The Student Room Group

Passport picture when becoming a hijabi?

Hi everyone, I recently started wearing the hijab and so I was wondering what would need to happen for passport or like provisional licenses? Would it be an issue if I’m wearing the hijab but my picture is with my hair out? I am underaged currently too as I’m 17 so don’t know if that has any impact but would I need to update it?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, I recently started wearing the hijab and so I was wondering what would need to happen for passport or like provisional licenses? Would it be an issue if I’m wearing the hijab but my picture is with my hair out? I am underaged currently too as I’m 17 so don’t know if that has any impact but would I need to update it?

I don't think so. I'm a hijabi too and haven't had any problems like that, As long as you still look the same but they may ask to see your ears though
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by hat25
I don't think so. I'm a hijabi too and haven't had any problems like that, As long as you still look the same but they may ask to see your ears though

The guidance from HM Passport Office has no requirement for the ears to be visible.

See https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/303780/Photoguidance_v7.pdf

You'll see that no ears are visible on the lady on page 2 (third row, first column) which is labelled as "Approved".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending