - there are hundreds of different clubs and bars that people can go to, and there's enough variety that no matter what your tastes are there'll be somewhere that can cater for them. Most well known DJs, bands and artists, if they're gonna be playing somewhere in the UK, it'll probably be in London, so there's always something on. I don't think it's possible to get bored in London (unless you run out of money of course, but as long as you spend carefully you should be fine). Heythrop being in Zone 1 is obviously brilliant for going out cos it's very easy to get to a lot of different clubs from there as well.

As for mixing with different universities students this depends, people who are living in Intercollegiate halls will be living alongside them so this'll obviously be easier for them, and there are a lot of student union events at places like ULU where you can mix with other students. Some Heythrop events are done alongside other London colleges as well. I was living in Alban Halls which is 100% Heythrop students so that makes it a bit harder, but as long as you put the effort in it should be alright.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending