The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have PO3 Interview coming up this week does anyone know what type of questions will be asked. really nervous!
Reply 141
Hi Louise, I have my face to face interview this Friday. If you don't mind can you share what questions they asked you so I can prepare. Thanks
Reply 142
At the panel interview they ask you a couple of questions for each of the competencies.
Original post by Sam8891
Hi Louise, I have my face to face interview this Friday. If you don't mind can you share what questions they asked you so I can prepare. Thanks

They will ask you questions on the 4 key competencies so make sure you have some good examples to use, in my case I used the same ones I used in the application but you will have to elaborate because they ask more questions in between, in my opinion they want to make sure the skills you have are transferable to do the job, it's conducted by 2 people and it lasts around 30 mins
Does anyone know how long the civil service pre-employment checks take?
Reply 145
I got my conditional offer about 3 weeks ago now and they've only just asked me for my references after filling out about 300 forms and still no start date so I'd say about a month if my experience is typical
Original post by BMoiz_
I got my conditional offer about 3 weeks ago now and they've only just asked me for my references after filling out about 300 forms and still no start date so I'd say about a month if my experience is typical

What position did u apply and is it in their london office? I got my offer last friday and filled in the 4 forms and sent them of on monday.
Reply 147
PO1 in Liverpool. Once I'd filled the initial forms out and sent them back I waited about two weeks before I was sent an online form to fill out. It's been a week since I completed that (the deadline was today) and now I'm waiting for them to contact my references which they only asked for on Monday. Fingers crossed I'll get my start date the first week of December, a full month after I started the pre-employment checks
Original post by BMoiz_
PO1 in Liverpool. Once I'd filled the initial forms out and sent them back I waited about two weeks before I was sent an online form to fill out. It's been a week since I completed that (the deadline was today) and now I'm waiting for them to contact my references which they only asked for on Monday. Fingers crossed I'll get my start date the first week of December, a full month after I started the pre-employment checks

I see. Thanks for the information. Will probably take the same amount of time for me then.
Hi Louise,

Pls advise me I am going for a panel interview on Friday, very nervous, not good with interviews:frown:(. Pls advise how they start with a interview for example what question they will ask first? Tell me about yourself? or will they go straight into asking give me an example competency question........

I would be so grateful for any help that u r able to give.
Hey!

The only questions I remember being asked outwith the competency ones (two per competency, so eight in total) were "why do you want this job?" They asked me that first, so I'd have an answer prepared.

Otherwise it was all competency questions and over in 20 mins even though they said it'd take 45. :smile:
Hi Louise - Thanks so much for your help and your quick response. I know you are going to do well in your job! I am off to Wales for the interview have been worried about the accent and be able to understand the questions, but have tried to prepare myself as much as you possibly can.
Thank u and God Bless you!
Original post by LouiseMiller
Hey!

The only questions I remember being asked outwith the competency ones (two per competency, so eight in total) were "why do you want this job?" They asked me that first, so I'd have an answer prepared.

Otherwise it was all competency questions and over in 20 mins even though they said it'd take 45. :smile:

Another question Louise, how does the pre employment checks works? Did you have to wait long? How many forms did you had to fill in?
Has anyone had an email with a phone interview outcome for PO1 based in liverpool ? Xx
Hi Louise,

I was right to be nervous. Attended my interview today. Never ever been treated so rudely by the interview panel member from manpower.

Although I answered well, I do not hold much hope.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
Reply 155
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. Is anyone starting PO3 in Liverpool? I start evenings on Monday the 1st. Just wondering if anyone else is starting the same time as me and if they are nervous too??
Original post by Snoopyuk33
Not sure I know the contract is for 2 years with possibilities to become permanent, now regarding your hours the best thing to do is asking them, I can't see you wouldnt be able to change to full time but if you working full time now and you decided to go part time with them you may lose out think carefully

Hi Snoopy Uk33

Any update since the last email on 21/11/2014
Original post by Yazdani_uk
Hi Snoopy Uk33

Any update since the last email on 21/11/2014

Well since a conditional offer was made, I had to fill 3 or 4 different forms one had to be sent by post and the others by email, I had nothing after that, what about yourself?
Original post by Snoopyuk33
Well since a conditional offer was made, I had to fill 3 or 4 different forms one had to be sent by post and the others by email, I had nothing after that, what about yourself?

Same I had to email 3 forms and posted 2
Hi, new to the thread. I've applied for PO1 Liverpool, had to resit the assessment due to a fault so I'm probably behind. I'm super nervous about the outcome. Anyone heard about phone interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending