The Student Room Group

Driving test cancelled at the last min!! Theory expires soon! :'(

Hi all,
I'm new here, but I reallllyyyy need some help!
I was scheduled to have my practical driving test on Monday, as you guys can imagine I had 2 weeks full of lessons, which cost a bomb! And a lesson before hand and then I get to the tests centre, in Watford, and its cancelled, because the examiner is ill! I was sooo prepared for it! Anyways, now i'm gutted, and they said they'll send me a new tests date, which they did, it was the day after, and I was relieved, BUT my instructor had another test at around the same time :frown: so I couldnt do it.
Basically, now, ive tried calling over a hundred times (literally) over the past few days, and its the stupid automated system that hangs up on me becuase of "large calling volumes" every time! I need them to re-book my tests asap because my theory expires on the 26th of Sep! Im so panicked, I cannot get through to them, and i've spent so much money, I dont wanna have to re-do my theory, and plus they don't know the reason I didnt make it on tuesday when they re-booked my test (because I couldnt get throught to them), so would I recieve my money back for that?!
I've tried emailing them, and an automated email reply's back saying they should get back to me within 10 days..yeah I know its only been a few days, but the wait is not good :frown: And I've called them, alwaysss busy!
Any suggestions?!! What do I do? And i've also been to the dsa website, to change the date of my test, and everytime I go onto it, it comes up with "none to meet your requirements" I've even tried, typing a different test centre and the year 2010!! None to meet my requirements, even for NEXT year?! :lolwut: Argh...sorry for blabbing,
any suggestions pleasee?!
Sam x
Reply 1
Set the date for as soon as possible on the website

When the page with the times and dates comes up. Refresh it every 10 minutes or so. If you're lucky, you'll get a cancellation, if not. Then keep trying
Reply 2
I would do that, I have tried that, but the page never comes up with any dates whatsoever! Not even any in 2010? I have no idea why.
Reply 3
Yeah keep, trying you'll pass soon. Just go for a different test centre. You'll find a way. everyday check for a cancellation.
Reply 4
i think if they rebooked it on your behalf and you didn't turn up, i think you've most probably lost your fee there.
just try and book a test as soon as possible for any date, and then just keep checking back on the website every day for cancellations. Thats probably the best way to go :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks everyone,
well I was checking online today as usual, for cancellations, and there was one for tomorrow :biggrin: so I quickly booked it, I entered my card details etc and it confirmed.
Then when I checked back on the status of my test it remained the same!!
So I thought, I better give them a call, hoplessly as no one EVER gets through, and I FINALLYY GOT THROUGH!! The guy told me that my confirmation had not gone through! So it was taken by someone else :frown:
Now all I can do is fill out the form for money I lost and send it to them, and he said keep on checking online for cancellations.
WISH ME LUCK PEOPLE!! I need someone to cancel before my theory expires! :frown:
Reply 7
Hey Sam, I failed my test today (1 major and 2 minors! ARGH) ANd my theory also runs out on the 26th Sept. I really want to get a cancellation booking but I also cant get through to the number (does anyone ACTUALLY work there!?)
I just wanted to know how you actually found your cancellatino booking. Did you go through the normal online booking procedure? Miie keeps coming up with your theory expires on blah blah blah and then no dates? I really want to get one before the 26th as I was so close to passing and my major was debatable! Any suggestions? I'm desperate! Around what time did you find the last cancellation that you lost?

Sorry thats all a bit of a ramble Im just freaking out over having to do my theory all over again!
Reply 8
I hope all who posted here get their tests sorted on time, but seriously.. your theory pass is valid for TWO YEARS! Why have you all left it to the last minute, therefore panicking when things go wrong near the deadline?
Reply 9
Hey Harlene, well basically, mine does the same thing saying, "your theory expires on the 26th Sept, this will affect the dates avaiable to you". So in other words it won't show you any dates further than your theory test expiry date. Go on the DSA website and click on "change" or "check" your practical driving test, then it asks you to enter your driving number and theory number and/or application ref number, enter any of the two. And click next, it warns you that "you will lose your fee" bla bla if you make a cancellation but just click next. It comes up with your recent test and then on the right top corner should say "change date" click on it, and click on "earliest available" and next, usually NO dates come up, I was lucky to find one y'day BUT damn my luck, it didn't confirm! Anyway, keep trying, go back and forth, refresh etc. And also, I checked today and the website is playing up, saying call the 0300 number, HOPEFULLY will be back to normal soon enough! I got through y'day LITERALLY I mean after calling the 100th time, and the guy as I said above gave me the same advice, keep checking for cancellations.
None for me yet :frown:
Good luck, hope this helped.
Sam
x
Hello I had the siminer thing happen to me but in the end my theory ran out so now I'm having to resit it and fail first time so had to wait 29 days jusy to resit so I can imagine I fuming I spent up to a grand was ready for my test and let down lasted

Latest

Trending

Trending