Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    Not my fault people keep commenting. Also my original question was 'is there a website' (to pay the money to)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No-one is making you come back and post in the thread more. You're just opening yourself up to people making more comments and asking more questions. If it's bothering you, do what you said you're supposed to be doing and stop putting yourself in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    He's happy, he is so chilled about everything and just deals with what comes; I'm the worrier

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't worry, but I would have trouble sleeping if I was in your shoes.

(Original post by Ronove)
    If she dropped out because of mental health problems, or has had them since, it was probably a very good idea for her to choose not to deal with the people who work at the Job Centre on a regular basis. I'm just guessing here.

And the idea that a guy must be 'under the thumb' or terrified of losing his girlfriend as the only reasons for 'putting up with' this kind of thing is daft.
    That is again absolute no excuse for not claiming a benefit you are entitled too. Have you been on JSA before? Yes the people there are absolute *****, they talk to you like ****, they patronise you, they tell you too work for free to "build experience". But guess what, most people don't have an option other than to put up with it, because they need the £60.

What? So if you and your partner were in financial ruin, and he could add almost £200 to your monthly budget too relieve some of the pressure, but he won't because people at the job centre are mean, you wouldn't be annoyed with him? :lol:

Why else is he happy to let her sit in the house on TSR earning nothing? Because without her, he probably has nothing else, and doesn't want to rock the boat by telling her to man up and go claim JSA.

ReputationRep:
    No-one is making you come back and post in the thread more. You're just opening yourself up to people making more comments and asking more questions. If it's bothering you, do what you said you're supposed to be doing and stop putting yourself in that situation.
    I got an email saying the thread had been closed so I'm not sure why it hasn't been

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Once I have a job our finances will be fine. Even if we're both on minimum wage, 37 hours a week we'll be earning 20,000+ after tax combined, which is more than enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But you have admitted yourself you have been unemployed for something like 9 months. It's all well and good if you were both on the minimum wage, but you aren't.

Have you called the SLC number, since you have had all day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    That is again absolute no excuse for not claiming a benefit you are entitled too. Have you been on JSA before? Yes the people there are absolute *****, they talk to you like ****, they patronise you, they tell you too work for free to "build experience". But guess what, most people don't have an option other than to put up with it, because they need the £60.

What? So if you and your partner were in financial ruin, and he could add almost £200 to your monthly budget too relieve some of the pressure, but he won't because people at the job centre are mean, you wouldn't be annoyed with him? :lol:

Why else is he happy to let her sit in the house on TSR earning nothing? Because without her, he probably has nothing else, and doesn't want to rock the boat by telling her to man up and go claim JSA.
    If my partner was suffering from mental health problems and the Job Centre situation was making them worse, I would absolutely support him in avoiding that for a while, as long as he was seeking help for the problem. And especially if he was applying for jobs regardless! You really have no idea what her partner thinks about the situation.

ReputationRep:
    He's happy, he is so chilled about everything and just deals with what comes; I'm the worrier

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would not be chilled earning £300 a week, rent taking up 2 thirds of my income and a girlfriend sitting at home doing nothing. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    But you have admitted yourself you have been unemployed for something like 9 months. It's all well and good if you were both on the minimum wage, but you aren't.

Have you called the SLC number, since you have had all day?
    Yes, three times but I was on hold for 30 minutes, 35 minutes and then 25 minutes so I gave up. I'm dreading my phone bill. I'm going to phone again when it's 'off peak' tomorrow morning as soon as it opens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    I would not be chilled earning £300 a week, rent taking up 2 thirds of my income and a girlfriend sitting at home doing nothing. :lol:
    That's you, though, isn't it. He doesn't care about money.

I job-search all day.

ReputationRep:
    If my partner was suffering from mental health problems and the Job Centre situation was making them worse, I would absolutely support him in avoiding that for a while, as long as he was seeking help for the problem. And especially if he was applying for jobs regardless! You really have no idea what her partner thinks about the situation.
    I had depression when I was claiming JSA after leaving a job through stress, It got so bad it cost me a 3 year relationship with my then GF, but the job centre didn't make it worse, it was just a ****ty chore I had to do once every 2 weeks to make sure I got my poxy £57. Don't talk to me about mental health like I don't have a clue :lol:

She's using it as an excuse. Surprise Surprise eh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't worry, but I would have trouble sleeping if I was in your shoes.

actually, he's very anti-benefits so he wouldn't want me getting it anyway

ReputationRep:
    I had depression when I was claiming JSA after leaving a job through stress, It got so bad it cost me a 3 year relationship with my then GF, but the job centre didn't make it worse, it was just a ****ty chore I had to do once every 2 weeks to make sure I got my poxy £57. Don't talk to me about mental health like I don't have a clue :lol:

She's using it as an excuse. Surprise Surprise eh :lol:
    not all mental health is the same...

ReputationRep:
    Exactly :yy:

Yes, three times but I was on hold for 30 minutes, 35 minutes and then 25 minutes so I gave up. I'm dreading my phone bill. I'm going to phone again when it's 'off peak' tomorrow morning as soon as it opens
    It's a free number proving your contract or PAYG tariff has free inclusive minutes.

Do you get an allowance of minutes with your phone, alongside your texts and data?

ReputationRep:
    actually, he's very anti-benefits so he wouldn't want me getting it anyway
    Anti benefits? Yes so am I when it's some little chav or drug users claiming them whilst not looking for work.

You aren't either of those, are you? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Exactly :yy:

It's a free number proving your contract or PAYG tariff has free inclusive minutes.

Do you get an allowance of minutes with your phone, alongside your texts and data?
    No, i just get data, then I pay for whatever texts and minutes i use separately (as I basically just use whatsapp)

ReputationRep:
    not all mental health is the same...
    You have anxiety yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Anti benefits? Yes so am I when it's some little chav or drug users claiming them whilst not looking for work.

You aren't either of those, are you? :lol:
    only prescription...

ReputationRep:
    You have anxiety yeah?
    I have more than anxiety, but i'm not going to go into my mental health in detail on here

ReputationRep:
    That's you, though, isn't it. He doesn't care about money.

I job-search all day.
    Unfortunately you have to care about money in life, especially when you're barely earning enough to cover your basic costs of rent, food, bills and travel, not to mention paying for someone else (i.e. you) to live.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately you have to care about money in life, especially when you're barely earning enough to cover your basic costs of rent, food, bills and travel, not to mention paying for someone else (i.e. you) to live.
    again, once I have a job we won't need to worry about money

ReputationRep:
    No, i just get data, then I pay for whatever texts and minutes i use separately (as I basically just use whatsapp)
    So in 2015, you are paying upwards of 28p per minute to call your BF. I quite frankly do not believe you. There is literally not a single telecommunications provider on the market who has packages that doesn't include even 50 free minutes on the lowest deal, and that's PAYG or PAYM.

only prescription...
    So whats the problem? You aren't avoiding work? You aren't on cocaine? You aren't on Jezza Kyle? Why be anti-benefit if it will only improve you and your partners current quality of life?

It's just crazy what you are doing! :lol:

I have more than anxiety, but i'm not going to go into my mental health in detail on here
    That's unfortunate to hear. But your attitude to resolving situations can't be helping those problems. You are causing yourself stress.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.