The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Glad you're coming to Nottingham then? :wink:

That's an odd pack. Does the timetable include lectures etc?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
still got nothing, apart from the welcome guide, and i've got two weeks left! :frown:
Reply 62
Mrgd291190
Glad you're coming to Nottingham then? :wink:

That's an odd pack. Does the timetable include lectures etc?

Really glad! I was actually at Trent a year or so ago but didn't like my course or the uni...really loved the city though so I'm glad I'm back!

Well what I think is the 'official' welcome pack has just arrived. Just has a welcome letter, Welcome Guide (which is actually really useful) and a leaflet on the language centre.

The timetable outlines the following:

Welcome Speeches
Eggstravaganza (Sound like an egg-launching competition if you ask me!)
Module Registration, Safety
The odd introductory lecture

I'm expecting more information in the next few days though.
Still?? I only want a reading list and a list of possible module choices for the first year. After that I'm a happy man :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
s1mon
Really glad! I was actually at Trent a year or so ago but didn't like my course or the uni...really loved the city though so I'm glad I'm back!

Well what I think is the 'official' welcome pack has just arrived. Just has a welcome letter, Welcome Guide (which is actually really useful) and a leaflet on the language centre.

The timetable outlines the following:

Welcome Speeches
Eggstravaganza (Sound like an egg-launching competition if you ask me!)
Module Registration, Safety
The odd introductory lecture

I'm expecting more information in the next few days though.

Well, glad you've come over to the Light Side :biggrin:

Yup, that's the main one. I've got one of those, mine came on the 1st of Sep. But a lot still haven't :s-smilie:

Eggstravaganza! :rofl: Sounds like it! Nuts!
Well, it looks like it'll be a good week, whatever happens, whenever we get the info...
cunningstunt87
Still?? I only want a reading list and a list of possible module choices for the first year. After that I'm a happy man :frown:

I know! How hard would it be!

Hmm...do we know any IntRel or Pol students from last year? Course should be the same, just to give us a clue?
Reply 66
the welcome pack for nottingham trent university comes around september 15th, thats what they said when i called them.

hope this helps to whoever it applies, and it will have everything included in it, such as lecturer.. timetables..campuses...freshers week.. etc...
Reply 67
Mrgd291190
Well, glad you've come over to the Light Side :biggrin:

Yup, that's the main one. I've got one of those, mine came on the 1st of Sep. But a lot still haven't :s-smilie:

Eggstravaganza! :rofl: Sounds like it! Nuts!
Well, it looks like it'll be a good week, whatever happens, whenever we get the info...

Yeah mate should be good. Freshers take 2 for me....if NTU's one is anything to go by, this will be ace.
s1mon
Yeah mate should be good. Freshers take 2 for me....if NTU's one is anything to go by, this will be ace.

Can't wait :biggrin: Week One's meant to be epic, I just hope they update the site soon and tell us what we're doing...

What are you studying? What did you do at NTU? :smile:
Reply 69
Mrgd291190
Can't wait :biggrin: Week One's meant to be epic, I just hope they update the site soon and tell us what we're doing...

What did you do at NTU?

Well I done Computer Science at College then went to uni to do the same thing....to then realise it was actually really boring!

Since then, I have been working as an IT analyst but I just had to get out of studying/using computers all the time. It was a difficult decision (maybe foolish??) to drop a well paid job and become a student hobo again but I'm really glad I have.
s1mon
Well I done Computer Science at College then went to uni to do the same thing....to then realise it was actually really boring!

Since then, I have been working as an IT analyst but I just had to get out of studying/using computers all the time. It was a difficult decision (maybe foolish??) to drop a well paid job and become a student hobo again but I'm really glad I have.

Yikes! Well, at least you've proved you can get a job in it, so you'll always have a back up as a temporary measure!
There's always advantages to going to Uni, including Freshers and socializing, so you're not foolish :wink: Though hobo-ness isn't quite as enjoyable...

What are you studying now?
Reply 71
Mrgd291190
Yikes! Well, at least you've proved you can get a job in it, so you'll always have a back up as a temporary measure!
There's always advantages to going to Uni, including Freshers and socializing, so you're not foolish :wink: Though hobo-ness isn't quite as enjoyable...

What are you studying now?

That's a fair point- it's always good knowing you have a fall-back.

But still, it wasn't a complete waste of time- you learn a LOT from working (ie. actually doing work ).

Cos of shoehorning myself into IT I have to do a science foundation year before I can do Neuroscience.
Reply 72
I told you lol:p:
(edited 3 years ago)
s1mon
That's a fair point- it's always good knowing you have a fall-back.

But still, it wasn't a complete waste of time- you learn a LOT from working (ie. actually doing work ).

Cos of shoehorning myself into IT I have to do a science foundation year before I can do Neuroscience.

Really? I suppose the whole environment and the like can help, and you must pick up plenty of transferable skills etc

Neuroscience, wow, impressive :biggrin: I have a load of friends doing foundation years, mostly in engineering and art. Mind you, you get an extra year at an amazing university and city :wink:
Reply 74
Mrgd291190
Really? I suppose the whole environment and the like can help, and you must pick up plenty of transferable skills etc

Neuroscience, wow, impressive :biggrin: I have a load of friends doing foundation years, mostly in engineering and art. Mind you, you get an extra year at an amazing university and city :wink:

Yeah there are lots of transferrable skills, but it's the whole independence/growing up thing that you just don't get living at home studying.

I've been living away from home for the past 18 months from working so going away to uni should be a doddle!

What halls will you be staying in? I applied for Cripps initially but could only get into Hugh Stu- no bad thing I suppose!
s1mon
Yeah there are lots of transferrable skills, but it's the whole independence/growing up thing that you just don't get living at home studying.

I've been living away from home for the past 18 months from working so going away to uni should be a doddle!

What halls will you be staying in? I applied for Cripps initially but could only get into Hugh Stu- no bad thing I suppose!

Good point, I'm hoping Uni'll force me to develop my independence rapidly, at least relatively! You'll survive better than the rest of us :wink: How come you were away from home?

Lenton and Wortley :smile: It looks great to me, has it's own bar etc. What sort of room have you got?

What sort of socs are you interested in?
cunningstunt87

Saw this in another thread for modules.

http://modulecatalogue.nottingham.ac.uk/nottingham/asp/FindModule.asp
Reply 77
Mrgd291190
Good point, I'm hoping Uni'll force me to develop my independence rapidly, at least relatively! You'll survive better than the rest of us :wink: How come you were away from home?

Lenton and Wortley :smile: It looks great to me, has it's own bar etc. What sort of room have you got?

What sort of socs are you interested in?

I can't remember, is that self-catered or catered?

I was away from home because work was a good hour away. As I had the money I just got my own place. Was fantastic, if a little expensive!

I'm planning on hitting the cycling and football clubs when I get there, as well as the radio station. What about you?
I never got the point of Skins. Bit rubbish in my opinion.
(edited 3 years ago)
s1mon
I can't remember, is that self-catered or catered?

I was away from home because work was a good hour away. As I had the money I just got my own place. Was fantastic, if a little expensive!

I'm planning on hitting the cycling and football clubs when I get there, as well as the radio station. What about you?

Catered, but with a small kitchenette.

Cool, might see you in the radio station but I'm not sure what to do or how. Politics Socs, RockSoc, maybe Photo and I might try out for TEC. Probably join the gym for swimming.

Latest

Trending

Trending