The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unis offer places based on predictions. So if you are predicted Ds its unlikely you will be made an offer by a uni that offers Bs. Most unis dont interview so you dont even have a chance of explaining to them that you think you will get Bs. Have you tried asking your school to higher your predicted grades?
You would prob get rejected outright so I would advise you to have other choices with lower offers.
The unis dont interview after exam results, so if you do get far better grades than predicted and cant get in anywhere decent through clearing then it is prob worth taking a gap year and reapplying the next year with your grades.
They dont usually change their minds, most of the good unis dont have many clearing places either.
It might be worth contacting this uni and checking with them.
Reply 2
viviki
Unis offer places based on predictions. So if you are predicted Ds its unlikely you will be made an offer by a uni that offers Bs. Most unis dont interview so you dont even have a chance of explaining to them that you think you will get Bs. Have you tried asking your school to higher your predicted grades?
You would prob get rejected outright so I would advise you to have other choices with lower offers.
The unis dont interview after exam results, so if you do get far better grades than predicted and cant get in anywhere decent through clearing then it is prob worth taking a gap year and reapplying the next year with your grades.
They dont usually change their minds, most of the good unis dont have many clearing places either.
It might be worth contacting this uni and checking with them.

ok thanx wot does the clearing process involve? and wot happens if ppl get worse than predicted after interview. soz to bother u
Reply 3
I have already given you the clearing links in the other thread that you posted in.
You get an offer after interview the offer is normally conditional on your grades so if you miss the grades you've lost your place.
Reply 5
i dont agree with predicted grades.

One of my predicted grades is bad because i got a u last year, but im re taking the modules so hopefully i will improve alot, but if a uni looks at my predicted grade for that subject they are not going to want me
Reply 7
How else are they going to do it? They dont want to know just your grades which you can fluke they want to know that you are capable at working at a consistant level and this level is best reflected my your teachers prediction of your achievements.
Reply 8
viviki
How else are they going to do it? They dont want to know just your grades which you can fluke they want to know that you are capable at working at a consistant level and this level is best reflected my your teachers prediction of your achievements.

u mind if i ask 1 more question - are the predicted grades updated again soon coz ive just recieved mine. do the unis get informed of the updates after applying
Reply 9
I think the predicted grades on your reference are the only predicted grades unis will see. I'm pretty sure they won't be updated.

If the unis you've applied to don't make you an offer based on those then your only option is to blitz the exams and go through clearing, which is explained above.
Reply 10
Pencil Queen
If your predicted grades are improved *after* you've sent off your UCAS form get you're tutor to write a letter and sign it and photocopy it 6 times and send it (with your UCAS number) to the admissions tutors for your subject at each university you've applied to...if you're quick you might be able to get the improved grades considered before the uni rejects you...

if it's likely to take a while to get your teacher to write a letter etc etc then phone up all of your choices and speak to the admissions tutor personally to let them know that more information to support your application is on it's way and ask them to hold off making a decision on your application until after they've recieved the new info.

yeah thanx depends when the next upgrade is lol
what everyone says here is true but....
I applied for a course at Sheffield Uni and they wanted BBC. I had an interview with them, and they gave me a conditional offer of BBC despite me only getting CE at AS Level.

If its a really popular course then dont bother applying coz you wont stand a chance. But if its not a popular course then give it a bash, you do have 6 choices and only 2 of them you can pick anyway
Reply 12
Do your teachers tell you what grades they've predicted you? Do you get to read thier references?
Reply 13
Ellie4
Do your teachers tell you what grades they've predicted you? Do you get to read thier references?

depends completely on your school. my form tutor let me read mine, other places read them to you, other places don't let you see it at all. however, you can pay ucas £10 to see it under the data protection act.

lou xxx
Reply 14
Ellie4

i read my reference and i know my predicted grades..but my teacher did say something about other schools not allowing their students to read their references...although i dont understand why ... :confused:
Reply 15
So reading your references varies, but they'll normally tell you your predicted grades? And lou, do your teachers know if you've requested to read thier references from UCAS?
Reply 16
lou p
depends completely on your school. my form tutor let me read mine, other places read them to you, other places don't let you see it at all. however, you can pay ucas £10 to see it under the data protection act.

lou xxx

If you don't see your predicted grades then how do you know what places you can apply to? Like theres not much point in applying somewhere that wants AAB when you're only predicted BBB
Reply 17
~Sam~
If you don't see your predicted grades then how do you know what places you can apply to? Like theres not much point in applying somewhere that wants AAB when you're only predicted BBB

ask your teachers theyll almost certainly tell you
i never gt to c my predicted grades :frown:
Reply 19
tammypotato
i never gt to c my predicted grades :frown:

why didnt you ask your teacher?

Latest

Trending

Trending