The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't go for Orange. You can't do anything in the SU! Partly reason why I switched after Freshers (which was a long time ago!)

I'm on Virgin, which is pretty good...think most of the other ones are ok too.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Sarah H
Don't go for Orange. You can't do anything in the SU! Partly reason why I switched after Freshers (which was a long time ago!)

I'm on Virgin, which is pretty good...think most of the other ones are ok too.

Good to know Virgin are decent as I just started a 18 month contract with them :smile:
Reply 3
If Virgin is good, then T-Mobile will be too.

(Note that I base this on the network itself, not the uni)
O2 are good =)
im with orange and really need to change, i dont get very good signal in the whole of southampton, and none in the halls of residence i was in last year.
i can't wait til half way April and then i can change my phone contract.. wooo!
Virgin Mobile - get good signal everywhere
Reply 8
Never had a problem with O2 down here.
Reply 9
How is 02 in Glen eyre? x
I had O2. they were good.
Vodaphone (or whatever they call themselves these days) have a mast on top of the Maths building, so if you're with them, you're probably good.

I have 3, and the signal was generally OK, but pretty crap in Monte halls, and I think at times it didnt work at Avenue. I also switched from Orange, but I didn't notice bad signal; I just wanted a new phone :beard:
Reply 12
I had O2 and it seems the best for me. I was in Monte 4 and the signal was bad. But i could stil call by the window and I had my friend stay over (and she was t-mobile) but she couldnt get a signal! So O2 at least beats t-mobile :biggrin:
I'm on O2 and have been since coming down here - have never had a problem and they have some good deals too.
Reply 14
Yeah they have great deals, Im on simplicity 20 with is £20 a month, one month rolling contract, sim only. Its the best, especially seeing as I got the iphone, i have free internet now too =D
Orange signal is rubbish but I've had no trouble at all since switching to 3
Virgin is good. O2 is crap for me (most probably because my sim is 7 years old and I need a replacement which has 3G). I've had to resort in diverting my o2 calls to me virgin number (i.e. 2 mobiles).
butbutbut i love orange! i dont want to change, they give me free stuff!
Well by all means don't change, but basically nobody will be able to contact you in halls or at uni. Or pretty much anywhere.
Reply 19
I don't need signal ... nobody ever calls me anyways *cries himself to sleep*.

Latest

Trending

Trending