The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tpos
Why would someone be born without a father?

Allah says " Be" and it is.

That's like circular reasoning though

Unlike the birth of isa (as), the preservation of prophets can easily be subjected to examination right here, right now. If a grave of a prophet were to be dug up right now, I would bet that it would be decomposed.

I know it's all supposed to be miracles etc, but still...

Anyway, let's not dwell on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Up quark
I know the rate of decomposition depends upon many factors, but bodies buried under the ground which are thousands of years old will have no sign of decomposition? (Would their bones even remain by then? :s-smilie:)

Why would they be exempt from such a natural process?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please keep in mind that this thread is not for debate. However, I will briefly mention one thing so that you don't feel as though you are being brushed aside:

When the people of Musa (peace be upon him) were given permission to leave the enslavement of Fir'aun, and then were later pursued by him, why were they allowed across the water whereas he was drowned? Why were they exempt from such a natural process?

In your answer to the above question, you shall find the reply to your own question. What follows are some ayaat:

أَوْ كَالَّذِي مَرَّ عَلَىٰ قَرْيَةٍ وَهِيَ خَاوِيَةٌ عَلَىٰ عُرُوشِهَا قَالَ أَنَّىٰ يُحْيِي هَٰذِهِ اللَّهُ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا ۖ فَأَمَاتَهُ اللَّهُ مِائَةَ عَامٍ ثُمَّ بَعَثَهُ ۖ قَالَ كَمْ لَبِثْتَ ۖ قَالَ لَبِثْتُ يَوْمًا أَوْ بَعْضَ يَوْمٍ ۖ قَالَ بَل لَّبِثْتَ مِائَةَ عَامٍ فَانظُرْ إِلَىٰ طَعَامِكَ وَشَرَابِكَ لَمْ يَتَسَنَّهْ ۖ وَانظُرْ إِلَىٰ حِمَارِكَ وَلِنَجْعَلَكَ آيَةً لِّلنَّاسِ ۖ وَانظُرْ إِلَى الْعِظَامِ كَيْفَ نُنشِزُهَا ثُمَّ نَكْسُوهَا لَحْمًا ۚ فَلَمَّا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ قَالَ أَعْلَمُ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Or [consider such an example] as the one who passed by a township which had fallen into ruin. He said, "How will Allah bring this to life after its death?" So Allah caused him to die for a hundred years; then He revived him. He said, "How long have you remained?" The man said, "I have remained a day or part of a day." He said, "Rather, you have remained one hundred years. Look at your food and your drink; it has not changed with time. And look at your donkey; and We will make you a sign for the people. And look at the bones [of this donkey] - how We raise them and then We cover them with flesh." And when it became clear to him, he said, "I know that Allah is over all things competent."
[Surah al-Baqarah]

أَوَلَمْ يَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَلَمْ يَعْيَ بِخَلْقِهِنَّ بِقَادِرٍ عَلَىٰ أَن يُحْيِيَ الْمَوْتَىٰ ۚ بَلَىٰ إِنَّهُ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Do they not see that Allah , who created the heavens and earth and did not fail in their creation, is able to give life to the dead? Yes. Indeed, He is over all things competent.
[Surah al-Ahqaaf]

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِن كُنتُمْ فِي رَيْبٍ مِّنَ الْبَعْثِ فَإِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ عَلَقَةٍ ثُمَّ مِن مُّضْغَةٍ مُّخَلَّقَةٍ وَغَيْرِ مُخَلَّقَةٍ لِّنُبَيِّنَ لَكُمْ ۚ وَنُقِرُّ فِي الْأَرْحَامِ مَا نَشَاءُ إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى ثُمَّ نُخْرِجُكُمْ طِفْلًا ثُمَّ لِتَبْلُغُوا أَشُدَّكُمْ ۖ وَمِنكُم مَّن يُتَوَفَّىٰ وَمِنكُم مَّن يُرَدُّ إِلَىٰ أَرْذَلِ الْعُمُرِ لِكَيْلَا يَعْلَمَ مِن بَعْدِ عِلْمٍ شَيْئًا ۚ وَتَرَى الْأَرْضَ هَامِدَةً فَإِذَا أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْهَا الْمَاءَ اهْتَزَّتْ وَرَبَتْ وَأَنبَتَتْ مِن كُلِّ زَوْجٍ بَهِيجٍ

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنَّهُ يُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ وَأَنَّهُ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

O People, if you should be in doubt about the Resurrection, then [consider that] indeed, We created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a clinging clot, and then from a lump of flesh, formed and unformed - that We may show you. And We settle in the wombs whom We will for a specified term, then We bring you out as a child, and then [We develop you] that you may reach your [time of] maturity. And among you is he who is taken in [early] death, and among you is he who is returned to the most decrepit [old] age so that he knows, after [once having] knowledge, nothing. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down upon it rain, it quivers and swells and grows [something] of every beautiful kind.

That is because Allah is the Truth and because He gives life to the dead and because He is over all things competent
[Surah al-Haj]
Ok, brother

Ameen.

I've noticed that the phrase does seem to be thrown around very loosely whenever someone can't fully answer a question, or is in a losing battle against a non-Muslim though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get what you mean, brother. But at the end of the day, there is nothing wrong in that, in and of itself - to discontinue discussion because you are acknowledging that you are not All-knowing, because of humbling yourself before the knowledge of Allah ta'ala.
Each person may try to discuss a matter in so far as he or she feels able to do so. To draw the line is not at all blameworthy, it is rather being humble before Him.
Original post by Tpos

There is no need for that, sister. Rather we should seek understanding, we should seek advice from the Quran on a personal level, we should seek to develop our relationship with our Rabb and acknowledge His power over all.
Interesting read:

From the Croissant to the Cartoons: France's Islamophobic Legacy: http://www.islam21c.com/politics/the-croissant/
I was in sujood the other day, I hear a car lose control and crash subhanAllah. Then I wondered if Allah took that person's soul, and how lucky I was to be perhaps be praying one last rakah for my lord.
Reply 1206
Original post by ash92:)
There is no need for that, sister. Rather we should seek understanding, we should seek advice from the Quran on a personal level, we should seek to develop our relationship with our Rabb and acknowledge His power over all.

I admit my response initially was due to a lack of patience and I know it sounded wrong. However I thought about it and realised I could turn it into a better point. But nvm I've deleted it now.
So cute ^-^ Ameen!
Please keep in mind that this thread is not for debate. However, I will briefly mention one thing so that you don't feel as though you are being brushed aside:

When the people of Musa (peace be upon him) were given permission to leave the enslavement of Fir'aun, and then were later pursued by him, why were they allowed across the water whereas he was drowned? Why were they exempt from such a natural process?

In your answer to the above question, you shall find the reply to your own question. What follows are some ayaat:

أَوْ كَالَّذِي مَرَّ عَلَىٰ قَرْيَةٍ وَهِيَ خَاوِيَةٌ عَلَىٰ عُرُوشِهَا قَالَ أَنَّىٰ يُحْيِي هَٰذِهِ اللَّهُ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا ۖ فَأَمَاتَهُ اللَّهُ مِائَةَ عَامٍ ثُمَّ بَعَثَهُ ۖ قَالَ كَمْ لَبِثْتَ ۖ قَالَ لَبِثْتُ يَوْمًا أَوْ بَعْضَ يَوْمٍ ۖ قَالَ بَل لَّبِثْتَ مِائَةَ عَامٍ فَانظُرْ إِلَىٰ طَعَامِكَ وَشَرَابِكَ لَمْ يَتَسَنَّهْ ۖ وَانظُرْ إِلَىٰ حِمَارِكَ وَلِنَجْعَلَكَ آيَةً لِّلنَّاسِ ۖ وَانظُرْ إِلَى الْعِظَامِ كَيْفَ نُنشِزُهَا ثُمَّ نَكْسُوهَا لَحْمًا ۚ فَلَمَّا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ قَالَ أَعْلَمُ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Or [consider such an example] as the one who passed by a township which had fallen into ruin. He said, "How will Allah bring this to life after its death?" So Allah caused him to die for a hundred years; then He revived him. He said, "How long have you remained?" The man said, "I have remained a day or part of a day." He said, "Rather, you have remained one hundred years. Look at your food and your drink; it has not changed with time. And look at your donkey; and We will make you a sign for the people. And look at the bones [of this donkey] - how We raise them and then We cover them with flesh." And when it became clear to him, he said, "I know that Allah is over all things competent."
[Surah al-Baqarah]

أَوَلَمْ يَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَلَمْ يَعْيَ بِخَلْقِهِنَّ بِقَادِرٍ عَلَىٰ أَن يُحْيِيَ الْمَوْتَىٰ ۚ بَلَىٰ إِنَّهُ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Do they not see that Allah , who created the heavens and earth and did not fail in their creation, is able to give life to the dead? Yes. Indeed, He is over all things competent.
[Surah al-Ahqaaf]

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِن كُنتُمْ فِي رَيْبٍ مِّنَ الْبَعْثِ فَإِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ عَلَقَةٍ ثُمَّ مِن مُّضْغَةٍ مُّخَلَّقَةٍ وَغَيْرِ مُخَلَّقَةٍ لِّنُبَيِّنَ لَكُمْ ۚ وَنُقِرُّ فِي الْأَرْحَامِ مَا نَشَاءُ إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى ثُمَّ نُخْرِجُكُمْ طِفْلًا ثُمَّ لِتَبْلُغُوا أَشُدَّكُمْ ۖ وَمِنكُم مَّن يُتَوَفَّىٰ وَمِنكُم مَّن يُرَدُّ إِلَىٰ أَرْذَلِ الْعُمُرِ لِكَيْلَا يَعْلَمَ مِن بَعْدِ عِلْمٍ شَيْئًا ۚ وَتَرَى الْأَرْضَ هَامِدَةً فَإِذَا أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْهَا الْمَاءَ اهْتَزَّتْ وَرَبَتْ وَأَنبَتَتْ مِن كُلِّ زَوْجٍ بَهِيجٍ

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنَّهُ يُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ وَأَنَّهُ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

O People, if you should be in doubt about the Resurrection, then [consider that] indeed, We created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a clinging clot, and then from a lump of flesh, formed and unformed - that We may show you. And We settle in the wombs whom We will for a specified term, then We bring you out as a child, and then [We develop you] that you may reach your [time of] maturity. And among you is he who is taken in [early] death, and among you is he who is returned to the most decrepit [old] age so that he knows, after [once having] knowledge, nothing. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down upon it rain, it quivers and swells and grows [something] of every beautiful kind.

That is because Allah is the Truth and because He gives life to the dead and because He is over all things competent
[Surah al-Haj]

Ok, this will be my last post about this topic on here.

Is there any proof for the parting of the sea by Musa (as)?

If there is no evidence, such a story can be meaningful to one person, (and hence your question is still valid), but it can also be meaningless to another person (and hence your question is not valid).

Jazakallah khair for the verses. It does reinforce the idea of the qadr of allah azza wa jal
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tpos
I admit my response initially was due to a lack of patience and I know it sounded wrong. However I thought about it and realised I could turn it into a better point. But nvm I've deleted it now.

:h:

Ok, this will be my last post about this topic on here.

Is there any proof for the parting of the sea by Musa (as)?

If there is no evidence, such a story can be meaningful to one person, (and hence your question is still valid), but it can also be meaningless to another person (and hence your question is not valid).

Jazakallah khair for the verses. It does reinforce the idea of the qadr of allah azza wa jal
Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:
Proof as in archaeological evidence? I'm not an archaeologist bro :tongue:
Alas, it has been estimated to have been around four thousand years ago, so idk if any evidence would remain. What the Quran has said is that Fir'aun has been made as sign for people of his time and for people after that.

And this touches upon the matter that the mu'jizaat (miracles) of God's power as shown through the Anbiyaa' (Prophets) (peace be upon them) were largely there for their people to see. Whereas the Quran was the primary miracle for the Khaatam an-Nabiyyeen (peace be upon him) to present to his people - and it was this miracle that overwhelmed the people.
Salaam

Christian
theology vs Muslim. Shocking & FUNNY Ending - Mini-Version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0_iluq6uus
(edited 9 years ago)
x

Don't take this the wrong way but why don't you move on? :h: Sure you like some things about Islam but clearly you don't believe.
Walaykum asalaam everyone

Hope you're all well :smile:
Original post by Mary562
Walaykum asalaam everyone

Hope you're all well :smile:

I love how u make a post like this everyday. JazakAllahu khayran sis how r u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
I was in sujood the other day, I hear a car lose control and crash subhanAllah. Then I wondered if Allah took that person's soul, and how lucky I was to be perhaps be praying one last rakah for my lord.

SubhanAllah

Original post by beautifulxxx
I love how u make a post like this everyday. JazakAllahu khayran sis how r u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks :hugs:
I'm good alhamdulillah
Ok, brother

Ameen.

I've noticed that the phrase does seem to be thrown around very loosely whenever someone can't fully answer a question, or is in a losing battle against a non-Muslim though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry but these are all secondary matters. I know that doesn't sound very helpful, but it's the truth - these things only ever seem to be problems when you're generally in a bad place. People tend to project their feelings onto specific things when they can't pin them down. So even if you get 100% satisfying answers to these issues, it won't make a difference unless you can find the root cause. I suggest you take some time to search within and find out where the root problem is, and ask yourself some fundamental questions. Read about Imam Ghazali and his experiences and how he overcame similar struggles you are facing.
Original post by Incredible97
Salaam

Christian Scholar vs Muslim. Shocking & FUNNY Ending - Mini-Version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0_iluq6uus

kaloosamalakusa-wut? :lolwut:

Let's be honest, he wasn't at all a Christian scholar. He was a theology student and and evangelist. Yes, perhaps better versed than the average Christian. But not a scholar.
kaloosamalakusa-wut? :lolwut:

Let's be honest, he wasn't at all a Christian scholar. He was a theology student and and evangelist. Yes, perhaps better versed than the average Christian. But not a scholar.

I guess ur right tbh.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending