The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
Well, I don't know how official that is, but general rules are;

Tuesday - Tru Nightclub (I don't like it as much as Gallery, but it's a personal Choice)
Wednesday - Ziggy's (Never, ever go there sober, you might cry :P )
Thursday - Gallery Nightclub
Friday - Fibbers
Saturday - Campus Bars
Sunday - Gallery (better than Thursday)

Edit - Are you going to Loughborough?
University of York
York
Reply 2
iv actually been ther 4 a yer already its just i hvnt been on this forum for a very long time lol and i live in huddersfield which is relatively near york and fancy a random night out up there and just wonderin what the best nights to go out are and what the actual nightlife is like and who's better to ask than fellow students lol
Reply 3
lucasm
iv actually been ther 4 a yer already its just i hvnt been on this forum for a very long time lol and i live in huddersfield which is relatively near york and fancy a random night out up there and just wonderin what the best nights to go out are and what the actual nightlife is like and who's better to ask than fellow students lol

actually friday night in york is the duchess' student night.

best nights are definitely tuesday, wednesday, thursday and sunday.

ziggys is unlike any other place, its hard to describe so you're just going to have to go!
Reply 4
chandy
actually friday night in york is the duchess' student night.

best nights are definitely tuesday, wednesday, thursday and sunday.

ziggys is unlike any other place, its hard to describe so you're just going to have to go!

u mentioned wednesday being a good night out what would be the best places to go on wednesday and is it normally lively on wednesday?
Reply 5
lucasm
u mentioned wednesday being a good night out what would be the best places to go on wednesday and is it normally lively on wednesday?

Ziggys. You need a student card to get in. Also, only during term time.
Ozy
Well, I don't know how official that is, but general rules are;

Tuesday - Tru Nightclub (I don't like it as much as Gallery, but it's a personal Choice)
Wednesday - Ziggy's (Never, ever go there sober, you might cry :P )
Thursday - Gallery Nightclub
Friday - Fibbers
Saturday - Campus Bars
Sunday - Gallery (better than Thursday)

Edit - Are you going to Loughborough?

Actually it is:

Monday - The Willow
Tuesday - The Willow
Wednesday - The Willow
Thursday - The Willow
Friday - The Willow
Saturday - The Willow
Sunday - The Willow

:p:
Reply 7
ArkhamAsylum
Actually it is:

Monday - The Willow
Tuesday - The Willow
Wednesday - The Willow
Thursday - The Willow
Friday - The Willow
Saturday - The Willow
Sunday - The Willow

:p:

Sounds like someone's going to be joining Cheesy Pop Soc in October.
Reply 8
ArkhamAsylum

I am really looking forward to going there. That and City Screen. :smile:
Reply 9
I wouldn't venture into Ziggy's without being ateast half way inebriated.
Aren't Saturday nights busy? That's weird - Saturday night's for partying!!

Is that the night when all the locals are out? If so - great! Who wants to mix exclusively with students, anyways?!
LurkerintheDark
Aren't Saturday nights busy? That's weird - Saturday night's for partying!!

Is that the night when all the locals are out? If so - great! Who wants to mix exclusively with students, anyways?!

The downside is the cost, really. Or at least that's the case in most places I've been out in on a Saturday.
Student Night is normally Monday or Wednesday, on Saturday they want to attract in adults with more money :smile:
IeuanF
The downside is the cost, really. Or at least that's the case in most places I've been out in on a Saturday.

Very true, but I fancy going to a place with a mixture of people really...not just students 24/7. I bet the place is teaming with hot local chicks on a saturday. Hopefully people take a trip out to Leeds quite often? Plenty of stuff going on there!

Latest

Trending

Trending