St George's
    5.58%
    Other
    25.72%
    I dont know :')
    4.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    No anyone know what dates Birmingham interviews are on? I know the dates for my other unis, I just can't seem to find Birmingham's

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year the invites were sent out from 10th Nov and people had to book their interview slots online . First interviews were on 29th/30th Nov last year. fingers crossed for all of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    No anyone know what dates Birmingham interviews are on? I know the dates for my other unis, I just can't seem to find Birmingham's

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I just got an interview and the dates for Nov/Dec are 28th Nov - 9th Dec.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zedna)
    Hi, I just got an interview and the dates for Nov/Dec are 28th Nov - 9th Dec.
    Woah, you just got an interview for Birmingham?
    That was quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    That was quick!

Its alphabetical order, so as long as you meet their minimum for this year, youll get one. so someone with a score of 10 on the offer calculator but with a surname beginning with Z will get theres in maybe 2 weeks as opposed to anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    That was quick!

I know!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zedna)
    I know!
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    Its alphabetical order, so as long as you meet their minimum for this year, youll get one. so someone with a score of 10 on the offer calculator but with a surname beginning with Z will get theres in maybe 2 weeks as opposed to anytime soon
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my first interview! Birmingham! Great to have some good news after the awful bmat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    My surname begins with a L so middle of the road and i got an interview so don't think that's it

ReputationRep:
    It's not by the alphabet - it's by score. Everyone with an interview this early has scores of 9+/10 and then they'll move on to the lower scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do uni's have our UKCAT scores then if people are getting interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    Do uni's have our UKCAT scores then if people are getting interviews?
    If it's clear that the school uses UKCAT then it's hard to argue otherwise...

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview from Birmingham!!! So surprised and excited 😀😀😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    If it's clear that the school uses UKCAT then it's hard to argue otherwise...
    It seems to be only for Bham so far, and as far as i'm aware you can get enough points for an interview with your GCSE's if they're all A*s, so maybe they don't have our scores yet

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be only for Bham so far, and as far as i'm aware you can get enough points for an interview with your GCSE's if they're all A*s, so maybe they don't have our scores yet
    30% of their scoring system is UKCAT. They have been sent, perhaps Birmingham is just the most organised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emelinaw)
    30% of their scoring system is UKCAT. They have been sent, perhaps Birmingham is just the most organised!
    Bham score out of 10 don't they? So straight A*s at GCSE would give you 7/10 and as far as i'm aware you needed around 6ish for an interview, so your UKCAT wouldn't even matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    My surname begins with a L so middle of the road and i got an interview so don't think that's it
    Oh in my school it was people with surnames beginning with B C and D who got an interview, i got 9.7 on the offer calculator and havent heard anything (surname beginning with S) so yah, i was told it was alphabetical, my baddd

ReputationRep:
    Possibly no then if that's true

ReputationRep:
    Bham score out of 10 don't they? So straight A*s at GCSE would give you 7/10 and as far as i'm aware you needed around 6ish for an interview, so your UKCAT wouldn't even matter
    Nope - everyone who's got an interview at this early stage has 9.5+.

And if you look at their website, the majority of people who get in have 8 or above. Those with 6-7 would have had extenuating circumstances or went to an extremely poor score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emelinaw)
    It's not by the alphabet - it's by score. Everyone with an interview this early has scores of 9+/10 and then they'll move on to the lower scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think its people who got 9+ in the first batch, i just got an interview email 5mins ago, and my surname begins with S and my friend (who i scored above in the offer calculator) got his at 10:30 but his surname begins with B. im certain its something to do with the alphabet

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.