The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zedna
Hi, I just got an interview and the dates for Nov/Dec are 28th Nov - 9th Dec.

Woah, you just got an interview for Birmingham?
That was quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 1641
Original post by CutieTootsie
That was quick!

Its alphabetical order, so as long as you meet their minimum for this year, youll get one. so someone with a score of 10 on the offer calculator but with a surname beginning with Z will get theres in maybe 2 weeks as opposed to anytime soon
Reply 1642
Original post by CutieTootsie
That was quick!

I know! :smile:
Original post by Zedna
I know! :smile:

congrats
Original post by Sulee
Its alphabetical order, so as long as you meet their minimum for this year, youll get one. so someone with a score of 10 on the offer calculator but with a surname beginning with Z will get theres in maybe 2 weeks as opposed to anytime soon

How do you know?
Just got my first interview! Birmingham! Great to have some good news after the awful bmat
Original post by Sulee

My surname begins with a L so middle of the road and i got an interview so don't think that's it
It's not by the alphabet - it's by score. Everyone with an interview this early has scores of 9+/10 and then they'll move on to the lower scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do uni's have our UKCAT scores then if people are getting interviews?
Reply 1649
Original post by HopelessMedic
Do uni's have our UKCAT scores then if people are getting interviews?

If it's clear that the school uses UKCAT then it's hard to argue otherwise...
I've got an interview from Birmingham!!! So surprised and excited 😀😀😀
Original post by rayrk
If it's clear that the school uses UKCAT then it's hard to argue otherwise...

It seems to be only for Bham so far, and as far as i'm aware you can get enough points for an interview with your GCSE's if they're all A*s, so maybe they don't have our scores yet
It seems to be only for Bham so far, and as far as i'm aware you can get enough points for an interview with your GCSE's if they're all A*s, so maybe they don't have our scores yet

30% of their scoring system is UKCAT. They have been sent, perhaps Birmingham is just the most organised!
Original post by emelinaw
30% of their scoring system is UKCAT. They have been sent, perhaps Birmingham is just the most organised!

Bham score out of 10 don't they? So straight A*s at GCSE would give you 7/10 and as far as i'm aware you needed around 6ish for an interview, so your UKCAT wouldn't even matter
Reply 1654
Original post by isabella1999
My surname begins with a L so middle of the road and i got an interview so don't think that's it

Oh in my school it was people with surnames beginning with B C and D who got an interview, i got 9.7 on the offer calculator and havent heard anything (surname beginning with S) so yah, i was told it was alphabetical, my baddd
Reply 1655

Possibly no then if that's true :smile:
Bham score out of 10 don't they? So straight A*s at GCSE would give you 7/10 and as far as i'm aware you needed around 6ish for an interview, so your UKCAT wouldn't even matter

Nope - everyone who's got an interview at this early stage has 9.5+.

And if you look at their website, the majority of people who get in have 8 or above. Those with 6-7 would have had extenuating circumstances or went to an extremely poor score.
Reply 1657
It's not by the alphabet - it's by score. Everyone with an interview this early has scores of 9+/10 and then they'll move on to the lower scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its people who got 9+ in the first batch, i just got an interview email 5mins ago, and my surname begins with S and my friend (who i scored above in the offer calculator) got his at 10:30 but his surname begins with B. im certain its something to do with the alphabet
Nope - everyone who's got an interview at this early stage has 9.5+.

And if you look at their website, the majority of people who get in have 8 or above. Those with 6-7 would have had extenuating circumstances or went to an extremely poor score.

Ah ok fair enough
Original post by Sulee
I think its people who got 9+ in the first batch, i just got an interview email 5mins ago, and my surname begins with S and my friend (who i scored above in the offer calculator) got his at 10:30 but his surname begins with B. im certain its something to do with the alphabet

Yeah that sounds right - they would send offers in alphabetic order but in bands of scores.
Someone said that everyone would be sent offers completely by surname, but so that even if you got a higher score, you would get an offer after someone with an A surname - that would obviously be unfair!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending