The Student Room Group

Booking my practical driving test

Hi,
I did 20hrs of driving between August-September (I am 16 and get PIP for having ASD and ADHD) and passed my theory driving test this Thursday. Yesterday I looked at practical test bookings however I have found nothing, even for next September (2024)! I have looked online and there are some places where people can get a test quicker and fast track them with cancellations. Advice would be greatly appreciated for this.
Reply 1
This is on the governments long list of fiascos to sort out, there is some info on gov.uk. You’re right, being prepared to travel a long distance to unfamiliar areas to take up cancellations seems to be the only way at the moment. Work to get as competent as you can in the hope of passing first time too
Reply 2
Tests are released on the government website at 6am on Monday mornings
They are about 5 months in advance, so it's be for April or something, but there are tests released every week.

You can book cancellations - my test is December 5th. If I fail I will search with the cancellation app until I find another one. I've heard it's usually possible to get it within a couple of weeks this way.

You can also pay somebody else to do this for you, or some companies but up tests in advanced and sell them at a premium, so it's up to you. But what I will do is search for it myself, possibly with the premium version of a test cancellation app.

Good luck 👍
Reply 3
Original post by LeksCho
Tests are released on the government website at 6am on Monday mornings
They are about 5 months in advance, so it's be for April or something, but there are tests released every week.

You can book cancellations - my test is December 5th. If I fail I will search with the cancellation app until I find another one. I've heard it's usually possible to get it within a couple of weeks this way.

You can also pay somebody else to do this for you, or some companies but up tests in advanced and sell them at a premium, so it's up to you. But what I will do is search for it myself, possibly with the premium version of a test cancellation app.

Good luck 👍

^^^ book a test anywherein the U.K at 6 am sharp, then buy a cancellation app and move to ur desired centre!
Be VERY wary of those cancellation apps, many people have lost money because they didn't turn up for a driving test that an app had booked, but it had failed to notify them about it
Reply 5
Original post by slartibartfast4
Be VERY wary of those cancellation apps, many people have lost money because they didn't turn up for a driving test that an app had booked, but it had failed to notify them about it

omg rlly that scary cos i have one, but u get an email from DVLA abt ur testing being changed so it would be hard to miss it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending