Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    He gets £300 a week. (Roughly £1200 a month). Rent is £195 a week. Bills are £42 a week (20 council tax, 7 water, 15 gas/leccy). Food is £25 a week. Petrol is £35 a week. I'm not on job seekers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    why are you paying similar rent prices to central london when youre in the north?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    why are you paying similar rent prices to central london when youre in the north?
    i'm in east midlands. Our rent is £660 (I think I may have said 195 instead of 165 earlier, apologies) but I don't think that's like london prices at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    Because funnily enough, I had a car and a multitude of other things to pay for. Depression doesn't have to prevent you working, as much as it emotional cripples every other aspect of your life.

Normally plain and terribly mundane tasks like work aren't happy anyway, so going in depressed isn't usually effecting much.

I am not being a ****, you have started supporting her excuses after she dropped her little whiney post last night telling people to leave her alone :lol:
    I didn't ask why you were getting benefits, I asked why you were getting JSA. You can't have had that bad a case of depression if you were still able to work. If you don't want people to think you know nothing about mental illness then don't spout ridiculous nonsense like the stuff in the post I'm replying to. Having had a bout of mild to moderate depression does not make you the all-knowing mental illness guru. As OP said, all mental illness is not the same.

I knew you were clueless the second you posted 'You have anxiety yeah?' to the OP. You made an assumption that that was the only problem she had, when if you knew anything about anything, you would know that it was likely one small part of a larger problem.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any friends :s

I'm gonna have to get a small loan, tis the only way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    loan would be much more than bailiffs. It's bailiffs on steroids harassing you for pretty much the rest of your life. Maybe pawn something at the pawn shop? Another option you could consider is getting a part-time job with a couple of hours probably wouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours to get the money to pay this off which in my opinion is much better than getting a loan and the £20.00 turning into £20,000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I didn't ask why you were getting benefits, I asked why you were getting JSA. You can't have had that bad a case of depression if you were still able to work. If you don't want people to think you know nothing about mental illness then don't spout ridiculous nonsense like the stuff in the post I'm replying to. Having had a bout of mild to moderate depression does not make you the all-knowing mental illness guru. As OP said, all mental illness is not the same.

I knew you were clueless the second you posted 'You have anxiety yeah?' to the OP. You made an assumption that that was the only problem she had, when if you knew anything about anything, you would know that it was likely one small part of a larger problem.
    No point arguing the OP is going to be some bailiff scums happy days. Seriously someone lend the op £20.00

ReputationRep:
    i'm in east midlands. Our rent is £660 (I think I may have said 195 instead of 165 earlier, apologies) but I don't think that's like london prices at all
    including council tax, youre paying near 750 a month. thats like 9k a year? you cannot be living in a small flat with that much rent cost, impossible outside of london.

ReputationRep:
    including council tax, youre paying near 750 a month. thats like 9k a year? you cannot be living in a small flat with that much rent cost, impossible outside of london.
    We live in a mid-terrace. The rent includes insurance, window cleaners and tv licence

ReputationRep:

Taking 50mg of anti depressants (I had to take an adrenaline based pill due to my iron levels and something that my dad has which my have been undiagnosed in me at the time), doesn't necessarily prevent people from working or looking for work. Thats why I was claiming JSA. Because I wanted and needed to work.

Some people have light depression and only see a psychiatrist, yet they take months off work. Others take anti depressants in very large doses, so it's got absolutely nothing to do with the severity of the apparent case.

You knew I was clueless, yet you condemned your own post about "not all mental illness being the same" after saying mine can't have been that serious :lol: :lol: Bravo genius, trying to tar me with a brush that is already covering you :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Taking 50mg of anti depressants (I had to take an adrenaline based pill due to my iron levels and something that my dad has which my have been undiagnosed in me at the time), doesn't necessarily prevent people from working or looking for work. Thats why I was claiming JSA. Because I wanted and needed to work.

Some people have light depression and only see a psychiatrist, yet they take months off work. Others take anti depressants in very large doses, so it's got absolutely nothing to do with the severity of the apparent case.

You knew I was clueless, yet you condemned your own post about "not all mental illness being the same" after saying mine can't have been that serious :lol: :lol: Bravo genius, trying to tar me with a brush that is already covering you :lol:
    You think people with 'light' depression see psychiatrists? Good one. You think it's only medication and not the illness that can prevent people functioning? Again, good one. You know what, keep thinking you know it all. And yeah, I was totally wrong about 'not all mental illness being the same' - it's not like that's the point you're attempting to make even in this post I'm replying to now, is it?

But no, if your ability to search for and do work was not impaired at all then no, in my opinion, it is not at all likely that you experienced particularly severe depression. And the way you're talking about it suggests that you don't even understand that. I'm sure it was unpleasant for you. No-one is disputing that. But we wouldn't even be talking about this and judging your ability to sympathise, were it not for you sneering at someone who is clearly impacted more, in terms of being able to sign on, by her illness than you were by yours. Try to understand that a little bit. Or at least realise that you are lucky for your life not to have been impacted even more by mental illness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    She is searching for work. She's made over 400 applications. She clearly is capable of work and she clearly is capable of signing on at the job centre every 2 weeks. She's simply doesn't want to be "looked down on" by the people at the job centre, because she thinks she's more important than that.
    It's weird, it's like you think you know me... But I'm pretty sure you don't! Strange, huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's weird, it's like you think you know me... But I'm pretty sure you don't! Strange, huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's probably seen people like you before. It's hardly as you put it 'Strange, huh?' clearly sarcastic and unneeded for someone who is trying to help you you seem rather *****y and its not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegatusShadow)
    He's probably seen people like you before. It's hardly as you put it 'Strange, huh?' clearly sarcastic and unneeded for someone who is trying to help you you seem rather *****y and its not good.
    I'm not *****y. I'm just fed up with people who don't know me being horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not *****y. I'm just fed up with people who don't know me being horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe it's because of 8 pages of people saying the same stuff to you but you being rather stubborn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegatusShadow)
    Maybe it's because of 8 pages of people saying the same stuff to you but you being rather stubborn.
    I've phoned SLC, I'm hardly refusing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We live in a mid-terrace. The rent includes insurance, window cleaners and tv licence
    why are two people without kids at 20 not trying to save and live in a one bed flat? dont you have spare bedrooms for no reason?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's what you said in previous posts in this thread. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    why are two people without kids at 20 not trying to save and live in a one bed flat? dont you have spare bedrooms for no reason?
    We have one spare room that i use as my office and for when parents stay over. We only had 2 weeks to find somewhere to live and there wasn't much option. So we just took the first place that we could really, everywhere else kept getting taken before we could get in there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    It's what you said in previous posts in this thread. :lol:
    I've never said I was more important than anyone or anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You think people with 'light' depression see psychiatrists? Good one. You think it's only medication and not the illness that can prevent people functioning? Again, good one. You know what, keep thinking you know it all. And yeah, I was totally wrong about 'not all mental illness being the same' - it's not like that's the point you're attempting to make even in this post I'm replying to now, is it?

But no, if your ability to search for and do work was not impaired at all then no, in my opinion, it is not at all likely that you experienced particularly severe depression. And the way you're talking about it suggests that you don't even understand that. I'm sure it was unpleasant for you. No-one is disputing that. But we wouldn't even be talking about this and judging your ability to sympathise, were it not for you sneering at someone who is clearly impacted more, in terms of being able to sign on, by her illness than you were by yours. Try to understand that a little bit. Or at least realise that you are lucky for your life not to have been impacted even more by mental illness.
    Hahahahahaha :lol:

1) Yes people CAN see psychiatrists for depression in order to see how deep routed the problem is. I had a friend who was given a multitude of tasks to complete over the course of a month to try and understand how deep routed her problem was, as she specifically asked not to go down the drugs route. Again, I never said the medication and not the illness prevented people doing anything. You are plucking this crap out of thin air now.

2) Not once have I said "I know it all". Not once have I said "I had serve depression" (I am thankful I didn't), you assumed I said that, then you said I had light depression. Thank you for the diagnoses. But again, its your assumption, not mine :yy:

3) I asked her if she had anxiety, because I genuinely couldn't remember if that was the condition she mentioned previously, she replied and took ZERO offence, and you took offence on her behalf :lol: You are the one who got all high and mighty and started crying about "Other deep routed problems people have that you might not know about!!!!!". Not once did I sneer at her mental health. I certainly didn't tell her it wasn't serious, like you tried with me :lol:

4) Yes, I know I am lucky, my run in with depression only last around 18 months. With some people it's years and years. I told Holson it was unfortunate that she was suffering with anxiety etc. I get she may have an array of mental health issues, but they should not be preventing her from collecting money she is entitled too. She wants to work and has every right to claim that money. Especially after applying for as many jobs as she claims.

And your argument for me only having light depression because I wanted to work? Does that mean Holson only has light anxiety because she wants to work aswell? :confused: I don't think so.

Infact, if she signed on, she could potentially claim back the missed payments back until Janaury or whatever time she became unemployed, providing she had evidence of job applications and interviews. £57 a week, from January til now, could be a back log of around 2 grand.

So calm down little Miss Angry :lol: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahaha :lol:

1) Yes people CAN see psychiatrists for depression in order to see how deep routed the problem is. I had a friend who was given a multitude of tasks to complete over the course of a month to try and understand how deep routed her problem was, as she specifically asked not to go down the drugs route. Again, I never said the medication and not the illness prevented people doing anything. You are plucking this crap out of thin air now.
    I never said people can't see psychiatrists for depression. I said people with mild depression don't see psychiatrists. And I don't think the person your friend is seeing is a psychiatrist...

2) Not once have I said "I know it all". Not once have I said "I had serve depression" (I am thankful I didn't), you assumed I said that, then you said I had light depression. Thank you for the diagnoses. But again, its your assumption, not mine :yy:
    You've implied it with your claims about what the OP (and anyone else with depression) should be capable of. I didn't say you had 'light depression' (which doesn't exist, by the way), I said you likely had mild to moderate depression. Not sure why you're taking offence to that. Very few people experience severe depression, many who do are hospitalised. The point, which you still seem to be missing, is that depression can and does prevent many people from functioning, despite your bold claims.

3) I asked her if she had anxiety, because I genuinely couldn't remember if that was the condition she mentioned previously, she replied and took ZERO offence, and you took offence on her behalf :lol: You are the one who got all high and mighty and started crying about "Other deep routed problems people have that you might not know about!!!!!". Not once did I sneer at her mental health. I certainly didn't tell her it wasn't serious, like you tried with me :lol:
    Learn to read. And learn the difference between 'serious' and 'severe'.

4) Yes, I know I am lucky, my run in with depression only last around 18 months. With some people it's years and years. I told Holson it was unfortunate that she was suffering with anxiety etc. I get she may have an array of mental health issues, but they should not be preventing her from collecting money she is entitled too. She wants to work and has every right to claim that money. Especially after applying for as many jobs as she claims.
    Again with your claims abut what her mental illness should not be preventing her from doing. Yet you're getting butthurt about me suggesting you don't understand mental illness well enough? Sorry doctor.

And your argument for me only having light depression because I wanted to work? Does that mean Holson only has light anxiety because she wants to work aswell? :confused: I don't think so.
    I said nothing about you wanting or not wanting to do anything. Your reading comprehension is lacking.

Infact, if she signed on, she could potentially claim back the missed payments back until Janaury or whatever time she became unemployed, providing she had evidence of job applications and interviews. £57 a week, from January til now, could be a back log of around 2 grand.

So calm down little Miss Angry :lol: :lol:
    I'm neither 'little', angry nor a 'Miss'. Stop getting butthurt just because I'm not agreeing with you. You accused me of suddenly defending her because of something or other - no, I am arguing with you because I disagree with what you have been saying. The fact that I even need to say that is utterly bizarre. It's like you're perceiving it as some sort of loyalty shift. This is a discussion thread on the internet. I realised the OP seemed to be coming across as mentally unwell, providing an explanation for some of her responses and actions. You started saying things I disagreed with. This is not a difficult concept.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.