Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lennon for Bolton. Good appointment.

ReputationRep:
    Disgraceful effort by the City yesterday. £70 it cost me to watch them make one of the ****test teams in creation look like world beaters.

Pressley should be ashamed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Disgraceful effort by the City yesterday. £70 it cost me to watch them make one of the ****test teams in creation look like world beaters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Costs 70 squid for a ticket at Cov?! Bloooody hell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Costs 70 squid for a ticket at Cov?! Bloooody hell...
    Not quite. Came down from Scotland to Gresty Road-£50 on train tickets, £20 match ticket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Always seem to be the way when you make the effort like that! With living in Cardiff for a bit trips to watch Wrexham weren't that frequent but when I did make the journey whether it was a home or an away match it always ended with watching us put in a woeful performance.

I would say you will probably win next weekend with no problems and you won't be there to see it... but then I noticed you're playing Bristol City. Although, having lost to the bottom side where you expected to get three points I wouldn't be surprised if you beat the top club and put an end to their unbeaten run.

Over 8000 fans turned up at the Racecourse to watch Wrexham yesterday. It was great seeing the stadium at near capacity and noisy, but it's a shame that we won't even get half of those fans back for our next home game. It was our 150th anniversary game and it was one to forget result-wise but just making it to 150 years seems incredible for the club considering how close we were to losing it a couple of seasons ago. As much as it would be nice to get out of the Conference and back into the Football League, just having Wrexham in existence something I value much more. I'd happily stay in the Conference if it meant we were safe for another 150 years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Lennon for Bolton. Good appointment.
    We shall see. Hopefully he makes an immediate impact, and starts driving us clear of the bottom 3.

It's not like we don't have the personnel, why is why I was so confused with our start to the season. Couple of winnable games coming up so if we can maybe somehow take 6 from 9 things will look a little less gloomy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    We shall see. Hopefully he makes an immediate impact, and starts driving us clear of the bottom 3.

It's not like we don't have the personnel, why is why I was so confused with our start to the season. Couple of winnable games coming up so if we can maybe somehow take 6 from 9 things will look a little less gloomy.
    Great piece in the Guardian today from Daniel Taylor about how Gartside is ruining your club.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29486596

If I was the referee I would have found some excuse to send the Stevenage keeper off, just to bring Dave Beasant on to the field as the oldest player in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Great piece in the Guardian today from Daniel Taylor about how Gartside is ruining your club.
    Yeah, good article, but no new news to me really. Some of our signings over the last 3 years have been despicable. Put that alongside some of the players we got rid off and the recipe for disaster is complete.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Yeah, good article, but no new news to me really. Some of our signings over the last 3 years have been despicable. Put that alongside some of the players we got rid off and the recipe for disaster is complete.
    Agreed. People forget the Holden/Lee/M. Davies injuries you suffered back in 2011-12, though. With them two you probably wouldn't have gone down. Muamba's retirement didn't help, either.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Barcelona's cheapest season ticket is cheaper than ALL the cheapest season tickets in England's top four divisions. Even a few Conference clubs have more expensive season tickets than Barca.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ched Evans is set to be released from prison this week. I wonder if Sheffield United will resign him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Ched Evans is set to be released from prison this week. I wonder if Sheffield United will resign him.
    Whilst I disagree with the length of his sentencing, it'll be interesting to see how he recovers from this. Should be interesting to see if he's like Marlon King and spirals into nothingness, or uses his time inside to motivate him and pulls off something similar to Troy Deeney and uses it to propel his career.

Can't see Sheffield United resigning him though, what with the petition.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Price of football revealed by BBC today.

ReputationRep:
    So fulham's shortlist for the potential managers include Kit Symmons, the assistant manager; Steve Clarke, a guy who's been linked to every lower PL / Championship club who needed a manager; and Chris Hughton, who's been in a similar situation and was sacked at the end of last season

Did they need to hire an 'expert panel' of 5 people for that? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    So fulham's shortlist for the potential managers include Kit Symmons, the assistant manager; Steve Clarke, a guy who's been linked to every lower PL / Championship club who needed a manager; and Chris Hughton, who's been in a similar situation and was sacked at the end of last season

Did they need to hire an 'expert panel' of 5 people for that? :lol:
    If Chris Hughton doesn't get it, be prepared for another outbreak of how there isn't enough black managers in the game so football is automatically racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If Symons gets a result tomorrow he'll surely land the job.

ReputationRep:
    If Symons gets a result tomorrow he'll surely land the job.
    You are assuming logical minds in football club owners. I don't think the shortlist should have been made public.

ReputationRep:
    The bid has now been accepted by the Council, the Labour members of which I have told they can no longer expect my vote. It removes any chance of the club, be it under SISU's ownership or otherwise, from using the Ricoh in any capacity other than as tenants.

Wasps owe no loyalty to Coventry based sports teams-to some extent, the council did need to as their voters and taxpayers would also be City fans. We must now choose between giving Wasps a few hundred grand every year or actually building a new stadium. Rock, hard place, fecked etc
    I assume the ground will become the Ryanair Arena at some point given that London Wasps will be one of the sports clubs playing there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I assume the ground will become the Ryanair Arena at some point given that London Wasps will be one of the sports clubs playing there!
    They can call it whatever they want and paint the seats yellow to boot. Our own council selling out to them has achieved that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.