The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Anyone going to Middlesex in 2013?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naz_94
Starting in october to study BA interior architecture 😊 so nervous. About parking there, is there definitely nowhere to park?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm going to be studying BA interior Design :smile:
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Hey, Anyone going to be studying BA Interior Design :smile:
Original post by Naz_94
Anybody studying at middlesex and has a somewhere to stay where I could be a house mate??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Side roads lots of them. Most are pay and display or free. You can park unofficially at uni from 4pm for free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
I'm studying Popular Music and living in Platt Hall. Anyone else for either of those things? Also, is anyone else ridiculously excited about living in London?
Reply 104
Original post by jlc11253
I'm studying Popular Music and living in Platt Hall. Anyone else for either of those things? Also, is anyone else ridiculously excited about living in London?

not doing either of those things, but YES. Way excited to be moving to London! :smile:
Reply 105
I'm also going to middlesex, to study BA Law :smile:
Reply 106
im going to be studying Popular Music too. Im in Ivy Halls though
Going to study Graphic design :biggrin:
Reply 108
Should be doing roughly the same then seen as your doing interior design :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by bahonsi
Have they replied to any biomedical Science Students?

Yep they should have let you know by now !!! R u studying biomedical science as well :smile: xx????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Original post by Asfpr3
Hey!!!!i wanted to do biomed ther,is that a good choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same !!! It's really good for sciences like nursing , midwifery , and biomed !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heyyyy!! i Will be studying BA Criminology, and living at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Is anyone else having problems getting their timetables on the Unihub?
got my timetable 3 days of lectures. labs and seminars. definitely going 2 be different :mmm:
Lots of people had that problem... I still don't have access to my timetables. Don't worry, we all will get them :smile:

Original post by jlc11253
Is anyone else having problems getting their timetables on the Unihub?
Reply 115
Hey guys,
Im doing Accounting and finance (Boring, I know:tongue:) and I dint get a place in the halls, so Im flat sharing and well my housemates are kinda mellow. So I was hoping to get to know or chat with people who like to go on night outs and have some fun! :biggrin:

Cheers!
Reply 116
Original post by LaetitiaAaronK
Just firmed Middlesex University for healthcare science (neurophysiology) pathway. Anybody else?...:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. I have an interview for neurophysiology at Middlesex on the 20th. I am really nervous because it is my first choice and hope that you can help me. We are having a group discussion (I am not sure if this is similar to your interview) but do you have any useful tips and advice about what to expect. What kind of things did they ask? And how long after your interview did you find out you were accepted. Thanks.
Original post by Dodey
Hey. I have an interview for neurophysiology at Middlesex on the 20th. I am really nervous because it is my first choice and hope that you can help me. We are having a group discussion (I am not sure if this is similar to your interview) but do you have any useful tips and advice about what to expect. What kind of things did they ask? And how long after your interview did you find out you were accepted. Thanks.

I remember this time last year when that was me. loool ur so lucky cuz more people r doing this. @mdx now there r only twelve people in the class. (most students r doing audiology)

all I can remember is that it was a group interview. we were asked question like:

introduce urself
subjects taken for A levels
why neurophysiology
answer scenario questions like:

shoulds everybody be entitled to free health care?

also how the nhs make profit

how to treat patient who might have HIV ?.. (dunno why)

they will defo most likely ask u how an electroencephalogram works on a refered patient
maybe the job role of neurophysiologist

God I wish I could remember more. sorry but hope this helps :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by LaetitiaAaronK
I remember this time last year when that was me. loool ur so lucky cuz more people r doing this. @mdx now there r only twelve people in the class. (most students r doing audiology)

all I can remember is that it was a group interview. we were asked question like:

introduce urself
subjects taken for A levels
why neurophysiology
answer scenario questions like:

shoulds everybody be entitled to free health care?

also how the nhs make profit

how to treat patient who might have HIV ?.. (dunno why)

they will defo most likely ask u how an electroencephalogram works on a refered patient
maybe the job role of neurophysiologist

God I wish I could remember more. sorry but hope this helps :smile:

I am actually quite worried that there are more people applying because that means the competition will be greater. Its surprising that most people are doing audiology, I would have thought that cardiology would have been the most popular. When you said only 12 people in the class do you mean just for neurophysiology? How many boys and girls are in your class? On the open day I spoke to Marc Rayan and he said they are only accepting 12 people for our year too. For the interview: Do you need to know much about the NHS? Do you get asked anything about what you have written in your personal statement? Is the interview quite casual? I don't know what to wear - smart casual should be fine right? Thanks for all your help you have told me a lot more than I expected. I just have a few more questions - sorry your probably sick of me already. What is the course like (how difficult is it)? Do you write a lot of essays? Have you been on any placements yet - if so how were they? Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. lol
Original post by Dodey
I am actually quite worried that there are more people applying because that means the competition will be greater. Its surprising that most people are doing audiology, I would have thought that cardiology would have been the most popular. When you said only 12 people in the class do you mean just for neurophysiology? How many boys and girls are in your class? On the open day I spoke to Marc Rayan and he said they are only accepting 12 people for our year too. For the interview: Do you need to know much about the NHS? Do you get asked anything about what you have written in your personal statement? Is the interview quite casual? I don't know what to wear - smart casual should be fine right? Thanks for all your help you have told me a lot more than I expected. I just have a few more questions - sorry your probably sick of me already. What is the course like (how difficult is it)? Do you write a lot of essays? Have you been on any placements yet - if so how were they? Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. lol

I am not sick of u. actually wished that I had some for eat had experiences when I first applied...

don't be worried the interview was actually more causal. dress casual smart. the group interview was harder 4 me because its easy to get swallowed up by louder personalities. so always answer a question don't sit silently.

(I though my one one interview @Portsmouth was easier in my opinion)

Marc Ryan is my main tutor. he is really funny...

I was not asked about personal statements just the subjects I took at A levels

u don't need to know loads about the NHS

There some people in cardiac but most of them are older on their second degree. All of the younger people are in audio.

Neuro is more interesting because u get 2 c more neurological training like electroencephalogram, nerve conduction studies, visual evoked potentials and many others.

audiology only fit eat pieces (very limited -my opinion)

As for how hard it is. I think the first year is just about the basic anatomy and physiology of the brain. second year is the disease states. its been good so far. audio and neuron share the same classes in the first year.

We don't write any essays really. I have not. Its different from high school because the teachers don't chase u. u turn up for lectures and go home to research 4 urself

I am currently on placement in Cambridge University Hospital. some people are places in kings college, great ormond street hospital. it depends u get 2 choose

hope it helps u... :smile: good luck:top:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending