Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    Trust me, I am far from calm. The idea of knowing your future will be decided in just 6 days is freaking SCARY!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tell me about it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6 days :eek:

Omgomg. And I come home from Glasgow today so I've got nothing to distract myself anymore

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here firmed the University of Kent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    6 days :eek:

Omgomg. And I come home from Glasgow today so I've got nothing to distract myself anymore
    I don't have anything to distract me either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything to distract me either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you guys made a word document of all the information you might possibly need just incase you have to go into clearing? That takes couple of hours, if you need something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiccupingDuck)
    Tell me about it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like **** I don't know what to expect. How are you keeping yourself busy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Like **** I don't know what to expect. How are you keeping yourself busy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm basically watching tv series after tv series.. It seems to make the day go faster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys made a word document of all the information you might possibly need just incase you have to go into clearing? That takes couple of hours, if you need something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm I never thought of that. Good idea :hand: Do you mind telling me what kind of information you included in there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did a word document of all my details because you forget those when you're stressed, all details of my firm and insurance (including modules and why I want to study it so much)
    Also possible other subjects with much lower ucas points and their grades as well. Phone numbers and addresses of unis. and quotes from my personal statement that link to the applied course.

And also my results when I get them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    Peachy.
    Peachy? Wow! I wish I were feeling that way but :clap2: for you.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, for medicine clearing isn't really applicable. I am considering ringing up random med schools and crying and begging though I own it will be a bit aimless :teehee:

The worst part is sitting the UKCAT again :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardusername)
    It SOUNDS really low but the marking is so harsh that it isn't that low at all!
    I reckon it'll be about 39ish for a B, which is slightly higher than it was in January (or around that anyway) (I THINK)
    I thought this exam was harder personally but in general, I seem to be the only person to think that so it might be loads higher!
    Yeah I looked at the boundaries for january 2012 and it was only 39/84 for a B so hopefully this year they won't have put the marks up higher than like 42 or something, I want a B really bad but with my coursework I know it's gonna put me down so idk, will just have to hope it's a B and if not I can always resit. Ah right, did you do the book The Great Gatsby?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Frustrated, I've had a bad LoL day. :mad:
    Aw :console:

ReputationRep:
    Feels like my innards are about to drop out my arse :dong:

ReputationRep:
    I did a word document of all my details because you forget those when you're stressed, all details of my firm and insurance (including modules and why I want to study it so much)
    Also possible other subjects with much lower ucas points and their grades as well. Phone numbers and addresses of unis. and quotes from my personal statement that link to the applied course.

And also my results when I get them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a really good idea.

I don't want to be tempting fate though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    That's a really good idea.

I don't want to be tempting fate though
    Haha i felt the same! Making a list for clearing implies that all is lost..but as long as there is 6 days left i shall live in blissful ignorance and still stay hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joy_to_the_world)
    Haha i felt the same! Making a list for clearing implies that all is lost..but as long as there is 6 days left i shall live in blissful ignorance and still stay hopeful.
    That's my plan too :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joy_to_the_world)
    I'd still rather have it just incase, if not ill be rushing around and stressed to ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_louise21)
    Same I dont get how people can be so confident. I go through stages where I think ive done alright and then next minute i feel like ive failed...just really cant call it at all. I also need a BBB what course are you doing ?
    Yeah, exactly!:/ I'm (hopefully) doing Chemistry... I want to do Chemistry, anyway!:L &Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'd still rather have it just incase, if not ill be rushing around and stressed to ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand where you're coming from. I don't plan to go through clearing nor my insurance. If i can't get into my firm, i plan to resit. But I hope it will not come to that..

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.